PDA

View Full Version : How to soft mod XBOX using iMAC G5?

BathedInBlood
May 25, 2006, 02:39 PM
I did a search and also sifted through the full 9 pages of the GAMES threads and didn't find anything related to this.

I know that it's easy to achieve a soft modded XBOX on a PC, but is there a way for me to do it on my iMAC G5?
Also: I've been looking for an XISO extractor for my iMAC G5 and can't find anything. I found the XISO site, but the download link wasn't working. Little help?

Yes this is my first post here, so don't flame me if this topic's been covered, just point me in the right direction :)

Thanks for your help :cool:

Sdashiki
May 25, 2006, 02:46 PM
Xbox-scene.com

Short answer? No.

Softmod is for PCs. I havent seen ANY mac related softmod stuff.

BathedInBlood
May 25, 2006, 03:17 PM
Xbox-scene.com

Short answer? No.

Softmod is for PCs. I havent seen ANY mac related softmod stuff.
Thanks for your help. Apparently I've been wasting time searching out this information :o

XBOX-scene is poo. They didn't have any useful MAC-related stuff there.

jaydub
May 25, 2006, 03:33 PM
I have a softmodded xbox and I'm pretty sure you'll need a PC of some sort in order to put the files on whichever memory card you're using. I used the ActionReplay, and the software was PC only.

That said, it was well worth it and I now use my soft-modded xbox more than I ever used it before (though now it's as a media center).

Sdashiki
May 25, 2006, 03:42 PM
once your softmod is done...

Xbox-scene has lots of useful info for what you can do with it.

XISO is the tool you need but if you cant google for it, i dont know what to tell ya!

Youll need that to extract or create xbox isos.

XNine
May 25, 2006, 03:49 PM

XISO is the tool you need but if you cant google for it, i dont know what to tell ya!

There's also a freeware app called XboxBrowser on macupdate that will do what XISO does, but with a GUI and other features...

BathedInBlood
May 26, 2006, 07:52 AM
I have a softmodded xbox and I'm pretty sure you'll need a PC of some sort in order to put the files on whichever memory card you're using. I used the ActionReplay, and the software was PC only.

That said, it was well worth it and I now use my soft-modded xbox more than I ever used it before (though now it's as a media center).
Okay, so once I have my XBOX soft modded through a PC it should be good to go on my MAC using the below mentioned XBOX Browser for MAC?
Also - Would I still require Action Replay to be able to successfully back up my games?

I found the XBOX Browser for MAC that does the same thing (See next quote).
There's also a freeware app called XboxBrowser on macupdate that will do what XISO does, but with a GUI and other features...
Okay... I have the XBOX browser for MAC but I haven't installed it yet. I was waiting to find out if there was any way to soft mod my XBOX first.

If I get my XBOX soft modded through a PC, then hook it up to my iMAC G5 using XBOX Browser for MAC, I should be able to extract and burn XISO files and create backups for my games? Do I need the Action eplay for anything?

Next question would be what burning protocol would I use to burn the XISO to DVD-Rs? I'm running Toast Titanium 7.

You've all been very helpful so far, thanks :cool:

Mike Teezie
May 30, 2006, 09:23 AM
Just a suggestion - the mods don't really like it when you bump threads.

And it's Mac, not MAC.

That is all, back to the thread.

WinterMute
May 30, 2006, 09:33 AM
Please don't bump you thread, in general if people know the answer they will post, this is an international board and you may have to wait a while.

Be patient and good luck.

gman71882
May 30, 2006, 02:15 PM
Makes the Intel mac dual boot scenario very nice for Mac/xbox owners.

Sdashiki
May 31, 2006, 09:06 AM
No it doesnt.

Not really.

A softmod requires you to remove the ATA/IDE drive from your XBOX and place it inside your PC, switching your master drive with the XBOX drive, and then using a CD or whatever to format the drive correctly.

Apple = SATA not IDE

This only helps those of use who need the PC apps for XBOX, like homebrew stuff AND editing/creating BIOSes etc.