PDA

View Full Version : Good Freeware/Shareware/Opensource Games

Patmian212
May 23, 2006, 03:40 PM
There was a thread about this a while ago but it died so I think we should make another.

Shareware:
Americas Army
Freespace 2
Satan Sam(PC ONLY:mad: ;))

blitzydog
May 23, 2006, 04:16 PM
Enemy Territory

plinden
May 23, 2006, 04:20 PM
www.abandonia.com has dozens of old DOS games, some of them classics. You are not confined to playing these only on Intel-powered Macs since you can use DosBox on PPC Macs.

me hate windows
May 23, 2006, 04:56 PM
The 3 games from the Escape Velocity series, although the newest iteration of the game limits what you can do unless you pay.

Dagless
May 23, 2006, 05:07 PM
[shameless plug] Go download The New Satan Sam. It's very difficult but completable (a bunch of guys who completed Echo World hover around my forums). But is Windows only. Thanks Patmian212 ;) [/shameless plug]

Cave Story is an awesome game styled like the old Metroid games. It's very very fun and the most addictive game I've played since ever. It's PC and OSX, which is always good.

If you do have a Windows PC or Intel Mac I'd also strongly recommend the following;
-Mr. Stumps Dentures
-Jonny RPG
-Crystal Towers
-The Cheese Factory Incident

srobert
May 25, 2006, 03:44 PM
Not really a free game but they're starting a free open beta for a whacky looking game. So… it's free… for the time being :D

http://www.banghowdy.com/download.html

Bang! Howdy
(Fast paced tactical strategy gun in a wacky Wild West world)

Looks fun ^_^

It's cross platform (OS X, Linux, Windows)

System Requirements:
Mac OS X 10.4 or newer
1Ghz Processor
512MB of RAM
J2SE 5.0 Release 4 installed

Edit: I'm not able to launch it on my Intel iMac but it works fine on my old Powerbook. :/

jdechko
May 25, 2006, 04:31 PM
Scorched Earth 3d (scorched3d.co.uk) Fun to play, multiplatform and free. Jimmi, did you ever get it to compile and run?

bokdol
May 25, 2006, 04:34 PM
http://www1.dofus.com/en/

cool mmorpg

you can pay and yoou will get bonuses. but there is a free section