Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I have been waiting to have enough time for some big web projects in the past but I think this one will be the biggest ever.

I actually am posting because I will need help. I have a lot of experience with the concept and some of the design aspects of websites (I can make websites, just not very technical ones). And I have all the assets needed to create what I am conceptualizing, I just need help on the technical side.

If you are interested (details of the actual site later) and could help with database, flash, or other design aspects, then please post here.

I'm thinking it would make a great summer project, and have no doubt it will take off. Its important to note there could very well be monetary rewards for this, but I'm looking mainly for people who are talented, need portfolio material, or want to be part of something big.

billyboy

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2003
In my head
Peyton said:
I have been waiting to have enough time for some big web projects in the past but I think this one will be the biggest ever.

I actually am posting because I will need help. I have a lot of experience with the concept and some of the design aspects of websites (I can make websites, just not very technical ones). And I have all the assets needed to create what I am conceptualizing, I just need help on the technical side.

If you are interested (details of the actual site later) and could help with database, flash, or other design aspects, then please post here.

I'm thinking it would make a great summer project, and have no doubt it will take off. Its important to note there could very well be monetary rewards for this, but I'm looking mainly for people who are talented, need portfolio material, or want to be part of something big.

Good luck. I have a small project and need help and have about $500 to throw at it, and still no takers!!!!:D

iBert

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2004
I'd be willing to hear the project ideas and see how I could be of help. The help I could give is more on the technical or programming aspects. So, if you guys want to talk send me a pm.

Mantat

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2003
Montréal (Canada)
I am a ruby on rails programmer.

I am currently working on a personnal project but I might give some help depending on the motivation the project can provide!

BillyBoy: What exactly do you need? As I said, I do mostly RoR programming & JS but I know a few very good Java programmer so I can forward your offer to them if I cant fill them.

So to both of you, PM me your projects and I will see if I can help!

And on a side note: I am a web application analyst by day for 100k$+ projects / RoR programmer by night. So I know all there is to know about web projects ;-)

Moria

macrumors regular
May 7, 2005
Glasgow, Scotland
Hey, can you PM me with some details of what it could include? I'm interested in a summer project but only want to do something I'm really interested in...

besler3035

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI
If either of you who need help are looking for design ideas, I can definitely help out.

Let me know the details of what you need and hopefully I can whip something up.

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
If you need any help on the design side, I will be more than happy to help.
I'm a design student with nothing to do for the summer, so yeh . . .

::20ROGERSC::

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.