PDA

View Full Version : Xbox lives problems

coffey7
May 30, 2006, 06:49 AM
I have 2 user SCREEN NAMES for my 360.I'm playing oblivion right(70 hours) now under my account ferretboy77. My other account FERRETBOY66 is the one set up for going to the marketyplace and downloading content. I CAN'T USE MY FERRETBOY77 ACCOUNT WITH MY NEW LEVELS I HAVE DOWNLOADED.What if I wanted to have 5 users use the same downloaded content.Help! I called the support line but I could not understand the people at all.I think they were from India.

Haoshiro
May 30, 2006, 07:01 AM
I have 2 user SCREEN NAMES for my 360.I'm playing oblivion right(70 hours) now under my account ferretboy77. My other account FERRETBOY66 is the one set up for going to the marketyplace and downloading content. I CAN'T USE MY FERRETBOY77 ACCOUNT WITH MY NEW LEVELS I HAVE DOWNLOADED.What if I wanted to have 5 users use the same downloaded content.Help! I called the support line but I could not understand the people at all.I think they were from India.

Someone else might be able to help more then me but in my experience...

All save data is tied to the accounts (screen names) so they are very important. Achievements, save games, downloads, etc are all tied to a specific account and are not accessible via the other accounts.

Take Table Tennis, for example, I played through the first tournament and unlocked a bunch of stuff, problem is that I was not signed in to an account, so none of it was saved (to be fair to the game, it did warn me but I didn't pay attention to it! heh.)

If I had been signed in I believe the unlockables would have been available only to the account I was signed in to, and not the other two I have on the machine (eg, my wife's).

Perhaps someone else knows better then I, but as far as I know you are just out of luck! :(

coffey7
May 30, 2006, 07:15 AM
That stinks. I really didn't know what I was doing at first and created 2 accounts. Only the ferretboy66 account lets me download stuff.i wish I could download with the other account.

MacRumorUser
May 30, 2006, 07:31 AM
Yeah that's right all purchased data is tied to that account. Really is quite stupid, epecially if this is a console for the entire family - with multiple accounts.

Hopefully it will be corrected in the big spring dashboard update.

Abulia
May 30, 2006, 01:49 PM
Humm, on downloaded content I wouldn't think this would be a problem. Isn't the content tied to the MACHINE and not the account? For example, if I download and buy Bankshot Billards can't any profile on my box play it? I'll have to test at some point.

Now saved games ARE tied to individual accounts. This is a known headache of the 360.

Haoshiro
May 30, 2006, 03:00 PM
Humm, on downloaded content I wouldn't think this would be a problem. Isn't the content tied to the MACHINE and not the account? For example, if I download and buy Bankshot Billards can't any profile on my box play it? I'll have to test at some point.

Now saved games ARE tied to individual accounts. This is a known headache of the 360.

I'm pretty sure you are right, but what about expansion content, like for Oblivion, etc?

DougTheImpaler
May 30, 2006, 03:15 PM
This accounts thing is the only part of Xbox Live that I think is needlessly confusing. If you download something to an Xbox 360, it should be available to that console and anyone who's on it.