PDA

View Full Version : Apple has stopped selling cameras in the NYC branches

asw000
May 22, 2006, 07:56 PM
has anyone else noticed this?

apple stopped selling digital cameras at NYC's 5th ave and Soho stores.

what do you make of this? are other stores following suit?

-a-

calebjohnston
May 22, 2006, 08:33 PM
It means zero. Nada. Nothing.

Mudbug
May 22, 2006, 11:36 PM
we should all drop everything we're doing and run out and buy all the digital cameras we can find, because they're obviously not going to be made by anyone, anywhere, ever again. ;)

EricNau
May 22, 2006, 11:38 PM
Cool... Apple is gonna come out with the "iCamera."

I suspect a release next Tuesday along side with the iPhone. ;)

Clix Pix
May 23, 2006, 12:21 AM
has anyone else noticed this?

apple stopped selling digital cameras at NYC's 5th ave and Soho stores.

what do you make of this? are other stores following suit?

-a-

Huh? So? Frankly, I wouldn't even consider buying a camera at the Apple store anyway, so what's the big deal? I want to buy a camera, I head to my local camera shop. I want to buy a new Apple computer or iPod, I head to my local Apple store even though my local camera shop is also an authorized Apple reseller.

Lollypop
May 23, 2006, 01:56 AM
The nice thing of the apple stores having cameras was that if a potential switcher showed up they could see that they can get a decent mac compatible camera as well, but i guess most cameras work with the mac os so no need to "advertise" it anymore.

bigandy
May 23, 2006, 04:05 AM
so what have they got in the place of them then? a big sign saying "doesn't matter what camera you get, they just work" or something?

netdog
May 23, 2006, 04:28 AM
Cool... Apple is gonna come out with the "iCamera."

I suspect a release next Tuesday along side with the iPhone. ;)

Excellent! Now we can all waste our our next ten Tuesdays loading The Apple Store every six seconds to see if it has gone down to make the new iCamera available. Silly me, I thought that after the introduction of the MacBook, our Tuesdays were now empty voids.