PDA

View Full Version : New iPods anytime soon?

DTphonehome
May 18, 2006, 11:21 AM
Anyone have any thoughts on when a new iPod (of any flavor) is due? I need to replace my 30 gig 3G, which conveniently died while on vacation. I'm going to wait until a new 'Pod is out, and then pick up a Macbook too when the summer iPod promotion (which has happened for the lst 2-3 years) comes up again. If it does, that is.
Any thoughts would be welcome!

--DT

backupdrummer
May 18, 2006, 11:26 AM
No one knows, but I think it would be safe to say by the end of summer a new iPOd will be out. Apple has been pretty consistent with launching new iPOds in The late summer early fall so that a good buzz is going when christmas comes around.

j2r110
May 19, 2006, 11:24 AM
No one knows, but I think it would be safe to say by the end of summer a new iPOd will be out. Apple has been pretty consistent with launching new iPOds in The late summer early fall so that a good buzz is going when christmas comes around.

i agree. the business is booms by christmas...

ipedro
May 21, 2006, 04:13 AM
I just sold my 4G iPod 40GB monochromatic for $300 bucks ... good catch huh?

My 4G iPod died on me and Apple surprisingly gave me another brand new 4G to replace it. They still have those things laying around!

Somebody bought it off me for $300. Great, I got the money, but should I go out and buy a video iPod for twice that price or wait until the end of the summer for a new iPod that's sure to come?

I dunno about spending an entire summer without my music :(

What month do iPods usually see a refreshment in their lineup? Is it September?

monke
May 21, 2006, 10:47 AM
What month do iPods usually see a refreshment in their lineup? Is it September?

Take a look at the Buyers Guides: Here (http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/)

technicolor
May 21, 2006, 11:20 AM
just buy a referb mini for 149 bucks, to hold u over

ipedro
May 21, 2006, 10:20 PM
Thanks guys... I'm considering getting a Nano as my main music player.

We all know that Apple has some sort of video iPod in the making with possible input capabilities (if it is indeed touch screen).

I see the iPod becoming more and more a mirror of your computer at home so I would be ok with having a Nano (for music) in addition to an iPod (for pictures, video, calendar, address book, music).

Problem is... it is likely the Nano's will also see an upgrade to a higher capacity real soon.

Caitlyn
May 22, 2006, 07:02 PM
I'm hoping we see new iPods by late June/the first week of July, as I plan on getting a 30GB Video or it's equivalent for my birthday July 4th.

ipedro
May 22, 2006, 07:30 PM
Is there a precedent for iPods being released at the end of June?

That would be great news for me as I've decided to wait for the next generation. I'll be iPodless for the summer if nothing new shows up in the coming month. :(

iJawn108
May 22, 2006, 08:23 PM
buy a shuffle for now. i just got one and it's great for me.

Philberttheduck
May 22, 2006, 10:36 PM
go to your nearest costco and grab a 60gig video. then return it (hate taking advantage of these guys!!) when the new one comes out.