PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars on new MacBook

spiff101
May 18, 2006, 04:36 AM
Has anyone played Guild Wars on the new MacBook via BootCamp yet? I've heard so much opinion 'it'll suck'/'it'll be ok'/'it'll be good' but nothing from anyone who's actually sat down and had it running...

spiff

Sdashiki
May 18, 2006, 10:04 AM
then go try it yourself?

srobert
May 18, 2006, 10:08 AM
then go try it yourself?

I think he means he might not want to spend hundreds of dollars for Windows and the game only to find out that the performance is sub-par. ;)

P.S.: Chrono Trigger's Robo rules!

spiff101
May 18, 2006, 10:18 AM
I think he means he might not want to spend hundreds of dollars for Windows and the game only to find out that the performance is sub-par. ;)

- exactly. not out to diss people who are posting their opinions, just want to hear something about how it actually performs.

spiff

Sdashiki
May 18, 2006, 10:18 AM
Thanks.

and I think the correct name was RY-66!

Anyway, of course dont go out and buy stuff you might not want, but to think that NO ONE you know has a copy of windows for you to "try"....really?

You CAN install the same copy of windows on two machines, just turn one off while you use the other one.

DougTheImpaler
May 18, 2006, 10:34 AM
Dude, GuildWars runs well on an Athlon XP and a Radeon 9600, there's no reason to expect BootCamp and Windows would have a problem on a machine where both cores are faster than my single core and the video card is better than mine.

mrgreen4242
May 18, 2006, 12:18 PM
Dude, GuildWars runs well on an Athlon XP and a Radeon 9600, there's no reason to expect BootCamp and Windows would have a problem on a machine where both cores are faster than my single core and the video card is better than mine.

Radeon 9600 > GMA950. If there was a mathmatical symbol for much, much, much better, I'd use that. I'll make one up...

Radeon 9600 >>>>>>>>>>> GMA950.

Hell, Radeon 9200 > GMA950. :/

EDIT: To illustrate, goto http://barefeats.com/mincd.html, look at the UT2k4 benchmarks for the Intel mini vs. PPC mini. (9200vsGMA950).