PDA

View Full Version : pre-order?

sam10685
May 18, 2006, 12:33 PM
i am just itching for a Wii. does anyone know when it'll be able to be pre-ordered?

white89gt
May 18, 2006, 12:35 PM
I called EB games a few days ago asking the exact same question. They told me that as soon as they knew the release date and the price they'd start taking pre-orders. Until then I think we're all S.O.L.

Pistol Pete
May 18, 2006, 01:14 PM
I called EB games a few days ago asking the exact same question. They told me that as soon as they knew the release date and the price they'd start taking pre-orders. Until then I think we're all S.O.L.

at my local gameshop you can already pre-order it haha....

(the store is called Gamecrazy, its a branch off of hollywood video rentals..)

sam10685
May 18, 2006, 04:08 PM

are you serious?!i have a Gamecrazy/Hollywood video accross the street from my house... i guess i should go check things out... (((*feels like dumb-ass*)))

Dagless
May 18, 2006, 04:55 PM
I dunno about the Wii but my local Gamestation have started taking preorders for the PS3. When I was looking for a PSP I asked "how many have you had so far" "none" :D I think the big bold 430 sign outside sorta turned them away.

Then again preordering this far in advance is a little mad. Unless it's a machine that is going to sell out.

ManchesterTrix
May 18, 2006, 05:22 PM
I dunno about the Wii but my local Gamestation have started taking preorders for the PS3. When I was looking for a PSP I asked "how many have you had so far" "none" :D I think the big bold 430 sign outside sorta turned them away.

Interesting, a lot of the stores around here are putting off on preorders until closer to release to prevent a similar fiasco that they had with the 360

sam10685
May 18, 2006, 08:02 PM

Then again preordering this far in advance is a little mad. Unless it's a machine that is going to sell out.

HAH! no pre-orders for the PS3 yet... hilarious! and yes, the Wii is going to sell out rather quickly so i'm going to go see if i can pre-order it now.

sam10685
May 18, 2006, 08:04 PM
Interesting, a lot of the stores around here are putting off on preorders until closer to release to prevent a similar fiasco that they had with the 360

how would that prevent a 360 fiasco? it's no where near the holidays yet.

ManchesterTrix
May 18, 2006, 08:06 PM
how would that prevent a 360 fiasco? it's no where near the holidays yet.

Because as it gets closer to release, they'll be able to find out how many units they are actually getting so they won't accept more pre-orders than units they'll receive.

Dagless
May 18, 2006, 08:13 PM
HAH! no pre-orders for the PS3 yet... hilarious! and yes, the Wii is going to sell out rather quickly so i'm going to go see if i can pre-order it now.

I dunno, I think it's more a "too early" situation. and it's still 430. closer to the launch date we'll see more pre-orders.

2nyRiggz
May 18, 2006, 08:31 PM
I'm more excited about the DS lite than the wii....damn come on june 11th...im not suppose to buy anymore games but damn it i cant help it.

Bless

Bsresponsive1
May 18, 2006, 08:52 PM
I'm more excited about the DS lite than the wii....damn come on june 11th...im not suppose to buy anymore games but damn it i cant help it.

Bless

me too!

dslite is going to rule

MattQiu
May 18, 2006, 09:13 PM
anyone here know when will DS Lite be released in UK?

sam10685
May 18, 2006, 10:34 PM
me too!

dslite is going to rule

no offense, but how could u be more excited about the lite than the wii? yeah, i'm excited about the lite too, but you know the capabilities, u know how it plays, u've played the games before... (if u have a DS)

Tommyg117
May 19, 2006, 12:03 AM
The guy at my EB said that preorders probably weren't going to be taken because of the debacle that hapened with 360. I don't know what that means, or if I should believe him. But if I don't get a Wii on launch day i'm gonna be a VERY peeved individual

cycocelica
May 19, 2006, 12:10 AM
All I know is I will be pre-ordering both the PS3 and Wii and turning around instantly and selling them for much more than I bought them.

Dagless
May 19, 2006, 06:14 AM
All I know is I will be pre-ordering both the PS3 and Wii and turning around instantly and selling them for much more than I bought them.

That depends if either are sold out. The UK has only had the PSP and 360 to become out of stock, and they were released in the UK in a limited batch. No problems with GC, Xbox or PS2.

jdechko
May 19, 2006, 09:41 AM
...if I don't get a Wii on launch day i'm gonna be a VERY peeved individual

Ditto. I'm gonna try my darndest to be there on launch day and pick one up. I'm fairly confident that I'll be able to get one, but I'll be pissed if I don't.

Haoshiro
May 19, 2006, 10:14 AM
I plan to pre-order 3 or 4... I have nephews that will LOVE this! (plus one for my wife and I).

cycocelica
May 19, 2006, 11:08 AM
That depends if either are sold out. The UK has only had the PSP and 360 to become out of stock, and they were released in the UK in a limited batch. No problems with GC, Xbox or PS2.
True but it is a risk I am willing to take.

sam10685
May 19, 2006, 11:31 AM
Because as it gets closer to release, they'll be able to find out how many units they are actually getting so they won't accept more pre-orders than units they'll receive.

what if Nintendo does to the Wii what Sega did with the Sega Saturn? (says nothing about a release date then comes out and launches it on some random day?)

crachoar
May 19, 2006, 07:54 PM

And they have the worst return policy - ever!

Kirbdog
May 21, 2006, 02:21 PM
I pre ordered at toys'r'us they garenteed the first 25 systems(me and my brother are in the first 15). 50 down and you have to get 2 games on launch day and a controller. I was going to get that anyway. We know that the price will be good from Nintendo so I am not concerned about that.
I must have Mario Galaxy and I'll decide on other titles closer to launch day.

sam10685
May 21, 2006, 02:26 PM
i can't stand this... the hollywood video accross the street from my house wont take pre-orders yet. u guy are lucky. i need this to relieve some of my anxiety.

edit: i mean gamecrazy.

sam10685
May 21, 2006, 02:33 PM

thire are so things i could say to u right now but i won't beause it just wouldn't be cool at all...

bobber205
May 21, 2006, 03:22 PM
thire are so things i could say to u right now but i won't beause it just wouldn't be cool at all...
Yeah. It may be sneaky, but it's a quick to way to make some money, that's for sure.

I'm not going to do it. I do want the Wii the day it comes out. I don't want to see my precious set right away.

But some people can wait. Having hundreds of dollars of profits from the sell while you're waiting can't be too bad. ;)

cycocelica
May 21, 2006, 03:45 PM
What is so wrong with doing this?

Dagless
May 21, 2006, 04:52 PM

Console scalping? Well there are people out there who really wanted a 360 and having to pay over the odds because someone got there quicker or pushed their way to the front.
I know it's not the right image for the situation. but I could imagine a parent taking their excited child to the shop to buy a new console on launch day as a birthday present. Then they've all sold out, the kids crying. half of the initial stock went to scalpers now making a profit on eBay.

Personally, I think it's greedy. But good business. Which doesn't mean that it IS a good thing in general.

Oblivious
May 21, 2006, 05:49 PM
I went over to EBgames yesterday to buy NSMB, and while I was there I asked when I would be able to preorder a Wii. They said that I would be able to do so next month.

0s and 1s
May 21, 2006, 08:39 PM
Well, my greedy self sold a 360 for $2700 a day after the release. Considering my "luck" with Paypal, I was happy to get the funds cleared without any problem.

sam10685
May 22, 2006, 01:15 AM

do u really not know?

mypoorfriendme
May 22, 2006, 01:56 AM
dont want to wait for a wii?

no problem! all you have to do is go to the local mall and find the kiosk selling "as seen on tv" little game systems that come with wireless paddles so you can actually swing the paddle in the tennis game you are playing. AND these are only like 30 bucks! the only drawback is that the graphics are likely that of nintendo 64 whereas the wii is sporting gamecube graphics

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 05:52 AM
....whereas the wii is sporting gamecube graphics

:rolleyes:

sam10685
May 22, 2006, 06:38 PM

like scalping tickets... however, it should be illegal but it's kinda hard to catch someone on the 'net unless ur extremely un-bright; it's an incredibly greedy thing to do; it's also incredibly rude... "mommy, all i want for christmas is a new video game set." "oh i'm sorry billy. they're all sold out and are for sale on the internet for thousands of dollars and i can't afford it."

Pistol Pete
May 24, 2006, 05:41 AM
i just preordered mine today....whew...

cant wait...i didnt preorder any games though will probably do when dates/prices are announced.

Pistol Pete
May 24, 2006, 05:44 AM

get this .....

so yah i preordered the way and asked about the psucky3 and they are already booked and full and are no longer taking preorders...

WOWSERS!

(than the gamestop employee trash talked the ps3 for a half hour haha)

Pistol Pete
May 24, 2006, 05:45 AM
dont want to wait for a wii?

no problem! all you have to do is go to the local mall and find the kiosk selling "as seen on tv" little game systems that come with wireless paddles so you can actually swing the paddle in the tennis game you are playing. AND these are only like 30 bucks! the only drawback is that the graphics are likely that of nintendo 64 whereas the wii is sporting gamecube graphics

lol .....at least its more of resident evil 4 graphics haha

Dagless
May 24, 2006, 05:48 AM
I'm guessing So Cal is in america right? Remember in the UK the PS3 is 430 = $793

Think I might pop round and ask if they have any preoders now. It's been about a week. But seriously. there is a HUGE sign saying "Preorder the PS3! Only 430 on launch day!"

:D :D :D

sam10685
May 24, 2006, 06:18 AM
i'm in oregon and u can't pre-order the Wii yet... :mad: