PDA

View Full Version : Games are the tool of the devil

Dagless
May 24, 2006, 05:01 PM
He must have played Minority Report

http://www.gameshout.com/news/tom_cruise_bans_xbox_360_ds_psp_sony_ps3_wii_and_pc_games/article6109.htm

GameSHOUT.com reports that Tom Cruise has banned the playing of video games in his home. In addition, publications that contain game-related material are not to be read. The ban primarily affects Tom's two adopted children, Isabella, 13, and Connor, 11.

Television was also banned from the Cruise home. Where on the contrary - and not surprisingly - movies received Tom's seal of approval. Hey, like we always say: gots ta get pay'd!

crachoar
May 24, 2006, 05:03 PM
So?

Scientology is another religious cult and Tom Cruise is an idiot? What's new here?

I guess it's always fun to laugh at idiots...

XNine
May 24, 2006, 05:06 PM
*yawn* I'd like to see that all scientologists get swallowed by the earth.

Haoshiro
May 24, 2006, 05:08 PM
He must have played Minority Report

http://www.gameshout.com/news/tom_cruise_bans_xbox_360_ds_psp_sony_ps3_wii_and_pc_games/article6109.htm

So there is no mention of ANY source or ANY other form of PROOF regarding this article.

Until then, it will remain Gossip... why should anyone think this is true?

I don't see a valid discussion here, not anymore then me saying:

"The Queen of England has formally declared Movies banned in the royal house, and all video games except those produced by Hudson must be burned if seen within the household."

:P

Dagless
May 24, 2006, 05:26 PM
So?

Scientology is another religious cult and Tom Cruise is an idiot? What's new here?

I guess it's always fun to laugh at idiots...

Exactly. I didn't follow the news about Tom Cruise before any of this, but he's just flipped. that Oprah ditty, eating/not eating placenta, no screaming for his wife during labour. It's stupid, he's stupid. silly little cult.

Unorthodox
May 24, 2006, 06:25 PM
Isabella and Connor are going to need therapy.
Why don't you just ban all things fun Tom.

Oh, crap.
Why do I care?
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

AP_piano295
May 24, 2006, 06:33 PM
ahh sudenly I uderstand the glaring differences between TV and movies :)

AP_piano295
May 24, 2006, 06:34 PM
So there is no mention of ANY source or ANY other form of PROOF regarding this article.

Until then, it will remain Gossip... why should anyone think this is true?

I don't see a valid discussion here, not anymore then me saying:

"The Queen of England has formally declared Movies banned in the royal house, and all video games except those produced by Hudson must be burned if seen within the household."

:P

We got us a Tom Cruise fan woot.

We should thinks it's true because the guy follows a religion that began with the phrase. "If someone wanted to become a millionaire they should start a religion"

Haoshiro
May 24, 2006, 07:11 PM
We got us a Tom Cruise fan woot.

We should thinks it's true because the guy follows a religion that began with the phrase. "If someone wanted to become a millionaire they should start a religion"

Whatever, that's just ridiculous. Fandom has nothing to do with the fact that there is no source or proof even suggested in that article.

Tom Cruise definitely seems like a certifiable nutcase to me, that doesn't mean I'm suddenly going to believe anything I read about him or because it's weird it must be true.

Don't be silly.

GFLPraxis
May 24, 2006, 07:14 PM
Sounds like gossip. No mention as to how they know this, and the way they wrote it up sounds like a forum post.

Haoshiro
May 24, 2006, 07:16 PM
Sounds like gossip. No mention as to how they know this, and the way they wrote it up sounds like a forum post.

Oh no! Another Tom Cruise fan! *smirk*

:rolleyes:

MacsomJRR
May 24, 2006, 09:22 PM
*yawn* I'd like to see that all scientologists get swallowed by the earth.

Amen. But I'd much rather a supreme alien race descended from upon high and laser beamed only the scientologists. How's THAT for irony.;)

Dagless
May 24, 2006, 10:21 PM
I wouldn't want any of them to get swallowed by the earth, which would be a momentous photography event in it's own right. I'd just like them to stop being in a cult, or to stop being so extreme and crazy that they don't make it into papers/internet/etc.

DZ/015
May 24, 2006, 10:26 PM
Looks like I have another item to add to the list of reasons I am going to hell!