PDA

View Full Version : Songs Disappearing

Lurk
May 20, 2006, 02:26 PM
Anyone here have any idea why some songs are disappearing from my music library? I still have the files, but I can't drag it into iTunes, I can't play it on iTunes, I can't add them to my library... nothing with iTunes. They do work in media player.

It's really annoying.. any ideas why this is happening? They worked before, now they don't.

mad jew
May 20, 2006, 06:28 PM
If you can't add them it usually either means they're the wrong format (not the case since they worked before), they're already there (have you renamed them through iTunes perhaps), or you have iTunes set to manage your song files but the location is locked/you don't have permission to write to it.

Do the files play in QuickTime? Can other song files be added to iTunes? :)

Lurk
May 21, 2006, 12:25 AM
Error -2048: the file is not a movie file

Hmm, seems the broken songs can't play in quicktime, but working ones play just fine.

Yeah, I can add other songs. In fact, I added another 100 or so songs (like 5 albums)

The songs were in iTunes before.. then I just notice they aren't there anymore and that I can't add them back to iTunes.

mad jew
May 21, 2006, 12:35 AM
Okay, so are you on a Mac or a PC? Were the songs ripped from CDs or purchased from an online store or somewhere else entirely? What file format are the songs? :)

Lurk
May 21, 2006, 02:27 PM
I'm on a PC. (yeah, this sucks)

They were ripped from CDs.

They were pretty much all mp3 and 320kbps. I believe some of the older ones were ripped in AAC.

mad jew
May 22, 2006, 01:44 AM
Sorry, but I'm not sure what to do other than re-rip them. :o