PDA

View Full Version : C&C Generals on the MacBook (Not Pro)...?

Kidman13
May 20, 2006, 10:02 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing the Macbook in about 2 months and I know it's not a gaming laptop and all with the Intel GMA950 but I was just wondering, If it can handle Generals. This is the only game I'm really planning on playing on it.

I'm hoping that the Fast DUO COre and DDR 2 Ram can compensate for the videocard and still play the game smoothly.

Thanks In advance...

frojas
May 20, 2006, 10:18 AM
The best thing to do would be to find someone with a MacBook or a Mac Mini (which has the same video card) and ask them to download the free demo (there is also an update for the demo) from www.aspyr.com. Please note that C&C is not a Universal Binary just yet. So you'd have to run in under Rosetta. So that's a big double wammy. If someone does try out the free demo let us know how it runs.

FR

lindmar
May 21, 2006, 12:29 PM
ive played generals on my ibook 800, so it should work :-)

debroglie
May 21, 2006, 01:19 PM
Or you could just run the XP version under boot camp...

lawhuiyiu
May 21, 2006, 03:58 PM
you are not alone, i am also concerned about the performance of macbook when playing C&C zero hours at all, is it really can run under Rottlxxx?

Pancake
May 22, 2006, 02:58 PM
you are not alone, i am also concerned about the performance of macbook when playing C&C zero hours at all, is it really can run under Rottlxxx?

Rottlxxx? Sounds kinky.

I'm also interested in this issue.

AlexanderOnline
May 31, 2006, 08:05 AM
At my new macbook (1,83 ghz, 1gb ) Generals runs horrible, 800x600 low. I don't know why, my xp 2200+ with an gf4mx440se runs it much better. Mayby beceause rosetta? I haven't tried it at XP jet

General D
Jun 7, 2006, 10:29 PM
It will work on the Macbook Pro. I have it on my Powerbook G4, 1.6ghz, and it works..but it is slow. Since the Macbook is 5x faster, I doubt you'd experience any problems.
gd

crazzyeddie
Jun 7, 2006, 11:51 PM
Unlike the above post, I have heard that Generals runs like crap on even a MBP, so I doubt it would be playable on a Macbook. You can always get the PC version, which should run okay, but nothing spectacular.

keithpetey
Jun 8, 2006, 01:07 AM
x