PDA

View Full Version : My first Widget! - critique please

icloud
May 24, 2006, 11:14 PM
my first widget...using dashcode i was able to make a widget for my friend and his blog site...its nothing much, but what do you think?

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/2638/picture17wm.png

Bubbasteve
May 24, 2006, 11:19 PM
Wow that is actually a pretty nice widget...great job!

gekko513
May 24, 2006, 11:24 PM
I agree. It looks fantastic.

(There's a notch in the bottom bar)

Glenn Wolsey
May 24, 2006, 11:34 PM
That's awesome, I'm going to have a play with it tonight.

(You need to go on iChat)

p0intblank
May 25, 2006, 12:25 AM
Very nice design, I like it! :cool:

octoberdeath
May 25, 2006, 02:07 AM
do you know a lot about coding? how long did it actually take you? is it fairly easy to pick up for the first time and start coding?

Platform
May 25, 2006, 07:27 AM
I really like the transparency :cool:

Anyone have information about how this works (FAQ, help files, etc)....seems like it is going to be a nice product

iGary
May 25, 2006, 07:29 AM
Looks very nice. :)

icloud
May 25, 2006, 08:58 AM
do you know a lot about coding? how long did it actually take you? is it fairly easy to pick up for the first time and start coding?

It was easy for an RSS widget...90% of the work was just design through photoshop, and I did play around with the display fonts, but I did not do explicit coding for this one

I really like the transparency :cool:

I have started my own little creations as well, but for some reason why does the RSS feed not show up, I have done the drag and drop and the manual method 'networking is on ?

I was having some problems with the drag and drop thing myself, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't

I think this is something leopard will release, this build is too buggy to be finished

octoberdeath
May 25, 2006, 09:32 AM
It was easy for an RSS widget...90% of the work was just design through photoshop, and I did play around with the display fonts, but I did not do explicit coding for this one

good to know, maybe ill be able to do one then. i have always wanted to creat some kind of simple silly widget for friends to download.

Platform
May 25, 2006, 09:40 AM

I was having some problems with the drag and drop thing myself, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't

I think this is something leopard will release, this build is too buggy to be finished

Well I have only "seen" it in action and it is very buggy :mad:

adom
May 27, 2006, 05:36 PM
Looks good, just check the bottom bar...looks like theres a chunk missing from the middle of it along the straight horizontal surface. Tho maybe its my eyes :(

G99
May 27, 2006, 06:06 PM
Wow! That transparency looks sexual! Did you use AquaPro colours for that? I also like the diagonal stripes on it. Really hot stuff!