PDA

View Full Version : Clayj's MacBook Pro Picture Thread

clayj
May 26, 2006, 12:05 PM
Yes, MBPs have been out for a while, but several Demis requested that I go ahead and post pictures of my new baby (following in the traditions of my iPod nano and iPod G5 picture threads). So, here you go.

clayj
May 26, 2006, 12:06 PM
A couple more...

clayj
May 26, 2006, 12:09 PM
As you can see, it looks pretty much like any old Powerbook, with a few exceptions:

The trackpad is bigger and wider.
The new iSight camera is located at the top of the display frame. It would be nice, I suppose, if it blended in better, like it does on the new black MacBooks, but it's not in any way distracting.
The MagSafe power connector's on the left side. This is a pretty cool new feature, as it's really easy to plug in/unplug your MBP from the power connector.
The screen is a bit wider than in the Powerbook (.4" extra diagonally), with a resolution increase from 1280 x 854 (old) to 1440 x 900 (new)... just enough extra pixels to make things not so squished on the screen.
As you can see, the packaging is ultra-slim... aside from the machine itself, the only other contents in the box are the power adapter, the DVI-VGA converter cable, and a small CD-size black box containing the reinstall discs, the user guide, and the requisite Apple stickers.

I'm really happy with this new machine.

Josias
May 26, 2006, 12:45 PM
Congrats, did you get it with a glossy screen or....

gekko513
May 26, 2006, 12:48 PM
I see no reflections on the screen so I'm guessing matte.

gekko513
May 26, 2006, 12:51 PM
'With' or 'of' your MacBook?

clayj
May 26, 2006, 12:51 PM
I see no reflections on the screen so I'm guessing matte.Yeah, it's matte. All my other LCDs are matte, so I'm more comfortable with it... plus, the glossy tends to reflect a lot of stuff, and I'm concerned that the glossy coating might wear off over time and result in a patchwork screen.

mjstew33
May 26, 2006, 01:23 PM
I hate you! :p

Awesome MacBook Pro! :)

h0e0h
May 26, 2006, 05:52 PM
looks good, can't wait till amazon can fill my 17" order...

iSaint
May 26, 2006, 06:28 PM
Such a beautiful machine. Thanks for the pics. I'm so tempted even though I don't really need all that power!