PDA

View Full Version : DS Lite UK; You can have any colour you want...

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 05:49 AM
... So long as it's black. (or white)

yes siree bob. We are getting the BLACK DS LITE on June 23rd!

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=Z9ktvFs1LILlR7g_KiA5U47N7DMEzkpA

Rather iPod/MacBook like no?

http://media.nintendo-europe.com/compel/images/THCQXuvU9RcXYdUVVmvrnkfd3S74c-jm.jpg http://media.nintendo-europe.com/compel/images/xjEXuoGnDEtL0DVA1dgaxBh2W1EeGYa4.jpg

At a slightly comfortable price of 99. Not the 80 equivalent the US will pay. but it's not too bad given VAT and that. Although mainland Europe will be paying the equivalent of ~125. oh dear there. but at least they're showing a bit of love for us brits, for once.

student_trap
May 22, 2006, 05:54 AM
We are getting the BLACK DS LITE on June 23rd

I was under the impression that they were releasing the DS Lite in early June, or is that just the white one?

takao
May 22, 2006, 06:17 AM
... So long as it's black. (or white)

yes siree bob. We are getting the BLACK DS LITE on June 23rd!
At a slightly comfortable price of 99. Not the 80 equivalent the US will pay. but it's not too bad given VAT and that. Although mainland Europe will be paying the equivalent of ~125. oh dear there. but at least they're showing a bit of love for us brits, for once.

xe.com says:
149.00 EUR Euro = 101.409 GBP

so it's not so far off ;)

actually the price is ok but it could be lower ... it's the original DS price from a year ago so it don't think it's a bad deal (i found it more surprising that the lite launched for the current DS price in the US)

luckily my birthday is on the 15th of july so i guess i'm gonna make myself an early present ;)

DeSnousa
May 22, 2006, 06:19 AM
Australia is lucky with the DS lite release, we're getting it on the 1st of June and its at $199 or 83 pounds :) Normally its late to hit our shores. However I probably will hold of buying this as the current DS is working great and I'm getting a micro for go every where gaming :D

RoxStrongo
May 22, 2006, 06:23 AM
that is awesome news. i was on the verge of importing one. i think i can hold out another month though. shiny white one all the way. unless they call it obsidian black. then that would just sound cool.

EDIT: thinking about it. the black might offer a better frame for play, not being as distracting as the white. decisions decisions.

Dagless
May 22, 2006, 06:28 AM
that is awesome news. i was on the verge of importing one. i think i can hold out another month though. shiny white one all the way. unless they call it obsidian black. then that would just sound cool.

EDIT: thinking about it. the black might offer a better frame for play, not being as distracting as the white. decisions decisions.

Yup! One of the reasons why I chose a Dell monitor over the ACD. The black case is just hidden from sight.
I think though, the white version looks a pinch better but the black will be more practical. Black for me.

What colours are Australia and America getting?

DeSnousa
May 22, 2006, 06:28 AM

Keep in mind though that black reflects the sunlight more vibrantly, or was it the other way around?

Edit: It looks like Australia will just be getting white, knowing Nintendo Australia their will be coloured versions later on.

MattQiu
May 22, 2006, 06:41 AM
Great News! I've been waiting for DS Lite be release in Europe for a long time. compare to the price on eBay UK, 99 is a big suprise. :D I will get a white one with New Super Mario Bros. when they comes out.

crachoar
May 22, 2006, 07:26 AM
Keep in mind though that black reflects the sunlight more vibrantly, or was it the other way around?

No, black absorbs sunlight, white reflects it. That's why, when in the desert, you wear white.

SamIchi
May 22, 2006, 10:00 AM
I think they both look good but I'd get the white one. The black one is appealing, unlike the Black MacBook. I think it's the glossy-ness that the MB doesn't have.

paddy
May 22, 2006, 10:22 AM
At the moment their servers are down, theres just that much interest in the Lite!

conditionals
May 22, 2006, 10:30 AM
Man this stinks. I was fine with getting the white one at launch, but the black is way better... and yet not coming out in Aus for what may be ages.

2nyRiggz
May 22, 2006, 10:59 AM
The white one gets me....i want the white one but i'm not in the U.K:)

Bless

shadowmoses
May 22, 2006, 11:19 AM
The black one's are awesome exactly what I wanted can't wait to get one will probably pre-order!

ShadOW

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 12:00 PM
The black one's are awesome exactly what I wanted can't wait to get one will probably pre-order!

ShadOW

LOL! It'll go with the new macbook ;) You should get around the same time, TNT deliver :D

cubist
May 22, 2006, 12:10 PM
Dark border makes screens more visible, and with the new brighter LCDs, it's going to make a superior gaming machine! And then Opera coming out too? Seems almost too good to be true!:D

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 01:16 PM
And then Opera coming out too? Seems almost too good to be true!:D

Damn it. It's bad enough she's on daytime tv - filling up the airways with her tripe, let alone to have her on our DS's too... :p

DougTheImpaler
May 22, 2006, 01:26 PM
That's Oprah. LOL

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 01:33 PM
I know but it was worth a laugh :D :D :D :D

paddy
May 22, 2006, 01:54 PM
Hey MacRumorUser you might have the answer to this seeing as you live in Ireland. Do amazon charge the full 21% VAT on purchases for us here in Ireland or do they leave it at 17.5%? If it was cheaper for me I'd get the Lite off amazon.

MacRumorUser
May 22, 2006, 03:27 PM
Paddy, Amazon do charge us 21%.

If ye add an item to the shopping basket, when you go to checkout, you'll notice price is updated to take into account the extra 4.5%

Sucks I know... :o

BurtonCCC
May 23, 2006, 07:14 PM
I'm in the U.S., but I'm going to go get a DS Lite on June 11 when they come out here. I haven't had a Nintendo handheld since Game Boy Color, so I'm so freakin' excited.

Apparently, they have a finish that smudges very, very easily. I think this will make me go with the white.

Daniel.