PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy Metroid Prime 2:Echoes (GC) or Metroid Prime Hunter (DS)

mac000
May 21, 2006, 07:00 AM
I have both systems, whats more fun the GC or the DS version?

Dagless
May 21, 2006, 07:05 AM
Echoes. Without any shadow of a doubt. The multiplayer brings back memories of GoldenEye so you can still play against people.
Depends what you personally want though

Single Player- Echoes has it. It's absolutely stunning.
Multipayer- Hunters.

Both have Single and Multiplayer elements but each game does one better than the other.

Have you played Metroid Prime 1? If you haven't you should start off there.

mac000
May 21, 2006, 07:09 AM
I haven't played Prime 1 no.

I'm looking for somethign that I can jsut pick up and play and not have to get too into so I was thinking MP:Hunters but you're saying that its only good for WiFi?

Dagless
May 21, 2006, 07:15 AM
As someone who gets a bad WiFi signal I can say yes, WiFi IS the major seller in this game. unless you have a bunch of mates with Metroid locally, online is where it's at. The single player is good though. certainly fun to play through but it's no console Metroid.

I would say go for Prime 1 first. 2 is very hard, and its difficult to play Prime 1 after 2's better graphics, GUI, style etc. Or buy both and lock Prime 2 away until you've beaten 1. if you're anything like me the break between 1 and 2 was dreadful :(

MacRumorUser
May 21, 2006, 08:07 AM
Have all three.

Metroid Prime is my favourite.

Echoes is harder and just somehow not as fun - maybe the innovation from the first just felt like a re-tread.

Hunters - deady once you get used to the controls, and it has wifi multiplayer - but staring at a tiny screen for 3D action can be a little nausiating after a while.

You should be able to pick up prime 1 & 2 for less than a copy of hunters - so that's what I'd do...

2nyRiggz
May 21, 2006, 07:08 PM
MP2 is the best dude.....MP1 was great but i felt the challenge of 2 and that made it excellent.....except the damn key hunt crap.

MP:hunters for the DS single player doesnt live up to it but the multiplayer is awesome.

Always start at the begining anyway and prime 1 is great.

Bless

Dagless
May 21, 2006, 07:20 PM
If you want to play in gam-chronological order get Prime, Hunters, Prime 2 ;)

Have you played the GBA Metroids? They're very good. Infact, I don't think there has ever been a Metroid doozy. Metroid 2 perhaps?

zach
May 21, 2006, 07:23 PM
if you haven't played Prime 1, get it.. it's my favorite console (non-sports) game off all time.

not to say Echoes isn't good, but Prime is the best game i've ever played.

CubeHacker
May 21, 2006, 10:36 PM
Yeah Metroid Prime was a lot more enjoyable for me compared to Echoes. I also liked the look of MP a lot more compared to Echoes. And I dunno about you guys, but I found the first one to be far more difficult than the 2nd, especially the final boss.

Start with the first game, and then get the 2nd if you enjoy it. MP can be had for like $10 used these days, so there is really no reason not to own a copy. And the graphics still kick ass. Far better than Halo imo.

Trowaman
May 22, 2006, 12:08 AM
I have both Primes for the GC. and I must say, they are some of the best games the cube has. I would reccomend playing Metroid Prime 1, 2 has a bit of a weird learning curve with the light and dark worlds. While one lacks a multiplayer, 2's is not that good. However, I hear the Hunter's multi player is quite fun.

My recommendation: Single player get Metroid Prime 1, expand to 2 later if you like it.
Multi player, get Hunters. I'll be getting my DS June 11. :-D