PDA

View Full Version : Looking for reassurance about plugging iPod into second Mac

April Dancer
May 24, 2006, 10:06 AM
Sorry, I apologise in advance. I know the answer to this really but y'know when you just need reassurance before disaster strikes...

I'm taking my baby iBook away with me on Friday and want to plug my iPod into it to listen to music and watch movies while in the hotel. iTunes on iBook Jr is empty and the iPod is set to manual update.

Am I correct in thinking that I can safely plug the iPod into the little iBook and it won't wipe it?

If I end up in Jerusalem without anything to listen to/watch because I've erased the iPod I will be seriously annoyed!!

Thank you :)

zim
May 24, 2006, 10:22 AM
you are correct. my wife uses her iPod in manual update mode so that when she goes to work she can connect to her mac and control her iPod with iTunes. you may see a message that says this iPod is set to sync with another iPod first time you connect the iPod to the computer.. but that might be only for auto update.. either way you can override the message and always go into any iTunes and set your update mode to manual and then begin listening. You won't even need to give the system permissions because the iPod handles the legal stuff regarding iTMS purchases.

April Dancer
May 24, 2006, 10:40 AM
Thanks Zim, just plugged it in and it didn't delete anything. I have no need to take to the bottle!

Thanks! :)

zim
May 24, 2006, 10:44 AM
Thanks Zim, just plugged it in and it didn't delete anything. I have no need to take to the bottle!

Thanks! :)

:D you could still take a sip or two just for celebratory reasons ;)