PDA

View Full Version : PS3. You have to watch this.

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 03:52 AM
http://gamerfrance.verygames.net/ps3/

Funny because it's true :D :D :D

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 05:45 AM
hjahahahahahahah!!!!

hahahahahahahahhahaahhaahah
Excellent vid to wake up too. thank you.

crachoar
May 22, 2006, 07:32 AM
I think if I were twelve, I would've liked that video a lot more.

Maybe you were laughing at the price point, and not the video? If so, I can join in...

Ah-ha-ha-ha. Ah-ha-ha-ha.

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 08:22 AM
The benny hill music got me chuckling :)

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 08:53 AM
benny hill here too. and the trueness of it. all them lies and copied stuff :) bout time someone did a summary video

woxel1
May 22, 2006, 08:53 AM
Very unsubtle. Not nearly as devastating as Sony E3 2006 Press Conference in One Minute (http://youtube.com/watch?v=pJElsNaC6yQ).

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 09:08 AM
LOL!! OH how history will look back on this BALLS UP of Sony :D :D :D :D

greatdevourer
May 22, 2006, 11:31 AM
Riiiiidge Raaceerrrrr!!! :d

2nyRiggz
May 22, 2006, 11:46 AM
Ok......I feel the pain of that $600 price tag but damn looks like a lot of people want the sony console to die......or its just that fanboy thing.

Bless

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 11:57 AM
Ok......I feel the pain of that $600 price tag but damn looks like a lot of people want the sony console to die......or its just that fanboy thing.

Bless

It's not being a fanboy, after all I bought playstation, playstation 2, psp all at their launches. What it;s called is being a cheapskate :p

Hell no to paying €620. €420 I would have been first in the cue.

That €620 price tag is for Ireland which equals $785 aprox, would you be willing to spend that?

2nyRiggz
May 22, 2006, 12:09 PM
^Not you...i'm talking about all the other stuff i saw doing almost the same thing...

Now you know i wouldn't think that you are a fanboy......noooooooooooooo:)

Bless

Pistol Pete
May 22, 2006, 12:14 PM
hjahahahahahahah!!!!

hahahahahahahahhahaahhaahah
Excellent vid to wake up too. thank you.

agreed....

sam10685
May 22, 2006, 04:25 PM
THAT was absolutley hilarious! it is true... i'll be gettin' the Wii60 myself. (well, at least the Wii part. MAYBE the 60 part later just for the graphics.) (i am a graphics whore.)

sam10685
May 22, 2006, 04:30 PM
Very unsubtle. Not nearly as devastating as Sony E3 2006 Press Conference in One Minute (http://youtube.com/watch?v=pJElsNaC6yQ).

he says Ridge Racer like he thinks he's talking to little kids.

kuyu
May 22, 2006, 04:40 PM
Count me in on the Wii60 bandwagon. Since I already have a 360, for $700 I could buy....

Wii
Mario Galaxies
Zelda
The entire Mario and Zelda catalog
Bioshock (best of show @ e3)
Mass Effect
Gears of War
Huxley
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Mortal Kombat III
Street Fighter II
Contra
Paperboy
Lumines Live
Sonic

OR.....

A PS3 and RIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRR!

Sony's so screwed...:eek: :eek:

takao
May 22, 2006, 04:50 PM
i still rememeber how much my gaming pc did cost me back in 2002 (or was it 2001 ?) and ironically it's less then the ps3 (+1 game) since i could reuse keyboard mouse, case and optical drives

to quote Phil Harrison "of course you can upgrade the HDD, it's a computer after all"

Riiiiiiidge Racerrrrrrr (anybody actually still playing those ?)

pknz
May 22, 2006, 04:53 PM
As Mac users I'm sure most of you are used to paying a bit extra for good quality products.

ReanimationLP
May 22, 2006, 05:01 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raceeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 05:12 PM
As Mac users I'm sure most of you are used to paying a bit extra for good quality products.

I hope that was sarcasm. Would the crowd of people who have had PSP dead pixel problems and PS1 and 2 laser failure issues please stand up?

sam10685
May 22, 2006, 06:26 PM
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiidge Raceeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

that was the most pointless post ever.

woxel1
May 22, 2006, 06:28 PM
that was the most pointless post ever.
Don't blame him -- Blame Sony!

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 06:33 PM
Count me in on the Wii60 bandwagon. Since I already have a 360, for $700 I could buy....

<<<a lot>>>

For 379 I could buy a gaming rig I've been after for a while now. Which *at this moment in time* runs HL2 at max res (1600*1200) totally maxed out, ditto for FEAR and a few other games. At the PS3 launch it would run more. or cost less if I didn't want any more power.

Or a lot of DS and PSP loving.

Ja Di ksw
May 22, 2006, 06:38 PM
My gf and I were wondering what the hell was up with that giant crab too.

Real battles that took place, like when Japan repelled the crab men!

Jay42
May 22, 2006, 06:41 PM
I think if I were twelve, I would've liked that video a lot more.

Thank you for putting so eloquently into words what I was thinking.

Haoshiro
May 22, 2006, 06:50 PM
You know, something else that Sony may be trying to do with the high price that we haven't even realized...

Make it much less likely that people will buy both (360 and PS3)... In other words, betting that the majority will not be able to afford both and will choose PS3.

That may not be the case and if it is (even slightly) it could backfire. But it would be at least a small bit clever... "If they want a PS3, and it's expensive, they'll have to decide NOT to get a 360."

Sony liked having Nintendo as it's only competitor me thinks... ;)

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 06:52 PM
My gf and I were wondering what the hell was up with that giant crab too.

Real battles that took place, like when Japan repelled the crab men!

Yeah the build up about all the battle being based on real history and then footage of fighting a giant crab. extremly funny....:D :D :D

Ja Di ksw
May 22, 2006, 07:11 PM
I hope that was sarcasm. Would the crowd of people who have had PSP dead pixel problems and PS1 and 2 laser failure issues please stand up?

aye aye captain

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 07:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wzmf0ChL24
More the same, little less sillyness. Highlighting the same lies.

sam10685
May 22, 2006, 08:46 PM

yep... they're pretty ****ed.

bobber205
May 22, 2006, 09:04 PM
I can't wait to see how this whole thing goes down. I just hope Nintendo makes billions off the Wii.

I will be making by donation of 250 to Nintendo's "rule the world" campaign coming in 2012.

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 09:10 PM
What I like is that both Sony and MS are saying "buy a Wii and our system!"

Nintendo are going to make a ****** load of money with support like that. and vice versa, when MS said it I suddenly felt a slight desire to buy a 360.

I said it sooo long ago it wasn't funny. but I touched upon this 2nd console strategy paying off in a colossal way. I think I'm going to be proved right.

sam10685
May 22, 2006, 11:21 PM
I just hope Nintendo makes billions off the Wii.

they will.:) :cool:

MacRumorUser
May 23, 2006, 01:34 AM
I can't wait to see how this whole thing goes down. I just hope Nintendo makes billions off the Wii.

I will be making by donation of 250 to Nintendo's "rule the world" campaign coming in 2012.

During an interview Nintendo spokeswomen said that people are going to be VERY SURPRISED at the cost of the wii that they will be queing up to get one.

It's generally expected to be $199/€199/£129.

However it is entirly possible that nintendo take a little hit on price and release for $149/€149/£99 At those prices it would fall into the impulse buy purchase and would definetly sell a hell of a lot more units. Which is nintendo's biggest hurdle. getting the console in peoples hands.

If it does get released for the latter price, it would seriously clean up and the moaning about graphics etc, would dissapear in an instant.

Remember Nintendo are basically using a souped up GC so hardware costs for the GPU & CPU are probably very low, ironically the controler wiimote and nunchuck and sensor bar are proabaly just as expensive to manufacture as the main console... But it does mean Nintendo are in a great position to offer a very cheap console in comparison to its competitors.

If they can offer a 'next gen' console at a 'current gen' price then they will sell a ridiculous amount of consoles. After all they know this time round its getting hardware sold and into peoples homes, and then software will make the difference and third party support will be hopefully maintained, rather than slowly die like it did with the cube....

Willis
May 23, 2006, 02:09 AM
It's not being a fanboy, after all I bought playstation, playstation 2, psp all at their launches. What it;s called is being a cheapskate :p

Hell no to paying 620. 420 I would have been first in the cue.

That 620 price tag is for Ireland which equals $785 aprox, would you be willing to spend that?

I've read that its 499 and 599 GBP and honestly.... Im going to get one AND it will be the 599 model.

I got my PS2 4 months after its launch, and i still have it! ok, the lens is a bit screwed now, but... i can hold out a few months before buying a PS3

MacRumorUser
May 23, 2006, 02:54 AM
Your pricing is wrong, you are confusing to

There's no doubt there will be a lot of people willing to pay this price, but there will a hell of a lot more who will be put off by it.

Orlando Furioso
May 23, 2006, 03:21 AM
that was not funny in any form known to mankind.

Dagless
May 23, 2006, 04:05 AM
that was not funny in any form known to mankind.

Not even that the PS3 actually has cloned Xbox Live, attempted to make a Wii controller, all that camera stuff, all the LIES? all the BS that has finally come back to bite Sony? Is a massive steam of BS not as funny as a console name change?

bigandy
May 23, 2006, 04:18 AM
Don't blame him -- Blame Sony!

Blame Sony - You Know It's Right!

Sounds like a new tagline... in fact, i may go change my sig to that!

*edit* Oh! Look! I did! :D

mikeyredk
May 23, 2006, 04:57 AM
Check out this Cr*p i found on video google

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3310458736017513204&q=Wii

Dagless
May 23, 2006, 06:03 AM
Check out this Cr*p i found on video google

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3310458736017513204&q=Wii

It's a joke video ;) don't worry about it.

Will_reed
May 23, 2006, 07:12 AM
For 379 I could buy a gaming rig I've been after for a while now. Which *at this moment in time* runs HL2 at max res (1600*1200) totally maxed out, ditto for FEAR and a few other games. At the PS3 launch it would run more. or cost less if I didn't want any more power.

Or a lot of DS and PSP loving.

1600 x 1200 does not interest me 1920 x 1080 does. and your gaming rig won't play blue ray videos either. Besides The games on PS 3 are alot more graphicly intense than the likes of HL 2 and FEAR

Haoshiro
May 23, 2006, 07:37 AM
1600 x 1200 does not interest me 1920 x 1080 does. and your gaming rig won't play blue ray videos either. Besides The games on PS 3 are alot more graphicly intense than the likes of HL 2 and FEAR

Do you realize that there is very little difference between 1600x1200 and 1920x1080 besides aspect ratio?

1600x1200 is the same as: 1778 x 1080 (142 less horizontal pixels)
1920x1080 is the same as: 1728 x 1200 (128 more vertical pixels)

Which essentially boils down to an 8% difference, or about 1 inch... the difference is nominal.

By the time the PS3 is out people will be able to get even better PCs at a lower price. The PS3 Resistence: Fall of Man game did look nice, but I haven't seen anything top Crysis for PC. Blu-ray drives will certainly be available for PCs.

But this brings up an interesting perspective... the PS3 has now placed itself in direct competition with PCs as far as price point goes.

Even other expensive consoles of the past (3DO, etc), while expensive for their time, were not competing with a PC in terms of function or price. PCs were a lot more expensive, and had much less gaming potential as modern PCs.

takao
May 23, 2006, 07:59 AM

HL2 was released in 2004 .. by the time the PS3 is out it will be 2 years old ;)

Dagless
May 23, 2006, 08:21 AM

Wow. 100 pixels either way will fundamentally change your purchasing decisions! Well, I can top that. 1920*1081. Does that make it a better system? Of course it does. it's a whole 1 pixel HIGHER. Magic huh!

Agrees with Haoshiro. Nothing I have seen tops the Crysis 2 engine. It's unbelievable and its GOING TO GET BETTER. Unlike the PS3 that has specs finalised the PC will grow and grow and the engine will get more powerful and more optimised until it's pure perfection.

Then again graphics have no interest to me. I just want to build a system that urinates all over the PS3, without the needless BluRay drive and frankly, sickening controllers. Just so I can sit above and laugh. Oh and play WoW and Half Life 2 and anything with the Crysis 2 engine. UT2007 with keyboard and mouse? check. The ability to do more than browse the internet and run (if Sony even allow it) homebrew and freeware games. oh and make them too. if need be.

Was it Ken Kutagi thingy guy who said "It is a computer after all!" when asked about the upgradability about the core package? Well anyways. my point starts here.
Consoles were always supposed to be cheaper, limited versions of computers that allowed mid to high-end PC graphics (at the console launch) at an affordable price. To be hooked up to the TV and played. Only Sony seem to want to be a computer now. So are they still classed as a games console? Whats the difference between a PS3 and a Media Centre PC with BluRay/HD-DVD, remote, wireless controllers, HDMI etc?
What is the PS3? Because right now it's looking to be nothing more than an upgrade-limited media centre PC and costing approximately the same. and as the price of such media centre PC's drop in price the PS3 (knowing Sony) will still cost the same, probably seeing a few lackluster price drops until, low and behold. the PS4.

crachoar
May 23, 2006, 09:15 AM
he says Ridge Racer like he thinks he's talking to little kids.

You have to realize he's Japanese, and in Japan, everybody is perpetually eleven.

MacRumorUser
May 23, 2006, 10:22 AM
and your gaming rig won't play blue ray videos either.

Neither will a $/499 PS3 ;) Well not if HDCP is implemented - which excluding a few first titles, will eventually be the case period.

Sony don't deserve all this blind faith and adolation, they need to earn it for themselves. But while there's gullable saps willing to belive all the crap and fork out 600 on a console - they never will.

Mike Teezie
May 23, 2006, 10:55 AM
You have to realize he's Japanese, and in Japan, everybody is perpetually eleven.

What makes you say that?

:confused:

GFLPraxis
May 23, 2006, 11:06 AM
What makes you say that?

:confused:

Tingle is a popular character in Japan.
'nuff said.

sam10685
May 23, 2006, 09:45 PM

he's japanese? how is he japanese? his engrish sounds better than some of ours.

Ninja_Turtle
May 24, 2006, 01:02 AM
the same font?
well of course

SONY did MAKE the spider man movie

so i think they are ENTITLED to their own fonts... :p :cool:

michaelltd
May 24, 2006, 01:43 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5Ir2Pyez9Ok&search=ps3%20sony%20ridge%20racer%20kaz%20hirai%20genji%20crab%20e3%20conference%20psp%20games%20pla ystation%20massive%20damage%20Riiiiiiiiiidge%20Racerrrrr%21

:D

angelneo
May 24, 2006, 02:36 AM
Looks like a fanboy video, not funny at all.

Anyway, looks like Sony is in for a tough ride.

Dagless
May 24, 2006, 07:32 AM
the same font?
well of course

SONY did MAKE the spider man movie

so i think they are ENTITLED to their own fonts... :p :cool:

They are entitled. But it's so cheap looking. Why not stick with the old straight-looking font? Why Spiderman?
People will just look and laugh "... is that the Spiderman font?! *giggles*"

AlmightyG5
May 25, 2006, 03:51 PM
I'm sorry to say it but...if you guys have the $600, why would you not get the PS3 instead of a Wii60? With the PS3 you are getting built in next-gen video, Blu-ray. You get free online. 60gb HD. Built in wifi. Not to mention that the PS3 is a Computer.

Now if you get the Wii60, you get a Wii that is not next-gen and a 360 that has downgraded features of the PS3. You will get more with the PS3 hands down. You can pay $600 for a Mac mini and not complian, but you complain about a $600 super computer?!?! wow...

Come all you Mac/Nintendo fanboys.

AlmightyG5
May 25, 2006, 03:57 PM
Here is everything that I just tried to explain. THIS IS THE FACTS! Read it nintendo/360 fanboys:

http://ps3.qj.net/Why-The-PS3-Will-Rock/pg/49/aid/42351

(this guy held the new controller)

bobber205
May 25, 2006, 04:04 PM
Here is everything that I just tried to explain. THIS IS THE FACTS! Read it nintendo/360 fanboys:

*Laughs and laughs and laughs and laughs and laughs* :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ok. You're entitled to your opinion. But the most of us already have computers, a good percentage of them as good as the PS3. (all good enough)

I don't have hours I can devote to games. But yes, I will someday buy a PS3, if not for the exclusive games. But the Wii is my next major console purchase. I would rather get a Wii for 300 or more dollars than I would a PS3 for 200.
Seriously.

Haoshiro
May 25, 2006, 04:20 PM

So yeah, I read that and he said nothing compelling to the "PS3 Cause" that I noticed.

Realize that I am basically a "retired game collector", as in I stopped some time ago. I only say that because I tend to be pretty unbiased of the Games themselves regardless of system. Sony has let me down in the hardware and lie department plenty. Third party developers still managed some great stuff on their hardware though.

PS3 is targetting a small, tight, demographics and that is not me. Plain and simple. There will be some great games, sure. But an article from a PS3 fan running a PS3 fan site doesn't tell me anything. He seemed to like what he played of the PS3, mentions ONE of the notable 360 games and then when talking about "the rest" mentions a handful of the Least Notable games. Not even a word of Too Human, BioShock, Mass Effect, Alan Wake, Blue Dragon, and others.

He seems more excited about getting to play all his favorite franchises again then he does with making an actual worthwhile and informative news post.

All that "Extra Value" you get in a PS3 doesn't interest me or do me much good. Some people it might, like you, and that will be great for you and other like you - and those who don't already have computers. But I have a 2GHz CD iMac, XP 1.6GHz laptop PC, and a well equipped gaming PC hooked to my LCD TV Monitor. Then I also have a 360 and GameCube hooked up... PS3 offers to little for too much for me. And that really has nothing to do with his uninformative and opinionated article.

michaelltd
May 25, 2006, 04:50 PM
I'm sorry to say it but...if you guys have the $600, why would you not get the PS3 instead of a Wii60?

Because I want more of a variety of games. These things are meant for playing games, right? For a lot of us, that's what we are looking for. Extra stuff is nice and all, but not at a high price for a gaming console.

Abulia
May 25, 2006, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry to say it but...if you guys have the $600, why would you not get the PS3 instead of a Wii60?Because the PS3, sans BluRay, provides me with nothing that I don't already have on my 360. Why piss away $600 on a unit that merely duplicates the functionality of the 360 and the Wii when I can have both, for less?

If you want a PS3, more power to you but don't begrudge people for not drinking the Sony Kool-Aid.

Haoshiro
May 25, 2006, 05:05 PM
Because the PS3, sans BluRay, provides me with nothing that I don't already have on my 360. Why piss away $600 on a unit that merely duplicates the functionality of the 360 and the Wii when I can have both, for less?

If you want a PS3, more power to you but don't begrudge people for not drinking the Sony Kool-Aid.

But that Kool-Aid, that Kool-Aid I have never tasted, is SO wonderful everyone SHOULD drink it along with me! At least.... at least once it's finished being made and delivered to us all... at a price we can't afford NOT to buy!

---
BEHOLD THE POWER OF THAT LIQUIDY PLEASURE SO INTENSE AND WONDERFUL THAT YET WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SO JOYFULLY PARTAKE OF WE MUST GLEEFULLY EVANGELIZE!

Dagless
May 25, 2006, 07:59 PM
I'm sorry to say it but...if you guys have the $600, why would you not get the PS3 instead of a Wii60? With the PS3 you are getting built in next-gen video, Blu-ray. You get free online. 60gb HD. Built in wifi. Not to mention that the PS3 is a Computer.

Now if you get the Wii60, you get a Wii that is not next-gen and a 360 that has downgraded features of the PS3. You will get more with the PS3 hands down. You can pay $600 for a Mac mini and not complian, but you complain about a $600 super computer?!?! wow...

Why would I buy a Wii60 over a PS3? I think it's already been said but;

More variation in games (Wii and 360)
Cheaper games (wii)
Free online for the masses (Wii)
Established and Paid online to keep idiots out (360)
Better controller (Wii and 360, I think the PS3 is the worst looking and theoretical controller ever)
Vibration (Wii and 360)
Better games (Wii- Zelda, Metroid etc)

That's pretty much why.

So what, for 430+60 for a game I can play the same old in 4D Dual-HDMI 120fps 1080p? No thanks. :rolleyes:

I got my PSP today. I love it. It's almost as good as the PS1 to me. I'm no Sony hater, but the PS3 is just cack in theory. Even more pointless to me with it's BluRay. Thats like sticking a cucumber in an external HD case to everyone- pointless.

girlfriend said "because it sucks" lol

x86
May 26, 2006, 10:05 PM
I got my PSP today. I love it. It's almost as good as the PS1 to me. I'm no Sony hater, but the PS3 is just cack in theory. Even more pointless to me with it's BluRay. Thats like sticking a cucumber in an external HD case to everyone- pointless.

girlfriend said "because it sucks" lol

This is horribly offtopic, but I have to ask. What is up with the word "cack", I swear this is the second time I have seen this tonight...

Anyway, I have to agree. I'm not anti-Sony by any means (I love my Sony HD TV), but the PS3 graphics are not much better (if at all) than the 360's and no one knows if BlueRay is actually going to take off. Not to mention the controller is absolutely ridiculous. They seriously could have come up with something better than rehashing the same old crap.

MacRumorUser
May 27, 2006, 05:18 AM
CACK is a uk slang term meaning ***** / rubbish / useless

"She had a face like an old mans cacked pants."
"So scary I cacked myself"
"What a load of cack"

Xander
May 27, 2006, 05:27 AM
-.-"
I am going to slap you...

Dagless
May 27, 2006, 10:45 AM
I dunno though. it might turn out to be good, just like the Xbox and PSP. come into it's own like. But they have some intense competition that isn't going to lay down like before. Nintendo are jumping in all guns blazing, since Reggie and all that managerial reshuffle they have released the DS and have the world on tenterhooks over the Wii.

Sony will sell. just not like before. Folk want their Wii60! seemingly.

x86
May 27, 2006, 12:22 PM
CACK is a uk slang term meaning ***** / rubbish / useless

"She had a face like an old mans cacked pants."
"So scary I cacked myself"
"What a load of cack"

Thanks for the lesson in UK slang. Maybe I should start saying it here in the U.S., it may take off... ;)

jsnyd05
May 27, 2006, 01:23 PM
I love reading these posts everyday and i never created a name until now, and i have to say today was the funniest by far.

Its so great to see so many people rip on a system that has not even come out yet and is following the greatest system ever created, the ps2. The ps2 far surpassed any other system in sales and holds the all time sales record beating, what else?? the ps1. Wow, thats amazing so it is without a doubt that this will far outsell that. So all [those] complaing about "thermal paste" will complain about the ps3. If you want crap for cheap, buy what nintendo is putting out and while your at it, buy a pc too.

AP_piano295
May 27, 2006, 02:04 PM
It still upsets me a little that people are making videos about "sony lied can you trust sony"

When false information used to send the US to war is still largely unchallanged by well... anyone in the US atleast. I just get a bit of humor out of that.

weg
May 27, 2006, 02:23 PM

Are you kidding? I know several people who wanted to wait for the PS3 but bought a Xbox360 right after they heard about the $600 price tag

michaelltd
May 27, 2006, 02:31 PM
I would really like to have a PS3, but $600 is just way to much for any game console!

paddy
May 27, 2006, 03:17 PM
Its so great to see so many people rip on a system that has not even come out yet and is following the greatest system ever created, the ps2. The ps2 far surpassed any other system in sales and holds the all time sales record beating, what else?? the ps1. Wow, thats amazing so it is without a doubt that this will far outsell that. So all [those] complaing about "thermal paste" will complain about the ps3. If you want crap for cheap, buy what nintendo is putting out and while your at it, buy a pc too.

First of all I agree with you on the point that its not right to give a system we havent played yet so much abuse. Saying that the ps2 or any console for that matter its blatant fanboyism - keep it to yourself.

Are you saying you wouldnt give out if your brand new 2000+ laptop was overheating because of thermal paste?

As for your last comment Nintendos products - rubbish. They have proven themselves to be more reliable over the years than Sonys or Microsoft's. Paying more for something doesnt make it better value for your money.

Welcome to Macrumors by the way.

poppe
May 27, 2006, 03:48 PM

Three Dead pixels on mine... thats acctually not that much compared to the rest of the crowd... but PSP haven't touched in 6 months... no fun to play... rather be on a couch with a big TV.

zap2
May 27, 2006, 04:06 PM
Its so great to see so many people rip on a system that has not even come out yet and is following the greatest system ever created, the ps2. The ps2 far surpassed any other system in sales and holds the all time sales record beating, what else??

PS3 is looking to be terrible, main because of its price for things which most people don't need or want. As for the PS2 i can't see how you thing its the best console every.. just because it sells more does not make it better. I know it shocking!

PS3 is not going to be free online game play, it will be just like Silver for the 360. Wii will have free online play. The 360 does not have any downgrade features of a PS3, it might not have blue-ray/HD-DVD but thats for a good reason.. it saves $$. Cell it not that big of a deal to me. Also not lets not forget about the great games for Wii/360, Super SMash Bros, Prime 3, Zelda,Halo 3 to name a few.

PS3 is not a super computer a PowerMac G5 is.

calyxman
May 27, 2006, 04:40 PM
That video was completely stupid.

poppe
May 27, 2006, 05:52 PM
I just wish everyone would get off the ole blue ray thing... seriously...

All i ever Ever EVER!!!!! hear on these forums about games is this. "DUH WELL THE DUH the sony PS3 has BLUE RAY... its gonna be so sharp its gonna be sharp than the world we see with our eyes! I love blue ray I'd marry it if I could.. .and we'd have little blue ray babies blah blah blah blah blah blah blah...

NO DOUBT sony PS3 is an amazing system.

Stellary graphics, advanced features but all you Sony-Bots out there please please stop trying convince everyone on all these forum sites that sony is superior to God/Buddha/etc.

I'm glad Sony is gonna drop a blue ray DVD for all of us to sleep with a night, but seriously its not that amazing... it is not the be all/end all reason for dropping 600 on a console

I would've said the same about HD DVD also if it was acctually thrown around like Blue ray is in these forums but its not...

Dagless
May 27, 2006, 07:10 PM
Are you kidding? I know several people who wanted to wait for the PS3 but bought a Xbox360 right after they heard about the $600 price tag

I see your several people and add 2 more. My little brother wanted a PS3. No way could he afford one of his own money and a mate who bought a 360 after the PS3 delay announcements took hold. He was in Game, kept saying to me "well I could either wait till god knows when for the PS3 and pay god knows how much, or get a 360 today".

I agree with everyone that said you would have to be 12 to like that ps3 video clip. Its so great to see so many people rip on a system that has not even come out yet and is following the greatest system ever created, the ps2. The ps2 far surpassed any other system in sales and holds the all time sales record beating, what else?? the ps1. Wow, thats amazing so it is without a doubt that this will far outsell that. So all of [those] complaing about "thermal paste" will complain about the ps3. If you want crap for cheap, buy what nintendo is putting out and while your at it, buy a pc too.

The PS2 sold more than anything else? Right. Heard of the GBA? It dominates the world. or the DS Lite, the fastest selling system to date?

Crap for cheap. Which is why all the gaming sector of Japan queued up for the DS Lite? Or how the worlds press was watching Nintendo. How they seem to have won the hearts of many non-gamers, the biggest untouched market there possibly is. If it's so crap why do Nintendo consoles just not break? I dropped my DS before, I tried unplugging it but hit the DS cart in so it fell out, tried to grab it, dropped DS onto a solid wooden floor from about chest height. No a dent :) every (which is all barring the SNES) Nintendo machine I have had has never ever failed. Can't say that for my Xbox, PS1 and Dreamcast.

*smiles*