Bomberman
Nintendogs
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Mario Kart DS
Animal Crossing DS
Tony Hawks American Skateland
Metroid Prime Hunters
Mario Bros DS - coming soon

I was thinking Sonic perhaps, or maybe finally get Castlevania? I hear Resident Evil DS is rather spiffing what.
Shoot me some ideas! I'm heading off in a couple of hours. :)

MacRumorUser
May 19, 2006, 07:24 AM
mmm. Is brainage out in UK yet. I love mine....

Sonic is class on the DS, best sonic since the megadrive originals.

Castlevania is decent, but I didnt think it was as utterly fantastic as everyone said.

Just got Metroid Hunters. I cant get used to the control scheme at all :( It's really pissin me off to be honest. I love metroid, but i'm all fingers, thumbs and stylus with this :o

Still havent had shipping confirmation from DVDboxoffice mate, getting a bit tetchy... But at least my macbook has shipped :D

Kimi
May 19, 2006, 08:24 AM
Tetris DS.

mrgreen4242
May 19, 2006, 08:50 AM
mmm. Is brainage out in UK yet. I love mine....

Sonic is class on the DS, best sonic since the megadrive originals.

Castlevania is decent, but I didnt think it was as utterly fantastic as everyone said.

Just got Metroid Hunters. I cant get used to the control scheme at all :( It's really pissin me off to be honest. I love metroid, but i'm all fingers, thumbs and stylus with this :o

Still havent had shipping confirmation from DVDboxoffice mate, getting a bit tetchy... But at least my macbook has shipped :D

Give it some time with Metroid. I've discovered that it's actually one of the best FPS control schemes yet, it just takes some time to get used to. It kind of cramps my hands a bit, with the small stylus, so I've been meaning to pick up a larger, small pen sized, one.

Oh, and get Mario and Luigi Partners in Time (or even the GBA Superstar Sage, if you haven't played it yet... or both!).

MacRumorUser
May 19, 2006, 08:52 AM
Give it some time with Metroid. I've discovered that it's actually one of the best FPS control schemes yet, it just takes some time to get used to. It kind of cramps my hands a bit, with the small stylus, so I've been meaning to pick up a larger, small pen sized, one.

Oh, and get Mario and Luigi Partners in Time (or even the GBA Superstar Sage, if you haven't played it yet... or both!).

Yep mario's on order, and have lugi partners in time. It's a class game...

hope your right about metroid, I just jumped straight into a wifi game and of course ended up spending most of the time sinking in lava or staring a wall..... I'm not going to give up on it after spending good money on it that easily..

So jimmi, what did you get???

Dagless
May 19, 2006, 08:57 AM
None yet :) my system is near-on destroyed http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2428714
gonna fix this then head off. Sonic is taking my fancy. especially if its comparable to the Mega Drive games. would compliment Mario DS well.

Which got despatched last night :) how long do DVDBoxThingy take to deliver? I want this now dammit

MacRumorUser
May 19, 2006, 09:01 AM
None yet :) my system is near-on destroyed http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2428714
gonna fix this then head off. Sonic is taking my fancy. especially if its comparable to the Mega Drive games. would compliment Mario DS well.

Which got despatched last night :) how long do DVDBoxThingy take to deliver? I want this now dammit

THATS NOT FAIR!!!!! Mine hasnt shipped and I pre-ordered long before you :(
Just not fair at all :p :p :p :p :p

Anywhere between 5-10 days I'd guess for delivery anyway :) :)

Good luck fixing that, a system restore might be in order....

Dagless
May 19, 2006, 09:11 AM
I'm actually thinking about buying a second hand GB Micro instead. 40 they cost, a cut down from the 69 original. I know I'll end up with a Micro at some point. I might even get that PSP I mentioned before.

Or silly Jimmy could just wait and buy a Wii with a bucket load of launch titles.

turbopants
May 19, 2006, 10:47 AM
Another vote for Tetris DS. Very fun and addicting game. Go grab New Super Mario Bros as well. Quick and really fun game. You have a very good collection already! :D

Dagless
May 19, 2006, 11:40 AM
Short answer- I didn't buy anything :o I was looking at Sonic and just thinking "I'd love this but I probably wouldn't like it". Tetris was 30, no thanks. I love Tetris and damn want it but 30 really is too much for such a game. So I shuffled over to the PSP section again. Monster Freedom something looked good. Didn't buy. Still can't justify that 160 on a mediocre system. No Street Fighter too :mad:

I've come to a nice little decision. I'm going to buy a little PC. about 300, enough to run Doom 3, HL2 etc. Shuttle thing so it's small.
Could just buy an Intel Mac though. :o

MacRumorUser
May 19, 2006, 12:39 PM
I've come to a nice little decision. I'm going to buy a little PC. about 300, enough to run Doom 3, HL2 etc. Shuttle thing so it's small.
Could just buy an Intel Mac though. :o

LOL! You'd be spending more than your 300 though on an iMac.

mechamac
May 19, 2006, 12:41 PM
Resident Evil: DS gets my vote. Lotsa fun, if you fall for those old RE charms.

I'm glad to see there are people who have more DS games than I do.

crachoar
May 19, 2006, 07:51 PM
'Resident Evil' is pretty awful. Same as the PSX version, only, now it has 'scripted first-person knife scenes' - which are completely lame.

Same terrible control. Same terrible acting. Nearly impossible to enjoy after playing 'RE:4'.

'New Super Mario Bros.' was kinda meh. It looks nice, and the wall-jumping stuff is cool - but Mario has too much momentum, which makes control a bit difficult. I was able to put it down without feeling the need to continue within twenty minutes.

Graphically, it's pretty cool. Not 'Yoshi's Island' cool - but it's pleasing.

Definitely a rental, not sure about buying it. I think 'Super Mario World' was a much better game.

'Tetris'? Meh. It's 'Tetris', but without all the cool music you remember from your childhood. I'm a big fan of the series, and this game just didn't appeal to me all that much. It's a little too 'Nintendo', if you know what I mean...

Nintendo songs from old Nintendo games, game modes based on other Nintendo games, etc. I just want the original game, reworked and touched up a little bit. Sue me.

'Castlevania: DoS' was the reason I bought the DS in the first place, and I'm still pleased with it (minus the terrible 'anime' character design). I'd say, this game is practically perfection, minus the gimmick touch-screen nonsense (which is, thankfully, only used once or twice).

Moshiiii
May 20, 2006, 05:20 PM
I'll sell you Resident Evil Deadly Silent, if you are interested. I keep my DS games in perfect condition.

Kirbdog
May 21, 2006, 02:14 PM
The New Super Mario bros.