PDA

View Full Version : AppleScript & iChat - how to initiate a chat

tcmeyers
May 29, 2006, 05:43 PM
We use iChat for intraoffice communications. There are a number of situations where triggering an AppleScript to start a chat with a fixed person and a 'canned' starting message would be very convenient.

I've looked at the AppleScript dictionary in iChat but it's beyond me to figure out how to use it to initiate a chat.

Can anyone supply me with sample code, or direct me to a resource that would explain how?

Thanks!

-Troy

superbovine
May 29, 2006, 07:50 PM
We use iChat for intraoffice communications. There are a number of situations where triggering an AppleScript to start a chat with a fixed person and a 'canned' starting message would be very convenient.

I've looked at the AppleScript dictionary in iChat but it's beyond me to figure out how to use it to initiate a chat.

Can anyone supply me with sample code, or direct me to a resource that would explain how?

Thanks!

-Troy

the easiest way so to make a simple html page with this format of link

<a href="aim:goim?screenname=ichat/aim&amp;message=hi user>username or text goes here</a>

for example if you aim/ichat id was troy

<html>
<head>
<title>canned message for AIM</title>

</head>

<body>

<a href="aim:goim?screenname=troy&amp;message=hi troy">Contact troy</a>
<a href="aim:goim?screenname=sexygirl&amp;message=hey sexy">Contact Toy</a>

</body>

</html>

then just save it as an html file using your favorite text editor (not word). all this is considering you did everything under the correct html format.