PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever be able to stream vid from Mac to X360?

Regular-John
May 21, 2006, 05:53 AM
Hey All

I'm thinking of buying an XBox 360, although games should be the ultimate decider, it's not. I'd like to be able to stream of my media from my mac to the Xbox. I know of some software that will stream music and pictures, but we ever be able to stream video as well???

Cheers

risc
May 21, 2006, 06:46 AM
Yeah when you install Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 using Boot Camp. ;)

Regular-John
May 21, 2006, 07:01 AM
I'd sooner eat my arm than installing that excuse of an operating system.

Can you store movies on a hard drive?

So Nullriver don't have any plans to incorporate streaming movies into their software?

Dagless
May 21, 2006, 07:06 AM
You should buy a modded Xbox 1. with XBMC you can stream video or store on the HDD, up to 1080i too.

Edit: wrong time frame!

Regular-John
May 21, 2006, 07:09 AM
Well, I would be getting it for the games too, plus original XBox's are massive!!

Dagless
May 21, 2006, 07:12 AM
Well, I would be getting it for the games too, plus original XBox's are massive!!

Fair point, but as you said the deciding factor was the streaming. And original Xbox's aren't that much bigger.
Just saying as you can't stream from a Mac. At least not from what I've heard. 360's don't connect like a normal network you need a PC-only app to stream files.

Regular-John
May 21, 2006, 07:15 AM
Damn Microsoft!!

I might wait for the PS3 in that case.

Cheers for your help.

greatdevourer
May 21, 2006, 07:19 AM
Probably yes. Probably about the time that WMC allows it (as yet it's not that the 360 only accepts MCE, but that only MCE can stream - Windows Media Extender)

MacRumorUser
May 21, 2006, 07:53 AM
More than likely YES. Microsoft re not going to want Sony to be the only ones offering this, so very quickly we will see a dashobard update, like the one due end of this month and that will allow it to be done.

This month we will see, downloading in background and queing of 6 items to download added to the dash...