PDA

View Full Version : [360] Blue Dragon?

srobert
May 29, 2006, 02:14 PM
Hello.

I'm a big Dragon Quest fan http://homepage.mac.com/srobert/.Pictures/WepPicPosts/001.gif and the RPG game "Blue Dragon" for the 360 caught my attention. It's not really a Dragon Quest game but it looks interesting nonetheless.

The game is scheduled for a June 1st release on EB Games' website but I can't seem to find concrete info about the game anywhere… A few screenshots, a little teaser trailer, but that's all. Also, IGN have a different release date: US: TBA, Japan: December 31, 2006.

Chances are I won't get my hands on this one coming June 1st, right?

Anybody heard anything about this game?

sk1985
May 29, 2006, 03:59 PM
Hello.

I'm a big Dragon Quest fan http://homepage.mac.com/srobert/.Pictures/WepPicPosts/001.gif and the RPG game "Blue Dragon" for the 360 caught my attention. It's not really a Dragon Quest game but it looks interesting nonetheless.

The game is scheduled for a June 1st release on EB Games' website but I can't seem to find concrete info about the game anywhere… A few screenshots, a little teaser trailer, but that's all. Also, IGN have a different release date: US: TBA, Japan: December 31, 2006.

Chances are I won't get my hands on this one coming June 1st, right?

Anybody heard anything about this game?

The only thing I've seen about this game are some videos and screen shots. My best guess is that EB is totally wrong. RPGs take months to localize because of the text and voice acting. Also if this game was to come out in a month you'd see a ton more hype about it. This game is M$'s big RPG game for Japan and the USA. Good deal of the game is kept secret at the current moment. I too can't wait for this game to hit state side. To say the least this game looks pretty beautiful. It's made by an experienced RPG maker and the game engine is made by the people who made Blinx the Cat. Although Blinx kind of blew it was a great looking XBOX game when it came out (it was a late first gen to early 2nd gen game). It really was pretty nice looking. Blue dragon however looks about a thousand times better then that game and has a way better production staff. So basically the people making the game engine are really good programers, but bad game makers. Good thing another company is making the game using their engine.

I bet we'll see this game next year.

Dagless
May 29, 2006, 04:53 PM
An old software development team I was involved made a game in about 1999-2001 called Blue Dragon. Pretty addictive game it was. Only they stopped making Blue Dragon 2 because of the obligatory pressure the big guys would have put on us. alas.

The game looks good. Is this the sort of kiddish looking RPG? My brother has a trailer that looked smart.

We won't be seeing it for a long time :(

MacRumorUser
May 29, 2006, 05:12 PM
The characters look like the ones from the snes game legend of the mystical ninja. The game is scheduled for Q4 2006, it was mentioned in the press conference E3 - the game developed by artoon - makers of tragic game Blinx

sk1985
May 29, 2006, 08:36 PM
The game looks good. Is this the sort of kiddish looking RPG? My brother has a trailer that looked smart.

Thats the style of old school 16 bit games. If you updated their look to current gen specs it would look like blue dragon. Although you are kind of right about the kiddy look. Games looked more toony in the 16 bit era. Most looked more child friendly because children where the largest user base at the time.Obiviously things have changed and that generation of kids have grown up and so games started to look more and more mature with each Gen of video games. So basically Blue Dragon's style is done to reflect this bygone era (consider it a throwback).

On a side note I really do think this game will turn out just fine. M$ is really backing this game up and the man behind this game is Jap-RPG giant.

bokdol
May 30, 2006, 09:09 AM
this guy is the same designer from the dragon quest series which is also the same designer of dragon ball series and crono trigger. he has a great style thats been around along time. so that may be why it looks so old school.