PDA

View Full Version : Decisions, decisions.... (DS Lite vs. Airsoft Rifle vs. Cell Phone)

Lopez.T.H.
May 17, 2006, 08:46 PM
This has something to do with gaming as a DS Lite is involved.

My birthday is coming up soon and I have 3 items I can choose from.

1. DS Lite and 2 games. (Animal Crossing, New SMB)
2. Airsoft Rifle Rifle (http://www.softairgun.net/proddetail.php?prod=47389C3)
3. New Cell Phone "switch_back" (http://www.virginmobileusa.com/catalog/phoneDetail.do?skuId=VMK7LE)

Help me choose!

Ja Di ksw
May 17, 2006, 09:08 PM
Very different items, it really depends on what you want. I don't know if I would get the new SMB, though. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, I really like it, but it's short. If you only have it and Animal Crossing for a decent amount of time, you're going to just be playing AC for awhile. I'd get Mario and Luigi, Partners in Time, MarioKart, or some other game that lasts longer or that you can play online.

Personally I'd go for a paintball gun over your air gun if you have people to play with :D

Lopez.T.H.
May 17, 2006, 09:40 PM
Very different items, it really depends on what you want. I don't know if I would get the new SMB, though. Don't get me wrong, it's awesome, I really like it, but it's short. If you only have it and Animal Crossing for a decent amount of time, you're going to just be playing AC for awhile. I'd get Mario and Luigi, Partners in Time, MarioKart, or some other game that lasts longer or that you can play online.

Personally I'd go for a paintball gun over your air gun if you have people to play with :D

I dont like paintball. At all.

crachoar
May 17, 2006, 09:41 PM
There's no way in hell a $130 Airsoft rifle is any good at all.

Gimmick phones like that charge per message for AIM and IM clients. They suck for gaming and they usually suck as phones.

Get the DS.

However, I can say, I became bored with 'Animal Crossing' within a month. I'd invest in 'Castlevania' to be honest.

Lopez.T.H.
May 17, 2006, 09:49 PM
There's no way in hell a $130 Airsoft rifle is any good at all.

Gimmick phones like that charge per message for AIM and IM clients. They suck for gaming and they usually suck as phones.

Get the DS.

However, I can say, I became bored with 'Animal Crossing' within a month. I'd invest in 'Castlevania' to be honest.

I think I might just lay off on the airsoft rifle. The phone does not charge per message. The first 150 IM's are $4 a month. and 50 extra are 99 cents. I have a phone with the Virgin Moble service and it suits me pretty well. I just need a new phone. Phone and the DS are my best bet.

Foxglove9
May 17, 2006, 09:55 PM
Rifle seems boring. The phone seems redundant. So video games it is! :D

I just realized how expensive everything is...wow... that's some birthday present, to yourself perhaps?

Lopez.T.H.
May 17, 2006, 10:10 PM
Rifle seems boring. The phone seems redundant. So video games it is! :D

I just realized how expensive everything is...wow... that's some birthday present, to yourself perhaps?

Well, about 1/4 will be paid for by my parents... So basically it is to myself.

mikeyPotg
May 17, 2006, 10:33 PM
I think I might just lay off on the airsoft rifle. The phone does not charge per message. The first 150 IM's are $4 a month. and 50 extra are 99 cents. I have a phone with the Virgin Moble service and it suits me pretty well. I just need a new phone. Phone and the DS are my best bet.

I never really liked the idea of "pay-per-minute/im/etc", but maybe thats just cuz Im not responsible enough. I would think that 150+ im's would go by in an instant. I think I do over 150 im's a day, easily if that includes sent and received. I'm a fan of normal plans and phones, personally.

iShane
May 17, 2006, 10:38 PM
I would go for the DS Lite. But with different games. I find the Sims kind of addicting.

evilgEEk
May 17, 2006, 10:50 PM
I'd definitely go with the DS, but perhaps with Mario Kart and one of the other games? I think it would be better to have a game with more replayability. If you really like Animal Crossing then go for it, but Mario Kart is really fun, and you can do multi-player mode which is really fun too. :)

Bubbasteve
May 18, 2006, 12:12 AM
No doubt about it, DS Lite w/ games.

Mike Teezie
May 18, 2006, 12:12 AM
Get the DS, no question.

Forgive me ignorance, but what does one do with an Airsoft Rifle?

Otto Rehhagel
May 18, 2006, 12:21 AM
Get the DS. Then get Brain Age. It makes you smarter so in the future, you don't ask questions like this again. :p

mouchoir
May 18, 2006, 05:14 AM
DS lite with mariokart... well, I'd love that :)

MacRumorUser
May 18, 2006, 05:39 AM
Or you could take your money and invest it into somthing you'll never forget..... like picking up a hooker and losing your cherry :p :p

But then if you want somthing that will last more tha 15 seconds, i'd go with the DS :D :D :D

After G
May 18, 2006, 06:13 AM
Personal opinion:

Airsoft is ... well ... shooting air guns isn't all that great to me. Or any gun for that matter.
The switch_back doesn't look that great. T-Mo Sidekick clone in my opinion.

DS Lite + 2 games is what you should go for.

Dagless
May 18, 2006, 06:33 AM
Wow, you guys have Virgin Mobile in america! Richard Branson sure gets around a bit.

Right. Go for the DS. The phone is foul. The gun? No. DS? Would be my choice. I would recommend Animal Crossing as a good starter game, it's not hard at all (theres no difficulty) just a nice enjoyable game to kick start your system with. Mario is supposedly easy too. Another good first game to buy.

When you want harder games try Advance Wars and Nanostray.

cubist
May 18, 2006, 08:13 AM
Hey, get the DS Lite and Opera, then use the web to send your IMs. Hopefully someone will come out with a VOIP card for the DS soon. Who needs a phone?

sam10685
May 18, 2006, 12:22 PM
DS Lite 'fo 'sho... There's AWESOME games out... there's even more AWESOME games coming out. (i'd also tend to think it'd be a good plan to start saving for a Nintendo Wii.)

Hey, get the DS Lite and Opera, then use the web to send your IMs. Hopefully someone will come out with a VOIP card for the DS soon. Who needs a phone?

yeah. i didn't relize this but a DS Lite can do almost everything a phone can. ...and then some, er-- a lot. get the DS.

2nyRiggz
May 18, 2006, 12:26 PM
Do you need the phone? is it really needed?
Do you really need a DS lite? or would you rather talk to your friends(girls) on the phone?..

Get a pre-paid phone and get the DS lite.

Bless

Lopez.T.H.
May 18, 2006, 03:16 PM
Well. The phone would be nice, I really dont like staying at my computer to send/recieve IM's becasue I mainly play games. The DS Lite is on the top. I have a character in my friend's Animal Crossing game and I find it pretty fun. I would get that New SMB and Advanced Wars. I have the first 2 on GBA and I love them. 2nyRiggz, Im gonna go with your suggestion.