PDA

View Full Version : How to get tv shows on ipod in tv shows menu?

GOTML
May 19, 2006, 11:02 AM
okay just as the title says, is there any possibly way to get the tv shows that i have imported off of dvd's like family guy and The Office. I have to put them in a playlist currenty. I would like to just have them in the tv shows menu then categorized in seasons. I have seen this done on the internet using windows programs like itag or something. So if anyone knows of any program that will work for either 10.4 or VPC (windows xp pro) the itag program wouldn't install. im not that skilled with windows so maybe i did something wrong.

Thanks in advance,

-Wes

live4ever
May 19, 2006, 02:59 PM
I've used Lostify and Atomic Parsley to label shows before with the right tags.
http://home.comcast.net/~lowellstewart/lostify/

milo
May 19, 2006, 04:38 PM
Is there a way to do this directly in iTunes? Shouldn't there be, since you can edit all the audio tags on mp3's?

GOTML
May 19, 2006, 05:26 PM
I've used Lostify and Atomic Parsley to label shows before with the right tags.
http://home.comcast.net/~lowellstewart/lostify/
I am using Lostify right now. But when u click on persay the office, it just shows episodes.. not seasons then episodes.. what is atomic Parley do?

balamw
May 19, 2006, 05:34 PM
I am using Lostify right now. But when u click on persay the office, it just shows episodes.. not seasons then episodes.. what is atomic Parley do?
FWIW Lostify uses Atomic Parsley behind the scenes. IIRC there are two season tags one that is numeric, and one that essentially uses the "Album" tag to group the Episodes in Front Row. You should be able to set the latter one in iTunes.

B

GOTML
May 19, 2006, 09:21 PM
this program works flawlessly... I now have all my shows organized perfectly in itunes and on my ipod.. no more video playlists for me.. just movies and tv shows and music videos!!!!:D

NicP
May 21, 2006, 07:58 AM
It would be great to have lostify features in handbrake, so you can set the tags as you rip stuff from dvds!