PDA

View Full Version : My E3 footage

GFLPraxis
May 24, 2006, 09:33 PM
http://www.nintendoplayers.com/article.php?articleID=306

There ya go, the stuff I filmed from E3 is finally up.

The other guy who went to E3 with me will be putting up his videos later, and I still have to put up my photos.

Enjoy! :)

Oh yes, and don't download the QuickTime 320x240. It's the ultra low bandwidth version, at 15 FPS. Get at least 480x360 QuickTime. It's the full 30 FPS, high res, full sound quality, and 1/3rd the filesize of the 640x480 Windows Media one (max quality). I love H.264.

2nyRiggz
May 24, 2006, 09:35 PM
Is it everything or more nintendo? i wanna see everything and every game......i'ma still watch it anyway:)

Bless

Spanky Deluxe
May 24, 2006, 09:52 PM
Bah! How come you don't have it in high quality in Quicktime as well as Windows Media!! Poor show!

I guess us Mac users don't deserve high resolution content...

{cries}

Edit: Watching the medium quality video now. Sonic looks good although I really wish they could release another side scrolling Sonic game. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is still one of the greatest games ever made and I still regularly play it on my 'cube in the collectors thing. I'd pay good money for another sidescrolling Sonic game!! The 3d Sonic Adventure style games just don't cut it.

rockthecasbah
May 24, 2006, 10:06 PM
That's the first "higher" quality video i've seen of games other than Super Mario Galaxy. I have to say, i'm certainly satisfied and more or less impressed with the graphical output of these games, and the controls seem tighter than others had described.

can't wait to get my hands on the wii!!!

GFLPraxis
May 24, 2006, 10:29 PM
Something I wanted to mention. In the Zelda: Twilight Princess part, if you're using QuickTime, as soon as you get to the part where you can see the guy standing in front of the console holding the controller, pause, and use the left and right arrow keys to advance.

When he puts the pointer on the screen, you can move it frame by frame to see just how little movement is required.

and the controls seem tighter than others had described.

can't wait to get my hands on the wii!!!

The only game that had any control problems was Red Steel, as you can see in the video- the turn rate is terrible. However, it looks like they've since solved the control problems for that game...see this video:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7888968777839133832

GFLPraxis
May 24, 2006, 10:31 PM
Bah! How come you don't have it in high quality in Quicktime as well as Windows Media!! Poor show!

I guess us Mac users don't deserve high resolution content...

{cries}

Edit: Watching the medium quality video now. Sonic looks good although I really wish they could release another side scrolling Sonic game. Sonic 3 & Knuckles is still one of the greatest games ever made and I still regularly play it on my 'cube in the collectors thing. I'd pay good money for another sidescrolling Sonic game!! The 3d Sonic Adventure style games just don't cut it.

Sorry :o I didn't do the conversions...

I fully agree about Sonic 3 & Knuckles. One of the best 2D games ever made.

The Sonic game is kinda sidescrolling. Frontscrolling, actually- it's on rails. You can only go forward, and back up if you get stuck. But as the video shows, you go forward very fast :)

crachoar
May 24, 2006, 10:37 PM
Or, you could just be like me and pretend that stopped making 'Sonic' games after 'Sonic 2'.

Man, I miss that game...