PDA

View Full Version : HTML Editor for X?


Stike
Feb 10, 2002, 04:08 PM
Hey guys!

Im looking forward to refresh my old homepage and my old Adobe Page Mill 3.0 runs only in classic and it just doesnt cut it anymore. So, Id like to see some OS X HTML Editor with equal features... can anyone help me out?
Any Favourites?:confused:

Help!

AlphaTech
Feb 10, 2002, 04:17 PM
Try either BBedit or DreamWeaver. I believe that BBEdit has an OS X version, but DreamWeaver is 8x and 9x only for now. I would expect that the next release of DreamWeaver will have OS X compatibility.

IndyGopher
Feb 10, 2002, 04:21 PM
If you are used to PageMill (an Adobe product) wouldn't the logical choice be Adobe's replacement for PageMill, GoLive? GoLive 6 runs in X native.

Taft
Feb 10, 2002, 04:23 PM
I always found this program the best for editing html code by hand under OS 9. I haven't tried it under OS X, though. Give it a look:rolleyes:. (not meant to be sarcastic! Really.)

Matthew

whfsdude
Feb 10, 2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by IndyGopher
If you are used to PageMill (an Adobe product) wouldn't the logical choice be Adobe's replacement for PageMill, GoLive? GoLive 6 runs in X native.

Have you tried golive in x, it has so many features its a pain in the ass, thats all I have to say!

mac15
Feb 13, 2002, 04:13 AM
bbedit is available for x
but I play games
and surf the web so I
don't know what its like

Ensign Paris
Feb 13, 2002, 05:50 AM
Golive is great under OSX, i would have gone Dreamweaver but they are a slow company at getting OSX products out.

irmongoose
Feb 13, 2002, 06:01 AM
definetely BBEdit.

Easy to use, easy to maintain, and best of all, they have a OS X native version.


Go to:

http://www.barebones.com





irmongoose

Nipsy
Feb 13, 2002, 07:12 AM
...so I will too. BBEdit is the best text/html/ASP/Perl/Java/DHTML/CSS/C/C++/anything editor going.

Taft
Feb 13, 2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Nipsy
...so I will too. BBEdit is the best text/html/ASP/Perl/Java/DHTML/CSS/C/C++/anything editor going.

Peer pressure! Works every time.

I'll take that check now, BBEdit people. :D

Matthew

Nipsy
Feb 13, 2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by mrtrumbe


Peer pressure! Works every time.

I'll take that check now, BBEdit people. :D

Matthew

Aren't you the guy who sold me that funny oregano in high school?

Jookbox
Feb 13, 2002, 10:01 AM
bbedit is the best for the mac. on any platform however, homesite is my favorite. it's MUCH easier to work with multiple documents, since the layout is so clean. also you can open and edit stuff on your ftp server like it was part of your hard drive.

at work i have a pc just for this program. if macromedia ports it over to the mac.. AHHH YEAH!

Nipsy
Feb 13, 2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by Jookbox
bbedit is the best for the mac. on any platform however, homesite is my favorite. it's MUCH easier to work with multiple documents, since the layout is so clean. also you can open and edit stuff on your ftp server like it was part of your hard drive.

at work i have a pc just for this program. if macromedia ports it over to the mac.. AHHH YEAH!

I love HomeSite as well, but some of the GREP stuff that BBEdit has added is AMAZING. I think if you are really utilizing BBEdit to it's fullest, it edges a good way past HomeSite.

That said, HomeSite does have a much shallower learning curve, and prolly wins for those people who never RTFM.