PDA

View Full Version : My Only Concern: Integrated GPU and World of Warcraft

bobber205
May 22, 2006, 08:37 PM
I know just a few people actually are having their Macbooks shipped right now, so I'm aware that there may not be a defininte answer right now.

How will World of Warcraft perform with 64 megs of integrated graphics?

miniConvert
May 22, 2006, 08:48 PM
My Mac mini hooked up to the 23" ACD plays it horribly. I'd be interested to hear peoples mileage with this also... the smaller screens and resolutions might help.

bobber205
May 22, 2006, 08:55 PM
I would think so. Which mini are you talking about? The Intel model?

The pre-Intel model Ihave only have 32 megs of VRAM.... :(

HiRez
May 22, 2006, 10:20 PM
It will be Teh Suck. And until a MacBook can play WoW decently, I can't get one and replace my dual G5 tower. Oh well, as sexy as I think the black MacBook is, I gotta keep repeating to myself:

"Never buy the first generation of an Apple product."

shanmui1
May 24, 2006, 06:07 AM
The next Intel integrated will be GMA 965 Broadwater which will supposedly be much better than the 950.

Ultimate-Omen
May 24, 2006, 10:50 AM
The next Intel integrated will be GMA 965 Broadwater which will supposedly be much better than the 950.
that's not saying much. as of currently, the macbook gets around 5-10 fps in open areas with WoW.

Ayre
May 24, 2006, 11:10 AM
The upcoming 1.11 content patch for WoW incorporates OpenGL improvements for future versions of OS X, and is said to be a tremendous improvement according to the Mac WoW team. I think the content patch will be released in about a week or two, and the OS X update soon after that.

lasuther
May 24, 2006, 01:21 PM
I'm getting good FPS with my MacBook, around 10 to 20 in IF with no real problems. My iMac is much better, but the MacBook is very playable. It is about 3 times better than my iBook G4 was.

shortyjj
May 24, 2006, 01:30 PM
Wow, sounds pretty damn good. Does it support widescreen?

bobber205
May 24, 2006, 04:50 PM
I'm getting good FPS with my MacBook, around 10 to 20 in IF with no real problems. My iMac is much better, but the MacBook is very playable. It is about 3 times better than my iBook G4 was.

What is IF? (forgive me ;) )

What's the framerate on your iMac?

And what settings are you using?

TallShaffer
May 24, 2006, 05:15 PM
I've played it a bit with 1.25 gb ram on my 1.83 mb.

If I set all the settings except for one or two on the lowest it plays very well for me, only slight chop in big cities.

Pancake
May 24, 2006, 05:21 PM

IF stands for Iron Forge, the Dwarven home city and the main city for the Alliance. It has very purty graphics and is always busy with lots of players, so it can bog down your system more than other parts of the game.

I don't play WoW anymore, but I had a lot of fun when I did.

Nermal
May 24, 2006, 07:52 PM
The upcoming 1.11 content patch for WoW incorporates OpenGL improvements for future versions of OS X, and is said to be a tremendous improvement according to the Mac WoW team. I think the content patch will be released in about a week or two, and the OS X update soon after that.

Interesting. I'll be sure to take the beta for a spin as soon as I get home :)

Edit: Oh I see, it's dependant on a future OS X update. You did say that, but I must've skipped right past it in my excitement :p

lasuther
May 24, 2006, 08:16 PM

What's the framerate on your iMac?

And what settings are you using?

IF is Iron Forge. My 20"iMac can hit 30 to 40 FPS in IF. I'm just using the default settings, which are very good. WoW does support widescreen, which is really nice with the Macs.

bobber205
May 24, 2006, 08:27 PM
Looks like my chances of getting a MB keep going up and up....

Any word on mass raids?

bu113t
Jun 5, 2006, 10:31 AM
Im getting my MacBook today and WoW will be the first thing i try...

calebjohnston
Jun 5, 2006, 10:58 AM
THIS IS A HI-JACK....ing.

Anyone played it on a stock latest revision 12" PB ? How's it work?

Josh396
Jun 5, 2006, 11:53 AM
Oh I see, it's dependant on a future OS X update. You did say that, but I must've skipped right past it in my excitement :p
As did I.:D