PDA

View Full Version : Belkin Auto Kit For iPod headphone jack??

todd2000
May 28, 2006, 10:01 PM
Anybody who has a Belkin Auto Kit like this one http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=149006 , when you plug something into the audio jack, is it a tight fit? Or kinda loose? The reason I ask is because I have mine pluged into an Aux input in my car and the connection is loose, so if I hit a bum sometimes the left/right channel will die, or I'll get static, and if I wiggle the connection it is good again. Just wondering if a new adapter would help or if everyones Belkin is like that?

todd2000
May 31, 2006, 10:15 AM
^

floriflee
May 31, 2006, 11:05 AM
It sounds like we have a similar setup in our car with the jack plugged into our Aux. Lately, I've noticed similar issues with the connection coming loose. I have to press on the adapter plugged into our cigarette lighter to get the static to stop. :(

aloofman
May 31, 2006, 11:22 AM
I have the same kit, but plugged into a tape player adapter. I've never had issues with it cutting out.

Are you sure the plug is the right size for the jack?

floriflee
May 31, 2006, 11:37 AM
I know in our case, at least, the fit seems right--very snug. It just seems like it's somewhat sensitive if the roads are bumpy (i.e., when I press against the adapter it hardly moves, but whatever's not connected gets reconnected when I do it).

todd2000
Jun 1, 2006, 12:14 AM
I just noticed when I plug in a tape adapter insted of the aux it is fine, but I also use that AUX inout for my Sirius, and it sounds great with Sirius, so the Aux works fine. Im thinking mabye it's some issue with the belkins built in amp, and the aux input, although the tape adapter seem to fit more snugly into the port on the belkin then my aux does. Everything is standard 1/8" plugs.