PDA

View Full Version : Gisele BŁndchen in New Apple Ad?

MacRumors
May 30, 2006, 10:57 AM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Supermodel Gisele BŁndchen's official site (http://www.giselebundchen.com.br/) reports that she has been photographed for a new ad campaign for the Mac. English translation:

Gisele has been photographed for an ad campaign on Apple's line of computers MAC (Macintosh), in the United States

Amongst other achievements (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_Bundchen), BŁndchen was named "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" by Rolling Stone.

Apple recently launched (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/05/20060501211004.shtml) a new Mac-focused ad campaign targeted at Windows users. The details of the new ads described above are unknown.

amac4me
May 30, 2006, 10:59 AM
I wonder how Apple would use her in an ad

richdun
May 30, 2006, 11:00 AM
Please let this campaign be better than that ridiculous Nikon one with Kate Moss I kept seeing at the theaters this weekend.

mortey
May 30, 2006, 11:00 AM
This I can live with :D

crees!
May 30, 2006, 11:03 AM
Translate the Paris Hilton burger commerical to one for the Mac :eek:

azdude
May 30, 2006, 11:04 AM
White background with Apple logo for 27 seconds. Then:

Gisele: "Hello... I'm a Mac."
Roseanne: "Hey! I'm a PC."

Show iMac photo, and done.

jsw
Maybe the new PowerMacs can be stacked....

Maxx Power
Amongst other achievements (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gisele_Bundchen), BŁndchen was named "The Most Beautiful Girl in the World" by Rolling Stone.

I fail to see how beauty and selling your body for a living can be considered achievements.

yg17
May 30, 2006, 11:05 AM

Buy a Mac and get free nude photos of her? :D

slackersonly
May 30, 2006, 11:06 AM
I fail to see how beauty and selling your body for a living can be considered achievements.

Photography is selling your body? I dont think photography is the worlds oldest occupation.

Chundles
May 30, 2006, 11:06 AM
25 seconds of her in lingerie followed by the words "Buy a Mac" on a white background for 5 seconds.

Pure genius.

shadowmoses
May 30, 2006, 11:07 AM
Good choice from Apple cos she is HoT!!! Its cool to see Apple doing some decent advertising for there systems not just iPods....

ShadoW

belair
May 30, 2006, 11:08 AM

you made me laugh out loud.
thanks for that.

I don't see apple doing an ad with such a high profil model.

How can they make it original without ending up with a :
"Gisele ad" that has a mac in it
instead of a
"Mac ad" that has Gisele in it.

MrCrowbar
May 30, 2006, 11:10 AM
25 seconds of her in lingerie followed by the words "Buy a Mac" on a white background for 5 seconds.

Pure genius.

Yea. That should do the trick to get 10% market share. :D

Remember when Steve unveiled the TiBook? "Where's the sex?" :p
Hope that's not the new slogan... "Where's the sex" showing a PC and then "There it is:" and a picture of a Mac between Giseles's b**bs...

ppc_michael
May 30, 2006, 11:10 AM
So this ad will be targeted towards nerds then? ;)

I actually don't think she's all that hot. :/ Pretty, I'll give you that, but Most beautiful in the world?? I dunno.

Then again, I usually don't like supermodels. I go more for the real-life girls, rather than completely fake kind. ;)

pyn
May 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
this is gonna be a hotttt ad ^_^

Mac_Freak
May 30, 2006, 11:11 AM
I think I see Apple's point of view. Macs are so easy to use that even supermodels can use them. :D

treblah
May 30, 2006, 11:16 AM
Am I the only straight guy here that thinks she looks like a man? :p

They should have used the female equivalent of the 'Mac' from the new ads. I'm picturing Natalie Portman's character from 'Garden State'.

Or better yet, just kept the 'Japanese Camera' lady from the earlier ads. :D

NVRsayNVR
May 30, 2006, 11:23 AM

LOL :p Now that would be a great commercial!

Too bad Apple won't play like that cause it would totally match their culture's view of great advertising.

Roseanne.... "Hey!" (haha, I love it!)

"Think Alike... BE Different!"

Tussen69
May 30, 2006, 11:23 AM
there are lots of way for Apple to make this a fun ad . but I do hope that it does got something to do with the replacement of the PowerMac ...

comercial starts ...

presenting the most Beautiful mac ever ... the Mac Pro

or it got something to do with a new iPod ... maybe ..

Doctor Q
May 30, 2006, 11:27 AM
Apple does try to present the Mac as a computer with good style and looks, so perhaps using supermodels to advertise their Mac models makes sense. But is BŁndchen really a Mac user?

sushi
May 30, 2006, 11:28 AM

That would be succinct! :D

X5-452
May 30, 2006, 11:31 AM

Pure genius.

Hahaha. That's brilliant, I love it!

Hmmm. 16 positive votes and 2 negative. Who are the 2 and why would they vote negative to Gisele?

IEatApples
May 30, 2006, 11:32 AM

They should have used the female equivalent of the 'Mac' from the new ads. I'm picturing Natalie Portman's character from 'Garden State'.Perfect! I love Natalie Portman... eh.. in that movie. ;) :D :p

MrCrowbar
May 30, 2006, 11:34 AM
or it got something to do with a new iPod ... maybe ..

Oh, pick me, pick me, I know! :eek:

You'll have Giselle pose and after 10 seconds the pictures zooms out and you see the the whole thing on the screen of the new VTSViPod(wide touch screen video iPod). This would be simplistic enough for a Mac ad. Kinda like a tribute to the iPod 5G with U2 ad that also had something similar.

NVRsayNVR
May 30, 2006, 11:34 AM
Oh... and btw, I have seen hotter chicks then her at the mall but they are no-namers. Shame. :(

Find a HOT female Mac user and turn her into a fly girl! Hold a contest on Apple.com and get us all involved in the final voting then put her to work.

Now that's how you pimp computers Steve :cool:

"Think..."

DTphonehome
May 30, 2006, 11:43 AM

I know how I would use her in an ad. Rrrrrr.

Peace
May 30, 2006, 11:43 AM
Apple does try to present the Mac as a computer with good style and looks, so perhaps using supermodels to advertise their Mac models makes sense. But is BŁndchen really a Mac user?

She probably is now. ;)

jholzner
May 30, 2006, 11:44 AM

I agree. She was BORN beautiful...wow...must have been hard work. BUT...sex sells.

gwangung

The words "stacked" and "supermodels" haven't gone together for quite some time.....

[Course, I wouldn't kick her out of my bed, but....]

MonksMac
She's gonna sell Leopard!

Gisle in sexy accent- "Baby buy Leopard! Eeet's hot like me!

gwangung
May 30, 2006, 11:45 AM

Sell your body, sell your mind...we all sell ourselves. The only question is the price.:p

anonicon
May 30, 2006, 11:48 AM

Because you're not selling your beauty and your body to make a living? :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you think being a model is merely showing up and being photographed, you could not be more mistaken. Just because something appears to be easy (OS X, modeling, etc) doesn't mean a heck of a lot of work doesn't go into making the final product really cool.

bigandy
May 30, 2006, 11:48 AM

oh HELL YEAH!

:D :D :D

Pedro Estarque
May 30, 2006, 11:49 AM
She's just famous, check Ipanema beach in a summer day and you'll know what I mean

m-dogg
May 30, 2006, 11:55 AM
Finally! A new woman for Mac guys to obsess over!

(May Ellen Feiss rest in peace) :)

corywoolf
May 30, 2006, 12:00 PM

lol, now that would funny.

MrCrowbar
May 30, 2006, 12:07 PM
She's gonna sell Leopard!

Gisle in sexy accent- "Baby buy Leopard! Eeet's hot like me!

She'd look nice in a leopard dress... (5 minutes of googling and photoshopping). I could do better but why bother...

Mac Fly (film)
May 30, 2006, 12:07 PM

If you don't mind I took your quote, and posted it over on digg cause I nearly cried with laughter from it! :D

shrimpdesign
May 30, 2006, 12:13 PM
She'd look nice in a leopard dress... (5 minutes of googling and photoshopping). I could do better but why bother...
I think she looks ugly. Maybe it's just me ... I agree with treblah, Garden State Natalie Portman would be much better.

corywoolf
May 30, 2006, 12:14 PM
Because you're not selling your beauty and your body to make a living? :rolleyes:

Seriously, if you think being a model is merely showing up and being photographed, you could not be more mistaken. Just because something appears to be easy (OS X, modeling, etc) doesn't mean a heck of a lot of work doesn't go into making the final product really cool.

Yeah I totally agree, I mean they have to eat salad (then throw it up) and run on a treadmill everyday. They also have to work on their pose's, such as "Le Tigre", "Ferrari" & "Blue Steel". But the toughest part of the job is doing "Magnum", and saving the Prime Minister of Malaysia. While the rest of us only have to go to work and stare at our desks all day. :cool:
This man wants to talk to anyone who digresses.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/3e/Zoolandera.jpg

thejadedmonkey
May 30, 2006, 12:19 PM
I think I see Apple's point of view. Macs are so easy to use that even supermodels can use them. :D
To her credit, she's not blonde :p

They should have used the female equivalent of the 'Mac' from the new ads. I'm picturing Natalie Portman's character from 'Garden State'.

Natalie Portman...hotness...

Somehow I feel like using someone who's more of a girl-next-door would have been better, cuz then it would be a mac ad with a hot girl, not the other way around.

XNine
May 30, 2006, 12:23 PM

Paris Hilton is nasty. I wouldn't screw her with your equipment just to laugh at you the next day. BLAAAAAAAAAH!

Though if Gisele were naked in these ads... That would be great.

Core Trio
May 30, 2006, 12:25 PM

Jealous?

swingerofbirch
May 30, 2006, 12:27 PM
Now, is she the one married to Leonardo DiCaprio?

poppe
May 30, 2006, 12:30 PM

Gross... I supposed I missed the whole Star Wars Boat where I watch Star Wars for her just so I can have some images to use for personal reasons... But really if Apple wanted to just sell to Nerds then Yeah they'd be throwing Natialie Portman left and right...

poppe
May 30, 2006, 12:37 PM
No offense

MrCrowbar
May 30, 2006, 12:38 PM
Gross... I supposed I missed the whole Star Wars Boat where I watch Star Wars for her just so I can have some images to use for personal reasons... But really if Apple wanted to just sell to Nerds then Yeah they'd be throwing Natialie Portman left and right...

Aaah, so that's Nathalie Portman. I'll always remember her as the kid in "Leon, the profesional". :)

MattG
May 30, 2006, 12:41 PM

Excellent :)

poppe
May 30, 2006, 12:43 PM

You guys laugh but I am telling you Roseanne is a hot piece of A**. The camera just adds more pounds on to her. She's one fine woman thought honestly

Macmaniac
May 30, 2006, 12:50 PM
Picture this. Show her and a powermac flashing back and forth, with buy a Mac flashed under all of it. Subliminal messaging:D

pedrov
May 30, 2006, 12:58 PM
She's just famous, check Ipanema beach in a summer day and you'll know what I mean

you my friend are so correct

ronrubin
May 30, 2006, 01:00 PM
Cound't help but think... all these replies here seem to be from guys... any women out there read these forums?

Just wondering... :rolleyes:

Blue Velvet
May 30, 2006, 01:07 PM
Cound't help but think... all these replies here seem to be from guys... any women out there read these forums?

Yes. Although this thread must have one of the highest 'posts to views' ratio in the history of MR. Gisele BŁndchen must have a lot to say about Merom, that's for sure.

jlange
May 30, 2006, 01:10 PM
Hey, I have some inside-info. I was at an iLife seminar at my school recently, and they gave out posters as door prizes. These posters, as I was told, were for the new ad campaign, based around the prefix re-. ReThink ReWhatever.

Hope this is a good pointer!

sushi
May 30, 2006, 01:13 PM
I think she looks ugly. Maybe it's just me ... I agree with treblah, Garden State Natalie Portman would be much better.
Different strokes for different folks.

Likewise, she does little for me.

To each his own.

gugy
May 30, 2006, 01:17 PM

Sorry man,
I have seen her in person and she's gorgeous.
I do agreed that in Ipanema beach or by the way Pepe beach there are girls with hotter bodies, but Gisele's face is just amazing.
Linda maravilhosa!:D

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2006, 01:18 PM
Yes. Although this thread must have one of the highest 'posts to views' ratio in the history of MR.

Actually, doing a quick Dr. Q-esque calculation, ratio of views to posts for this thread is around 41 to 1 - in just three other threads currently active in News Discussion forum they have ratios of 117 to 1, 63 to 1 and 110 to 1.

Maybe if there were actually pics of Gisele and a Mac things would be different (which doesn't mean people need to be posting pics here - there are plenty out there already). :D

Sadly, I had to google her to find out who she was.... :(

D

Blue Velvet
May 30, 2006, 01:21 PM
Actually, doing a quick Dr. Q-esque calculation, ratio of views to posts for this thread is around 41 to 1 - in just three other threads currently active in News Discussion forum they have ratios of 117 to 1, 63 to 1 and 110 to 1.

Ah OK. Was just an off-the-cuff statement. Always ready to be corrected. :eek: :D

ChrisA
May 30, 2006, 01:23 PM
I actually don't think she's all that hot. :/ Pretty, I'll give you that, but Most beautiful in the world?? I dunno.

What you are missing is that most photographs of female models are for ads that are marketing to women. So they don't want "hot". They want a model that looks like what many women would identify with.

freeny
May 30, 2006, 01:26 PM
I would have went with Adrianna Lima but from what ive seen of her she isnt the smartest thing and her english is soso.

"Me like Macs, now look at my ass"?

Might work;)

Blue Velvet
May 30, 2006, 01:29 PM
They want a model that looks like what many women would identify with.

Not quite. Aspire to, but yet paradoxically free to mercilessly criticise.

Mr. Anderson
May 30, 2006, 01:29 PM
Ah OK. Was just an off-the-cuff statement. Always ready to be corrected. :eek: :D

Actually - I thought you'd be right, so I was curious to see how bad it would be. Curious that the Mac Book is more popular than a Super Model.

Imagine if you had *both*, though :eek: ;) :D

D

danr_97070
May 30, 2006, 01:30 PM

Now *that* was funny!

BoyBach
May 30, 2006, 01:30 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com)

Supermodel Gisele BŁndchen's official site (http://www.giselebundchen.com.br/) reports that she has been photographed for a new ad campaign for the Mac. English translation:

Apple recently launched (http://www.macrumors.com/pages/2006/05/20060501211004.shtml) a new Mac-focused ad campaign targeted at Windows users. The details of the new ads described above are unknown.

Slow news day?

MaxCastro
May 30, 2006, 01:31 PM
Well...Guess everyone thinks shes a ho..but i really dont know if a Victorias Secrets show can tell you all of that from a person...Shes some of the unique beings that can turn heads wherever she goes...even when she was not famous...shes not only a supermodel...supermodels like claudia shiffer and naomi campbell and of courese kate moss never had such power, and never will have.

Guys like John Galliano (Dior) and Marc Jacobs (Louis Vuitton) say that she not just a body...and she really isnīt (the body is a girl called Elle from australia hahahahaha!!).

I dont know if I do agree with Apple doing an ad with her because her face is being used in soo many ad campaigns, that im afraid people will not create the image of Łber product that I imagine, is wanted by Apple. Of course Natalie is not as much as she is...

gugy
May 30, 2006, 01:37 PM
I wonder with this ad with Gisele is a new Ipod coming soon?
Maybe the video ipod?
It seems hard to put Gisele's face with an Mac.
Ipod is a more fashionable product IMHO.

Di9it8
May 30, 2006, 01:40 PM
The Nike tie up is just a smoke screen for the new product.....
iPant :D

Doctor Q
May 30, 2006, 01:54 PM
Slow news day?Perhaps. But there are no "sweeps weeks" at MacRumors. Apple ads and promotions are always a topic for MR news.

ImNoSuperMan
May 30, 2006, 01:57 PM
I would have went with Adrianna Lima but from what ive seen of her she isnt the smartest thing and her english is soso.

"Me like Macs, now look at my ass"?

Might work;)

Just might work:p :D :p :D

Maybe the video ipod?
It seems hard to put Gisele's face with an Mac.
Ipod is a more fashionable product IMHO.

Yeah. I second that. This is most probably bout iPods than Macs. I really hope she`ll be in TouchScreen iPod`s ad. That would certainly make be buy my first iPod:D

BornAgainMac
May 30, 2006, 02:02 PM
In Florida, at the beach or mall, we have much prettier woman than her.

iris_failsafe
May 30, 2006, 02:03 PM
"Guys with Macs are so much cooler they get laid with girls like me..."
"PC's were they are still virgins..."

Chris Bangle
May 30, 2006, 02:13 PM
Just might work:p :D :p :D

Yeah. I second that. This is most probably bout iPods than Macs. I really hope she`ll be in TouchScreen iPod`s ad. That would certainly make be buy my first iPod:D

"Touch me"
or
"you can touch wherever you want"
or
"dont be afraid to touch"

Im running out of puns but it could work with touchescreen ipods.

_Matt
May 30, 2006, 02:15 PM
That damn Gisele, she is so hot right now.

quickly walks away after no one gets the Zoolander line...

Didn't Lindsay Lohan say that she did a commercial or some other ad for Apple a few months ago and then we never saw it? Maybe Steve doesn't like it when celebrities reveal that they are doing an Apple ad before it is released.

HiRez
May 30, 2006, 02:16 PM
This is news? What's tomorrow's headline, Steve's choice of toilet paper? A list of words that rhyme with Apple internal project names?

arn
May 30, 2006, 02:23 PM

The site specifically says "Macintosh" campaign.

arn

gugy
May 30, 2006, 02:26 PM
True,
but the original Brazilian site seems vague IMHO. So it could be an Ipod.

mobility3
May 30, 2006, 02:34 PM
Was she hand picked by Steve?

gwangung
May 30, 2006, 02:48 PM
Well...Guess everyone thinks shes a ho..but i really dont know if a Victorias Secrets show can tell you all of that from a person...Shes some of the unique beings that can turn heads wherever she goes...even when she was not famous...shes not only a supermodel...supermodels like claudia shiffer and naomi campbell and of courese kate moss never had such power, and never will have.

Guys like John Galliano (Dior) and Marc Jacobs (Louis Vuitton) say that she not just a body...and she really isnīt (the body is a girl called Elle from australia hahahahaha!!).

I dont know if I do agree with Apple doing an ad with her because her face is being used in soo many ad campaigns, that im afraid people will not create the image of Łber product that I imagine, is wanted by Apple. Of course Natalie is not as much as she is...

Well, frankly, if you can spend more than a couple years at the top of the modelling business (which she has), you have to have some brains going for you. Gotta respect that...

GetSome681
May 30, 2006, 03:02 PM

Then again, I usually don't like supermodels. I go more for the real-life girls, rather than completely fake kind. ;)

Just because you can't ever get a girl such as her doesn't mean she's fake.

min_t
May 30, 2006, 03:08 PM
The ideal ad would be the a video of Chris Isaak's Wicked Game, substitute with Giselle or Laetitia Casta, the camera zooms out showing the video playing on a mac, zoom out further and we see Giselle or Laetitia with the remote (wearing lingerie, of course).:rolleyes:

macpastor
May 30, 2006, 03:11 PM

OMG, laughing so hard I think I am going to pee...:D

Frobozz
May 30, 2006, 03:17 PM
Just "Gisele" would have done. She's SMOKING hot.

Well, frankly, if you can spend more than a couple years at the top of the modelling business (which she has), you have to have some brains going for you. Gotta respect that...

Indeed. My girlfriend does modelling contracts with Victoria's Secret and gets to see and meet these girls some time. She goes on and on about Giselle being just as beatiful in real life as she is in photos. That's huge. They don't all look good when not dolled up. she has a mental list of the ones that are a pain in the ass, too. Giselle isn't on that list.

gwangung
May 30, 2006, 03:30 PM
Indeed. My girlfriend does modelling contracts with Victoria's Secret and gets to see and meet these girls some time. She goes on and on about Giselle being just as beatiful in real life as she is in photos. That's huge. They don't all look good when not dolled up. she has a mental list of the ones that are a pain in the ass, too. Giselle isn't on that list.

Heh. That just makes her hotter, then. :D

regre7
May 30, 2006, 03:53 PM

You need to get a copyright or something on that, as I'm sure Steve's minions have already found it and are pitching the idea to him!

I propose an addition to future Mac ads, though. They need to have Ralph Nader come in as Linux. (Note: I have absolutely nothing against Linux, so please don't flame me.)

d_and_n5000
May 30, 2006, 04:15 PM
Interesting, very interesting.

Just a thought - this may just work. If Apple can associate themselves with beautiful women, then maybe all those young men using PC's will think, "Hey - if this beautiful woman uses a Mac, why shouldn't I?"

It may just work.

aljawad
May 30, 2006, 04:26 PM
OK, I’ll play …

Those of you who are old enough to remember the Chanel commercial Catherine Deneuve did way back when; you know the one where she goes: "come closer, come closer …". Same thing, but we start with Ms Bündchen gesturing the viewer to approach "closer, closer" until her face fills the screen, then the camera pans down to the chain around her neck and we see … the iPod Invisa (you know, from that SNL shtick).

Or:

Rotating image of an iPod playing absolute horrendous noise, slow zoom out to reveal that the iPod is actually in the hand of Gisele who is dressed like a tramp with Tammy Faye Bakker makeup, ridiculous hairdo … Then we hear: "Essentially beautiful, regardless of whats on" ... Fade to black … Apple logo.

I know, I know. Both are pretty dorky

jbcaro
May 30, 2006, 04:31 PM
Maybe they are going to do something along the lines of the Red Stripe commercials, except instead of placing a beautiful thing next to an ugly person, they will place a beautiful thing next to a beautiful person. :D

jbcaro

MonaLisa
May 30, 2006, 04:38 PM
that girl is way too thin. eating disorders suck.

poppe
May 30, 2006, 04:39 PM
Or why not do something very sleek like the RAZR commercial that is very bond like... The new SLVR maybe it is?

Like picture this... U see this very femine hand typing at this Titanium Computer. The background is black. They get a shot of her sleek leg and begin to slide up. They get a shot of the thin screen from side view and move about the computer. They show small shots of her like An eye, a lip, a shoulder keeping the theme to very sleek and sexy. Something around that.

Not kate moss like though for the Nikkon. More like umm... color tones would be more like Ying Yang Twins in the whisper song. Truly I think Apple's best bet would be to make this commercial reek of sex. Just absolutely reek of it. The computers are alone sexy, but thats partly because us Mac fans dream of Macs in are sleep (true story happened to me 4 days ago).

But Imagine a PC user sitting on his Dell 17 all black and fugly. As he's using Calculator the TV begins to show a Mac add... A stunning 17 MBP next to a Gisele. Now he'll begin to associate how Mac's are just reeking of sexy and I can get things like gisele if I have a MBP.

Same goes for the women. I know my girlfriend, who by the way has a bigger fetish for Gisele then I ever did, dreams of being Gisele. Victoria Secret wouldn't be such a great seller of womens lengerie (wow I know thats not spelled right) if women didn't dream of looking like Alisandra, Adriana, or Gisele.

What I mean by reeking of sex is take for example the Old Spice commerical with I think Ali Landry who is just dancing in a Club. Lights flashing but the camera is fixated on her. She drenched in sweat, and in tight lether pants. If you've seen this commerical you know what I'm talking about. After you see it it requires a cold shower.

JtheLemur
May 30, 2006, 05:01 PM
I feel like the only one that thinks Gisele just isn't that attractive:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Model_gisele.jpg
http://www.supermodels.nl/giselebundchen

Sorry, but: woof woof. She looks mannish.

vniow
May 30, 2006, 05:02 PM

Sorry, but: woof woof. She looks mannish.

She's a fracking supermodel, what did you expect?

Belly-laughs
May 30, 2006, 05:04 PM
Now Iīm curious; which one of you discovered this news article? :p

QuarterSwede
May 30, 2006, 05:07 PM

I feel the same way. Give me a girl that isn't airbrushed or look like she is unhappy. Oh wait, my fiancee is that girl = )

odedia
May 30, 2006, 05:07 PM

Haahhahahahahaha..... Brilliant

Eniregnat
May 30, 2006, 05:26 PM
This isn't really news; if it were Fabio (http://www.fabioifc.com/) would we care as much? "I can't believe it's not iPod."

If she's a cut out bouncing around a colored background it won't make any sense. Likely, it is the start of a new campaign, or expensive disinformation, or perhaps she got Apple Computer confused with Apple Corps ;) Perhaps they are going to do some sort of HD campaign, where they close up on digitized flawless features, which we can all watch on a small iPod screen- in HD.

sam10685
May 30, 2006, 05:49 PM
nice... a hot babe is advertising for Apple. what's that got to do with Apple products?

mechamac
May 30, 2006, 05:51 PM
Or (in the current commercials) the Mac guy introduces the PC guy to his sweetie, the Most Beautiful Operating System in the World - OS X (enter Ms. BŁndchen).

poppe
May 30, 2006, 05:55 PM
nice... a hot babe is advertising for Apple. what's that got to do with Apple products?

Watch 90% of the commercials out there. What do they have to do with the products they are selling...

akw
May 30, 2006, 06:11 PM
I agree. She was BORN beautiful...wow...must have been hard work. BUT...sex sells.

Lots of women are born beautiful. Not very many of those beautiful women are able to parlay their looks into a multi-million dollar modeling career. That's her achievement.

May 30, 2006, 06:42 PM
Or (in the current commercials) the Mac guy introduces the PC guy to his sweetie, the Most Beautiful Operating System in the World - OS X (enter Ms. BŁndchen).

That would be funny!!! But of course the PC's sweetie would have to be Roseanne, entering in as Windows.

geese
May 30, 2006, 06:53 PM
"BUY A MAC AND YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO SLEEP WITH Gisele BŁndchen*"

* chance may only increase by an immeasurably small amount.

metalmania222
May 30, 2006, 07:11 PM
can't wait to see it!!:D

macs rule:cool:

sdf
May 30, 2006, 07:15 PM

I don't know. Her website's in French and the picture on the main page is terrible. I don't dare google her from work for fear I'll end up bringing up something I shouldn't.

So what exactly does she look like?

Mac_Freak
May 30, 2006, 07:40 PM
I can already see who i going to be most popular person plastered on the June Desktop thread :D

May 30, 2006, 07:42 PM
It's good to be Brazilian in times like this...Gisele looks awesome and is by far the best model in the world...hail to the wonderful girls of the South...

And someone mentioned that fugly Israeli Natalie Portman...no comparison, sorry, la Buendchen is MUCH better..!

lem0n
May 30, 2006, 07:43 PM
gisele is not that thin compare to the other models, she's considered quite "voluptuous" some other i see here have super sharp elbow that can probably poke your eyes out but some don't really look that thin in real life, just all legs...

Counter
May 30, 2006, 07:56 PM
It's a white background but you can see very, very little of it as her face is right up to the camera. The camera is fixed. She makes separated sexual noises for about 20 seconds...

"Oohh"

"Uhhh"

"Mmm"

...you think the camera lens is going to mist up she's that close to it with her lips.

Then she walks off (camera is fixed so her head just disappears to the side)

Behind her is the Apple logo in grey on the white background.

dwwd
The site says "Gisele fotografa campanha para a linha de computadores da Apple, MAC (Macintosh), nos Estados Unidos." in portuguese it can also mean tha she took the pictures of the computer :-)

Can she handle a camera?

DWWD

mackiwi
And what to leopards hunt?

Giseles?

Just a thought...

jaxstate
May 30, 2006, 08:03 PM
The AD should go like..
"Buy a Mac, and u can get chics this hot"

Hell, I'd buy 2.

Demoman
May 30, 2006, 08:58 PM
To set the record straight, I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world!

Honey.....can I buy that 3rd Powermac now?????

floriflee
May 30, 2006, 09:14 PM
I don't know. Her website's in French and the picture on the main page is terrible. I don't dare google her from work for fear I'll end up bringing up something I shouldn't.

So what exactly does she look like?

She looks like this...

gwangung
May 30, 2006, 09:20 PM
gisele is not that thin compare to the other models, she's considered quite "voluptuous" some other i see here have super sharp elbow that can probably poke your eyes out but some don't really look that thin in real life, just all legs...

Well, she IS very slender (it's that she can make that thinness look graceful and not gawky).

Also...the way she gets posed sometimes make her look less feminine...

Maxx Power
May 30, 2006, 09:40 PM

I understand that anything you can possibly "do" will involve some effort. But the amount of effort of living off what nature gave you is not comparable at all to people who work intellectually or physically very hard to keep this society afloat.

Maxx Power
May 30, 2006, 09:44 PM
Jealous?

Who wouldn't want to be lazy and successful ? However, it does prevent you from being able to achieve intellectually and physically if you were already born with some extraordinary traits which you can sell in the market.

gwangung
May 30, 2006, 10:18 PM
I understand that anything you can possibly "do" will involve some effort. But the amount of effort of living off what nature gave you is not comparable at all to people who work intellectually or physically very hard to keep this society afloat.

Modeling is living off of what nature gave you.

Being SUCESSFUL at modeling means having as much business sense as any other business owner (because that is, after all, what you're doing...running a business whose trade is the owner's appearance)

vniow
May 30, 2006, 10:58 PM
Still, my girlfriend is hotter.

And she was standing over your shoulder while you were typing that, right?

rsmc77
May 30, 2006, 11:49 PM
And she was standing over your shoulder while you were typing that, right?

ha! exactly my thoughts. This is the first time I think I've ever heard guys saying Gisele isn't that hot. She's absolutely gorgeous. Great call apple on targeting the very best.

She's also dating Kelly Slater who is the current world champion surfer and a big mac user. He made a commercial promoting iMovie for apple along with Tony Hawk, so Gisele is probably into macs.

adrian-cg
May 31, 2006, 03:49 AM
"BUY A MAC AND YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO SLEEP WITH Gisele BŁndchen*"

* chance may only increase by an immeasurably small amount.

That sounds like something apple would have on their website. Battery life, anyone?

Maxx Power
May 31, 2006, 07:43 AM
Modeling is living off of what nature gave you.

Being SUCESSFUL at modeling means having as much business sense as any other business owner (because that is, after all, what you're doing...running a business whose trade is the owner's appearance)

Which I suppose somehow entitles her to a lot more public acceptance and appraisal not to mention income than other people in the society who work equally hard ?

generik
May 31, 2006, 08:20 AM

b00bies sell more macs than style and elegance :rolleyes:

gwangung
May 31, 2006, 10:15 AM
Which I suppose somehow entitles her to a lot more public acceptance and appraisal not to mention income than other people in the society who work equally hard ?

Well, yes. That's the essence of business. Not every owner is as sharp, nor is every business owner able to exploit the opportunities in front of them as someone who can stay on top in the modelling world.

Your jealousy is not very becoming. Not to mention the total lack of understanding of what business owners have to do.

Church
May 31, 2006, 10:39 AM
Apparently hot women sell things. Briefly after seeing that one nikon commercial for the S6, my girlfriend and I went out and bought one. Not because of the girl in the commercial (kate moss?) but because it really is a great camera. We also shopped around too, like conscious consumers, but I think if we hadn't have seen that commercial, we would not have known as much about that camera. (like.... how it makes you look hotter if you hold it :D ;) )

gugy
May 31, 2006, 10:44 AM
It's funny how many of you in this forum is attacking or are jealous of her.
For god's sake she's a supermodel. So what's your problem with her? What do you expect from her?

She's smart because she has been on the top of the fashion world for at least the past 5, 6 years. Many beautiful dumb models are only there for a very small period of time then disappears. Gisele is definitely intelligent for keeping up on top for so long and capitalizing on her fame.

She's is beautiful, but that's subjective to some people. The beauty is on the eye of the beholder. So no point in discussing that.

Modeling could be sometimes easy money but sometimes not. Depends on the circumstances. So for those of you there are jealous out there, just think. She's just using an asset that god gave her (beauty). I bet you would do the same thing if it happened to you.

I am glad Apple is using her. For sure they have a god reason to do that. They will not pay her a fortune just to show a pretty face. They can get another pretty face for much less. So there's a reason for her to be there.

cyberdogl2
May 31, 2006, 11:20 AM
i cant see how someone could really be positive or negative about the ad BEFORE they've even seen it. For all anyone knows, she might be the newest sillohuette. The mac sillohuette. Give it a chance.

sdf
May 31, 2006, 02:41 PM
She looks like this...

See, that's exactly what I was talking about. What she looks like in lingerie means nothing in the real world. It only has meaning in magazines and int he fantasty life of men who are entirely controlled by their fantasies.

taytho
May 31, 2006, 02:43 PM
i cant see how someone could really be positive or negative about the ad BEFORE they've even seen it. For all anyone knows, she might be the newest sillohuette. The mac sillohuette. Give it a chance.
i agree with you how we cant be critcial.... but i gotta say i am looking forward to them, which i guess is a positive spin

Maxx Power
May 31, 2006, 03:05 PM
Well, yes. That's the essence of business. Not every owner is as sharp, nor is every business owner able to exploit the opportunities in front of them as someone who can stay on top in the modelling world.

Your jealousy is not very becoming. Not to mention the total lack of understanding of what business owners have to do.

Not understanding business ? What is there not to be understood about conventional business ? You simply inflate prices and move stock, at the price of third world nations, all this was agreed to by the founding fathers of capitalism. If this amount of inflation is greater than what is the net amount of labour harvested in equivalent man hours plus raw materials then the economy will go up. Look around at the off-shoring of jobs and the huge US trade deficit with the Bush admin's cutting of social services and crumpling economy, you'll see what business means to those who control how business works.

YOU are missing the point. The point was that you can not judge someone to have "achievements" if they are born beautiful. It has to do with prejudice. The title on the front page said that she was voted the most beautiful woman, among other achievements, which I don't agree with (she is beautiful). Her beauty can not be classified as an "achievement" and if it is, it is not her who achieved that. If this line of thinking is correct then most people would be failures shortly after being born for not being exceptional biological organisms in appearance since it automatically robs them of this type of achievement.

brepublican
May 31, 2006, 03:12 PM
Yeah I totally agree...salad...
I can not believe someone used the word "salad" in this thread...

Anyway, I think it has something to do with either the new iPod/Mac Pro being non-stick. Think Dave Chappelle's "Switch" 'ad'. I'll def love it!!! I'm ready to break out my Gisele desktop in the "June desktops" thread :)

SuperSnake2012
May 31, 2006, 03:15 PM

That would be a great commercial :D

realityisterror
May 31, 2006, 03:18 PM
Does any remember that gallery of images of some girl fawning over a G5 on a Jaguar print rug right after the first G5's were shipped? I think her name was Nadia, and this thread reminded me of that...

I'm looking for a link.

edit: found it (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=38184&highlight=nadia)

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8211&d=1063494205
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8212&d=1063494354
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8213&d=1063496309
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8214&d=1063496345
http://att.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8215&d=1063496381

Jedi128
May 31, 2006, 03:34 PM

Definately agree here.... Natalie seems to fit the mold of a Mac user better, and she's plently hot....

fatties
May 31, 2006, 03:47 PM
i don't think beauty is necessarily her achievement, but you don't 'just' become a super model. ok its 99% luck, but its all about being cunning and ambitious and possibly working your ass off. i worked in the industry and girls get turn away everyday for biting their nails, having slightly greasy hair. one girl i know was fired because she had red eyes as she had just broken up with her boyfriend. people who don't have to look picture perfect everyday as part of their job can't even begin to understand just how much work it involves. its not as easy as 'you are beautiful, take off your clothes, push your b**bs up and smile.'

anyway i don't think apple should use a supermodel. thats just jumping on the super model band wagon. kate moss just did virgin and who wants to be compared to virgin? eww.

having said that, with everyone now using photoshop, we can all look as skinny as her. who by the way is generally thought of one of the fatter models.

eric_n_dfw
May 31, 2006, 05:37 PM
Yes

Maxx Power
May 31, 2006, 10:09 PM
i don't think beauty is necessarily her achievement, but you don't 'just' become a super model. ok its 99% luck, but its all about being cunning and ambitious and possibly working your ass off. i worked in the industry and girls get turn away everyday for biting their nails, having slightly greasy hair. one girl i know was fired because she had red eyes as she had just broken up with her boyfriend. people who don't have to look picture perfect everyday as part of their job can't even begin to understand just how much work it involves. its not as easy as 'you are beautiful, take off your clothes, push your b**bs up and smile.'

I agree that it is not JUST luck. But in that perspective, the amount of effort is quite minimal compared to *randomly picking some hard working people" - research scientists or olympic athletes. It may be stressful, even then, i'm not sure if it is any more stressful than Micro$oft's programming employees.

But this world as it is seems to have general acceptance of people who become busy for very little significance, or that generates no progress or even work backwords.

MacMan93
May 31, 2006, 11:39 PM
I just had to...............

The commercial is for the anouncement of a new iLife program.

Ginsele: There's only 1 thing hotter than me.....
Ginsele:It is seeing me nude on iPorn....an addition to iLife
Ginsele:iLife is included with *every* new Mac.
.............fades away..............
iMac pic with "18+ ONLY" Flashing accross the screen
"Buy a Mac"

Heheheh:D

poppe
Jun 1, 2006, 08:50 PM
I agree that it is not JUST luck. But in that perspective, the amount of effort is quite minimal compared to *randomly picking some hard working people" - research scientists or olympic athletes. It may be stressful, even then, i'm not sure if it is any more stressful than Micro$oft's programming employees.

But this world as it is seems to have general acceptance of people who become busy for very little significance, or that generates no progress or even work backwords.

Aboutthe whole people working hard athlete wise... umm cough cough roids? yes some athletes work hard and get where they are but most have a huge god given talent and then just have determination to step it up and work their asses off.

This is the same in her case except her talent wasn't super speed or anyhting like that, it was looking pretty. Then she worked her ass off and is now where she is.

As for scientists and bull crap... I laugh at anyone anyways in America (because that is the farthest my travels have taken me) that says all these people worked their asses off to get where they are is BULLLLLLL!!!!.

Yes some, like my sister who came from a small town (pop. 950) off a small farm and then got in to dartmouth for pre med, but as she said "Alot of the people there had had educational advisors"

Educational Advisors are not tutors per se. Parents hire them to help set their lives in the right direction starting in like Elementary/JR. High (middle school) telling these kids these are the classes you need to take. This is how you write your essays. This is what you write your college essay in to harvard about. These are the people you should go meet when you check out stanfrod. This is how you should thank those people.

Education in America (as far as I know) is how much money you can throw at. If its not college its cheating. maybe 1% in my classes don't cheat.

Integrity and honesty is not rewarded, and especiallly not hardwork. Unless of course you are first born with some god given talent like beauty (yes I believe beauty is a god given talent), athleticism (sp?), and brains.

bloodycape
Jun 1, 2006, 10:38 PM
how about a photo ad of her nude(classy manner) but covered in black and white macbooks or something. Or she wears a bra and panty set made out of ipods nanos which gets latter sold at a charity acution to the lucky bidder?

bloodycape
Jun 1, 2006, 10:54 PM
btw anyone remeber that actress/model that wears and supports linux?

om-brasil
Jun 2, 2006, 10:12 AM
So, some of you guys think gisele can't look good on a ad?

I beg to differ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIZbxbOSBgE&search=gisele)

Maxx Power
Jun 2, 2006, 10:40 PM
Aboutthe whole people working hard athlete wise... umm cough cough roids? yes some athletes work hard and get where they are but most have a huge god given talent and then just have determination to step it up and work their asses off.

This is the same in her case except her talent wasn't super speed or anyhting like that, it was looking pretty. Then she worked her ass off and is now where she is.

As for scientists and bull crap... I laugh at anyone anyways in America (because that is the farthest my travels have taken me) that says all these people worked their asses off to get where they are is BULLLLLLL!!!!.

Yes some, like my sister who came from a small town (pop. 950) off a small farm and then got in to dartmouth for pre med, but as she said "Alot of the people there had had educational advisors"

Educational Advisors are not tutors per se. Parents hire them to help set their lives in the right direction starting in like Elementary/JR. High (middle school) telling these kids these are the classes you need to take. This is how you write your essays. This is what you write your college essay in to harvard about. These are the people you should go meet when you check out stanfrod. This is how you should thank those people.

Education in America (as far as I know) is how much money you can throw at. If its not college its cheating. maybe 1% in my classes don't cheat.

Integrity and honesty is not rewarded, and especiallly not hardwork. Unless of course you are first born with some god given talent like beauty (yes I believe beauty is a god given talent), athleticism (sp?), and brains.

Commercialism has taken away from us a lot of our values we learned from history in exchange for low low priced warmart goods and shiny plastics plus the latest cure for overweighted individuals caused by commercialism. Education in america, is exactly what you pointed it out to be - a farce. The immigration laws makes it very clear that the US is in dire need of different talents, just look at our universities, research institutions, tech industry, etc, they are filled with hardworking individuals from China, India, etc. Our olympic stadiums and sports channels are filled with African/African-American, Northern European immigrants (1st or 2nd gen) and so on. Our woman's volleyball team is coached by a former retired chinese olympic volleyball player.

We certainly recongnize talent from that perspective, in that we hire them. We do very little to encourage or create any of our own (US. and Canada). Even gisele bundchen is brazillian, and look who's hiring her now ?!

Integrity and Honesty are values of the past for a lot of us living in this sphere of heavily industrialized society, but rest assured, it still exists out side of the US and Canada. It's a good thing I wasn't born here, or else I probably would never know, or should I say it would have been more comfortable to not find out. Travelling outside of North America really puts a lot of things in perspective, but too bad even in this society, not a lot of us can afford to open our wallets to buy tickets and then, open our minds to accept.

Play Ultimate
Jun 3, 2006, 08:26 AM

The competition level to become a Supermodel, professional athlete, Billionaire is intense. Most of us would have no clue to the amount of work, dedication and risk that is required. And being supermodel is much more than just being beautiful. There are lots of beautiful girls that can't or won't be professional models. A friend who was in the industry left because it was too much work. (Imagine various body poses, facial expressions, environments-hot and cold, clothes, with the myriad of frames shot just to get that one picture.)

And even if you make it, there is always somebody trying to knock you off. And you being scrutinized on a daily basis for flaws.

Doctor Q
Jun 3, 2006, 10:55 AM
The competition level to become a Supermodel, professional athlete, Billionaire is intense. Most of us would have no clue to the amount of work, dedication and risk that is required.You could be describing a National Spelling Bee contestant as well, along with many types of professionals. Or top students. No matter what the hobby or profession, the people at the top have often put in incredible amounts of work.

zap2
Jun 3, 2006, 11:17 AM

People at my school don't cheat as much, and people who do are frowned upon when they do it.

[/QUOTE]Integrity and honesty is not rewarded, and especiallly not hardwork. Unless of course you are first born with some god given talent like beauty (yes I believe beauty is a god given talent), athleticism (sp?), and brains.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats a harsh view of life, but its wrong(as i'm all for making people see the real world) my brother works hard and is honesty about his school work and got a 2130 on his SATs, he would have gotten a good mark even if he had not study but he DOES and that helps him out. As far a beauty being a god given talent, well one is all in your DNA and two it is in no way a talent

poppe
Jun 4, 2006, 02:22 PM
People at my school don't cheat as much, and people who do are frowned upon when they do it.

Integrity and honesty is not rewarded, and especiallly not hardwork. Unless of course you are first born with some god given talent like beauty (yes I believe beauty is a god given talent), athleticism (sp?), and brains.[/QUOTE]

Wow, thats a harsh view of life, but its wrong(as i'm all for making people see the real world) my brother works hard and is honesty about his school work and got a 2130 on his SATs, he would have gotten a good mark even if he had not study but he DOES and that helps him out. As far a beauty being a god given talent, well one is all in your DNA and two it is in no way a talent[/QUOTE]

As I stated there are the few individuall who like your brother and my sister scored high worked hard and achieved from underneath it all, but as I was stating rarely does that happen anymore. Maxx Power explains it beautifuly.

I remember in highschool if anybody wanted answers for the next test where did you go?

The Advanced Placement students. Not Joe Blow who lives on the east side in the trailer oh no no. You went to your future doctor/(any high end job) and asked for the tests answers for the next test.

My school frowns upon cheating also, but the teachers would rather turn their head then kick out half the class.

bense27
Jun 4, 2006, 03:33 PM
just show her naked sitting next to an iMac....people would buy....

diogowerner
Aug 6, 2006, 04:43 AM
Gisele's official site doesn't show this article anymore... Was the campaign cancelled :confused:? I still would like to see those pictures... I wonder what was it about...

dsnort
Aug 6, 2006, 07:45 AM

Depends on how much you can get for it!:D

64bytes
Aug 19, 2006, 09:21 AM
The competition level to become a Supermodel, professional athlete, Billionaire is intense. Most of us would have no clue to the amount of work, dedication and risk that is required. And being supermodel is much more than just being beautiful. There are lots of beautiful girls that can't or won't be professional models. A friend who was in the industry left because it was too much work. (Imagine various body poses, facial expressions, environments-hot and cold, clothes, with the myriad of frames shot just to get that one picture.)

And even if you make it, there is always somebody trying to knock you off. And you being scrutinized on a daily basis for flaws.

I think many of you must re-examine your definition of the word which is causing so much disarray here: achievement. This word, in all of its essence is a state of an accomplishment of some task that benefits mankind. What's her face wouldn't even have won, if this useless poll wouldn't have existed. Consider that possibility, now consider its ramifications, we go on living like we would every other day. Has the total outcome changed? Have we advanced? Are we closer to getting off this rock? Not likely. But who am I kidding, that's the American dream: infinite profit, devaluing everything until we give such high appraisal, just like in this case.

Another thing about models: this ora of perfection surrounding them has some positive effects. If it weren't for them, America wouldn't be so image-conscient, they then would have proceeded to have a reach obesity at younger ages, dying off faster. Then, it does not take long to realize that people are dying from being overweight, and then the swift return to a healthier nation.

The US media has their followers beleiving that America looks good because of the people that are portrayed in these media. Maybe, just maybe, I hope I am not asking too much here, but if the overfed, under educated, below 100 IQ, (average American) would step outside into the real world, say to a trip to the supermarket and realize that the media is feeding them with crap that in no way correlates with data that one may collect from this experience. I.e. most people are fat.

I know I am sounding a bit harsh, but I don't care. If you are not bold, you are a whimper, no one will listen. Please try to consider the alternative(s). Maxx Power, whoever he is, has also laid down some solid arguments supported by logic and evidence. It is comforting to know that we are biological organisms that reproduce, for the most part, on the basis of physical traits. However, do not be fooled by physical beauty as being the holy grail. I, too, work on improving my body as often as I can by training and eating properly, and the whole nine yards, but this is only part of a balanced lifestyle which enables one to pursue higher interests. Remember, the mind is a function of the body.

SheriffParker
Aug 19, 2006, 10:16 AM
She is going to seduce the PC guy.