PDA

View Full Version : quick, recommend me a second X360 game

DougTheImpaler
May 18, 2006, 12:35 PM
Buying my Xbox 360 in about 4 hours. I'm getting Project Gotham 3 for sure. I need one other gotta-play-it game. Help!

rjgonzales
May 18, 2006, 12:39 PM
I really enjoyed Call of Duty 2 and Tomb Raider: Legend. I bought Oblivian but returned it. with a 7 month old at home, I don't have the kind of time an RPG calls for.

pdpfilms
May 18, 2006, 12:48 PM
Call of Duty 2, undoubtedly. By far the best game yet for the 360.

DougTheImpaler
May 18, 2006, 12:53 PM
odd question: has anyone played Ampd3? I really liked the second one...just noticed they made a sequel for the 360

Pistol Pete
May 18, 2006, 12:54 PM
arnt we forgetting graw? (ghost recon advanced warrior) thats probably the best game by far on the 360 imo, personally i love shooters and graw matches up pretty well against cod2.

saunders45
May 18, 2006, 12:56 PM
Amped 3 is kinda meh. Just dowload the demo and give it a whirl.

pdpfilms
May 18, 2006, 01:04 PM
arnt we forgetting graw? (ghost recon advanced warrior) thats probably the best game by far on the 360 imo, personally i love shooters and graw matches up pretty well against cod2.
GRAW is one of the best titles, and is arguably better than CoD2. However, the multiplayer of C0D2 far exceeds GRAW, and for that I like CoD2 more all-around.

DougTheImpaler
May 18, 2006, 01:14 PM
Amped 3 is kinda meh. Just dowload the demo and give it a whirl.
Downloadable demos are definitely something I'm looking forward to.

Guess I should ahve stated I'm not into FPS, really, so I'm kinda leary of CoD2 or GRAW, though they got excellent reviews and people here seem to enjoy them.

XNine
May 18, 2006, 01:18 PM
IF you like fighting, DOA 4 is the best fighting game to date on any platform. Sleek, stylish, and hard as hell.

GRAW is a great game but the multiplayer can be a pain in the ass.

COD2 is great but not enough MP support online, though the recent maps are great additions.

Those three above are the best yet. The Demo of Tomb Raider actaully pleased me for the first time since the original Tomb Raider game. Nice touches to it...

clayj
May 18, 2006, 01:37 PM
GRAW is the best FPS available on the 360 right now... yes, CoD2 is awesome, too, but GRAW is more fun (read: less excruciating).

giganten
May 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
Burnout revenge is very fun..

Electro Funk
May 18, 2006, 01:52 PM

yes it is...

there is a new boxing game out as well ... cant remember the name....

graffix are AMAZING and its a lot of fun...

rjgonzales
May 18, 2006, 02:28 PM
Guess I should ahve stated I'm not into FPS, really, so I'm kinda leary of CoD2 or GRAW, though they got excellent reviews and people here seem to enjoy them.

Before I played CoD2, I had no interest or patience for FPS....... including the almighty Halo series. It definitly has me rethinking the genre.:cool:

2nyRiggz
May 18, 2006, 03:49 PM
Tomb Raider....if you like adventure type games..its lovelyful.

Bless

Mord
May 18, 2006, 06:25 PM
rpg: oblivion

fps: cod2

live game: pdz

sports: fight night 3.

millar876
May 18, 2006, 07:23 PM
i second burnout revenge, far better than PGR3 in my opinion, graphics smoother, no frame drops, sure the cars arnt real, but who wants real cars when you can cause a 60 odd car pile up and win a new car and a gold medal for doing it

Tomb raider Legends is another good one. High def Lara... ...Hmmmmmmmmm! and the level with the coctail dress ooh, if only she were real?

i need to get out more, realy!

thechris69
May 18, 2006, 07:27 PM
FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 3, ridiculous graphics and so fun.

wish the career mode had the player a bit more involved, but get this game

Bubbasteve
May 18, 2006, 09:43 PM
The only game I play for my 360 is Fight Night Round 3 (I returned PDZ, Oblivion, and G.R.A.W -- I beat PDZ and could never get into Oblivion or G.R.A.W.)

Call of Duty is another good game that I would recommend you to try out. I'm waiting for NCAA Football 2007 and the new Madden Football game (NCAA is released in July I believe and Madden is released in August -- I think)

Counterfit
May 18, 2006, 11:13 PM
I'm not sure if the controls changed much from the demo, or if there's a sensitivity setting, but I thought CoD2 didn't work so well with a control stick for looking around. Too bad there's no keyboard/mouse adapter out yet. I'm sure it will come in time.

EvilDoc
May 18, 2006, 11:19 PM
Oblivion its an awesome game!

cycocelica
May 19, 2006, 12:11 AM
Call of Duty 2

sam10685
May 19, 2006, 06:38 AM

that game BETTER come out on the Wii or else i will be PISSED.

DougTheImpaler
May 19, 2006, 07:27 AM
OK, so I ended up with DOA4. I really like it...I spent more time with PGR3 than it, but I unlocked 3 endings last night - Hitomi, Bass, and Zach. Pretty sweet game...I missed DOA3 completely, so it's quite different than DOA2.

PGR3 is exactly what I expected...I loved the series since it was Metropolis Street Racer on the Dreamcast. It's just my style, so to speak. ;)

I already have Burnout Revenge on the PS2, so I didn't want to buy the same game twice.

So anyway, three cheers for downloadable demos! I got COD2 demo downloaded over dinner, and it's OK. It's FPS and I died alot very quickly trying to figure out how to kill the guys on the machine guns. Graphics are pretty though. Also downloaded the Amped3 demo overnight, haven't played it yet though since I had to be at work at 7:00 this morning. I'll check into it tonight.

Another three cheers for downloadable content! PGR3 has a bunch of cars and other stuff to download. Once I get into the game, there's no way I should get bored any time soon. Also the amount of add-on content for Oblivion looks like quite a bit, and if I were to get the game I'd probably lose nights of sleep over it. LOL

My wife saw Xbox Arcade and instantly wanted Marble Blast Ultra and Bejeweled2. Gotta get a card with 1600 points. Bah.

sam10685, by the time the Wii is released, the game will be 14 months old. By then it'll be time for a new Burnout.

MacRumorUser
May 19, 2006, 07:55 AM
Congrats. DOA4 is awesome and very very very hard :( Play it online and prepare to be annihilated repeatedly :D

GRAW is a great game. I prefer is multiplayer to COD2, though the new maps they released for it are great too.

Theres plenty of really good games on the 360 now, just depends on taste, I think the lineup overall is far stronger at this stage of it's lifecycle than any other console released at the same stage 6months on...

DougTheImpaler
May 19, 2006, 07:58 AM
Congrats. DOA4 is awesome and very very very hard :(
Holy crap you aren't kidding. I'm playing on "normal" and I'd say I couldn't make it through half the fights I played last night on the first try...more like 1/3 of them at best. But it's gorgeous and fluid...my timing is just way off on counterthrows.

MacRumorUser
May 19, 2006, 08:00 AM
Holy crap you aren't kidding. I'm playing on "normal" and I'd say I couldn't make it through half the fights I played last night on the first try...more like 1/3 of them at best. But it's gorgeous and fluid...my timing is just way off on counterthrows.

LOL! Hardest beat em up ever. Online your best bet is to pick 1 character and really learn them, being a good alround players counts for nothing against these UBER MURDERERS online... They are that good... :D :D

I'm utter crap at countering too :)

Haoshiro
May 19, 2006, 09:56 AM
LOL! Hardest beat em up ever. Online your best bet is to pick 1 character and really learn them, being a good alround players counts for nothing against these UBER MURDERERS online... They are that good... :D :D

I'm utter crap at countering too :)

Haha, if you can't counter then you have NO chance! I was an unbeatable force in DOA2 and 3... DOA4 is being shipped to me in a couple weeks. I just know I am going to suck it up so badly because I am so out of practice. Used to play the others non-stop.

crachoar
May 19, 2006, 07:31 PM
Anybody that suggests you actually spend money on 'Perfect Dark Zero' is your worst enemy.

With that said, give GRAW a try. It's still an amazing game. Also, the majority of it is actually third person.

Download the demo.

MacRumorUser
May 20, 2006, 03:55 AM
Anybody that suggests you actually spend money on 'Perfect Dark Zero' is your worst enemy.

With that said, give GRAW a try. It's still an amazing game. Also, the majority of it is actually third person.

Download the demo.

PD0 has some really entertaining online multiplayer maps though and matches like infection are class...

Granted single player is bland, but loving the multiplayer months on. New maps please though..

Better than BF2 online..

But if you have the choice, get GRAW and pick up PD0 second hand... Should be plenty of bargains of this going on now :)

Mord
May 20, 2006, 04:34 AM
pdz is a personal choice, if you have no friends dont have xbox live it's a crap game.

if you have friends to play co-op with and you play on xbox live allot it's currently the best xbox live game available, the controls get a little getting used to but once your used to them they feel right and if you go play another fps game it seems a heck of allot easier than it was before.