PDA

View Full Version : the mac...pod?

Malus
May 25, 2006, 11:08 AM
If apple is changing all their computer names to have the word "mac" in the name, do you think they would change the name of the ipod, or is just too popular to be changed?

LastLine
May 25, 2006, 11:16 AM
I think it's irrelevant to be honest, I think the truth is that tehy just want all the computers (i.e. Macintoshes) to have the Mac in them.

Shaun.P
May 25, 2006, 11:21 AM
I don't think they will ever change the name. It is a trademark that people instantly recognise, if a 'MacPod' is released, it might confuse consumers and they might think the 'MacPod' is a ripoff of the iPod and not relise they are from the same company!

reh
May 25, 2006, 11:23 AM
The iPod is not a Mac.

spencecb
May 25, 2006, 12:53 PM
I don't think they will ever change the name. It is a trademark that people instantly recognise, if a 'MacPod' is released, it might confuse consumers and they might think the 'MacPod' is a ripoff of the iPod and not relise they are from the same company!

If you are being sarcastic, then ignore my comment. But everyone on Earth knows that the iPod is made by Apple.

And to the OP, they will never change the name of the iPod, or iMac for that matter. These two products made by Apple have become cultural icons.

tkidBOSTON
May 25, 2006, 12:59 PM
If you are being sarcastic, then ignore my comment. But everyone on Earth knows that the iPod is made by Apple.

And to the OP, they will never change the name of the iPod, or iMac for that matter. These two products made by Apple have become cultural icons.

http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/04/13/applebrand/index.php

Forrester had a couple of findings in the report that may be worrisome. One finding is that Apple’s brand recognition fails to encompass the iPod.

“The Apple brand adoption data looks wrong — after all, the company has sold 42 million iPods, far more than the 5.2 million households that claim to use the Apple brand regularly — until you realize that ‘Apple Computer’ is not the same brand as ‘iPod,’ the Forrester report said.

Forrester says that Apple should link the iPod more strongly to the Apple brand in future advertising. This would also link potential customers to the higher margin computer products.

grockk
May 25, 2006, 02:01 PM
The iPod is not a Mac.

exactly. this thread doesn't make sense.

Caitlyn
May 25, 2006, 03:47 PM
They won't change the name. End of story. It's too popular. If anything were to change it's name, it would be a PDA type of thing. But they would still have the iPod name for some other device.