PDA

View Full Version : wow pets for childrens week

bokdol
May 19, 2006, 08:12 AM
ok so i finished the childrens week quest.. so now i want to know what is the best pet to choose from. the rat, the pig, or the turtle. so if anyone has any opinions please put them up.. thanks:D

MacRumorUser
May 19, 2006, 08:17 AM
ok so i finished the childrens week quest.. so now i want to know what is the best pet to choose from. the rat, the pig, or the turtle. so if anyone has any opinions please put them up.. thanks:D

Go for the Turtle, they taste much better :o

bokdol
May 19, 2006, 08:52 AM
Go for the Turtle, they taste much better :o

lol

i dont know... i love me some bacon

The Red Wolf
May 19, 2006, 09:12 AM
Okay, the turtle would have been cool if it didn't go at mach 7. I don't want a rat, despite it being cool. So I chose the piggy, as invader's blood marches through my veins like atomic rubber pants. Fear the pants! The pig, belongs to all mankind! Zim, don't use the time matrix, love Zim!

Muahahahahaha!

~Rotwulf~

bokdol
May 19, 2006, 09:45 AM
i heard that the rat plays around with cats if your a hunter. but i am not so i guess it's either the pig or turtle

Veldek
May 19, 2006, 09:51 AM
When I first saw the pig, I found it so cute that I asked the owner where he got it from. As the pig was the only reason I did this quest, it was obvious that I took it. And after seeing the other pets, I think I made the right decision.

Spanky Deluxe
May 19, 2006, 09:59 AM
I chose the pig although I wish I'd taken the money now!! Its just worthless bit of inventory that basically does nothing. Once you've used it a couple of times it gets kind of old. Didn't know about the rat/hunter thing. Should have chosen a rat if anything!! Stupid pig just looks fat.

mrgreen4242
May 19, 2006, 10:46 AM
Okay, the turtle would have been cool if it didn't go at mach 7. I don't want a rat, despite it being cool. So I chose the piggy, as invader's blood marches through my veins like atomic rubber pants. Fear the pants! The pig, belongs to all mankind! Zim, don't use the time matrix, love Zim!

Muahahahahaha!

~Rotwulf~

Ahem. Someone got your joke at least. [See avatar for more information].

Abulia
May 19, 2006, 11:11 AM
They're vanity pets; there is no "best" pet.

Do we really have to min-max everything in WoW?

bokdol
May 19, 2006, 11:26 AM
i know that these pets are pretty much useless but i am writing this to see/ gauge what people think. i am teetering between the turtle and pig. what i mean by best is not function but what people like.. and i wanted other peoples opinions on that. thanks though.

ready2switch
May 19, 2006, 12:46 PM
Take the money. :D

bokdol
May 19, 2006, 12:53 PM
Take the money. :D

haha.. dont need the money

i have a crapload:D

Quantum Man
May 19, 2006, 11:05 PM
I did this with my new alt so I took the money. I didn't want to use up an extra space and spent the money on skillz. :D

Patmian212
May 20, 2006, 05:41 AM
What level are these quests?

Boggle
May 20, 2006, 06:19 AM

DOG.

Sereiously though. I wish I knew how old your kids are b/c I might have different things to say, but w/o that bit of info...

The three listed above do not qualify as pets to me b/c none of them are domesticated. i.e. meant to live w/ people. Rats & Turles do not like people. They have zero desire to be around us. In fact they are TERRIFIED of humans generally. Of the three only the pig is capable of having any meaningful interaction with a human. Piglets are cute and playful, but smell terrible, and are expensive to maintain. Pigs must live in a seperate enclosure from the house & few sub-urban Vets (even one who specializes in exotic animals) have much experience w/ them. -- if you live in a rural area the vet bit may not apply -- Lastly, there is hygene to consider. While pigs are not nearly the dirty animals most ppl think them to be, they can and do carry diseases. I don't think a pig is at all likely to get your kids emergency room sick, but probably lots of colds & sniffles.

So again, I go w/ Dog. But really, I'd talk to a Vet tech or a Vet (if possible) about a good pet for kids.

WinterMute
May 20, 2006, 07:57 AM
Mate, you missed the point, this is a game discussion, these pets are virtual...:D

Boggle
May 20, 2006, 09:38 AM
Mate, you missed the point, this is a game discussion, these pets are virtual...:D

DOH! Still more evidence that I am less intelligent than my dog.

Quantum Man
May 20, 2006, 10:42 AM
lol still funny though Boggle. :D

bokdol
May 20, 2006, 04:19 PM
What level are these quests?

they started at 10 but i think childrens week is over. i cant start it with my other character. oh well.

boggle that made my day

Spanky Deluxe
May 20, 2006, 05:01 PM
DOG.

Sereiously though. I wish I knew how old your kids are b/c I might have different things to say, but w/o that bit of info...

The three listed above do not qualify as pets to me b/c none of them are domesticated. i.e. meant to live w/ people. Rats & Turles do not like people. They have zero desire to be around us. In fact they are TERRIFIED of humans generally. Of the three only the pig is capable of having any meaningful interaction with a human. Piglets are cute and playful, but smell terrible, and are expensive to maintain. Pigs must live in a seperate enclosure from the house & few sub-urban Vets (even one who specializes in exotic animals) have much experience w/ them. -- if you live in a rural area the vet bit may not apply -- Lastly, there is hygene to consider. While pigs are not nearly the dirty animals most ppl think them to be, they can and do carry diseases. I don't think a pig is at all likely to get your kids emergency room sick, but probably lots of colds & sniffles.

So again, I go w/ Dog. But really, I'd talk to a Vet tech or a Vet (if possible) about a good pet for kids.

Hahaha, that made me laugh so so much. The fact that it was serious is simply priceless. BTW some people have been known to keep pigs as pets, in the house and they are in fact very clean animals. Seriously.