PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 and Windows Lead Game Critics Nominations

Abulia
May 30, 2006, 01:47 PM
Perhaps old news, but thought it might be good for a conversation here. From TeamXbox (Xbox 360 and Windows Lead Game Critics Nominations):Yesterday, the E3 Game Critics announced their nominees for the Best of E3 awards, and games on Microsoft’s platforms led this year’s nominations, garnering 52 nominations, more than half of those given. Specifically, Xbox 360 amassed more nominations than Sony’s PlayStation 3 and Nintendo’s Wii combined with a total of 21, while the Windows platform led all platforms with 29 nominations.Flame away. I know since its MS and the 360 that the results are "meaningless" to this crowd. ;)

Haoshiro
May 30, 2006, 03:11 PM
Perhaps old news, but thought it might be good for a conversation here. From TeamXbox (Xbox 360 and Windows Lead Game Critics Nominations):Flame away. I know since its MS and the 360 that the results are "meaningless" to this crowd. ;)

Here are the nominees. (http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/nom.html)

I pretty much agree. Assassin's Creed was nominated in a lot of categories, but all we (the public) got to see of it was a CG trailer. The team behind it, the setting, and the potential really make me interested. Here's hoping the rumors are true and it will come to 360 as well (it is Ubisoft, after all).

Seeing Mass Effect (360) nominated along with Final Fantasy XII for Best RPG was a treat too. I hope that game is all it could be.

I thought they were pretty good nominations... it's not like we could expect a Mac game to get nominated... unless you count the WoW expansion... which did get nominated under PC.

Abulia
May 31, 2006, 10:46 AM
The funny thing, had Nintendo garnered the most nominations GFLPraxis (or someone else) would have posted this and bumped it hourly, touting the greatness of the Wii.

But in this case it's only the 360, so heads in sand and pretend the story doesn't exist. :)

Damn media...whadda they know anyway? ;)

2nyRiggz
May 31, 2006, 01:03 PM
^Indeed...we all know this. That A.Creed game looks like its going to be top notch on the PS3/360...microsoft with there advantage(360 and PC)..can't get any better than that right.

I'm going to flip it for a moment.....that Naughty Dog untitled game looks wonderful...i can't wait for that.

Bless

srobert
May 31, 2006, 01:45 PM
Very good news (for the 360 games). I can't wait to get some more good 360 games. Right now I don't have much on my "360 games to buy in 2006" list, but I would love to expand it.

On another hand, I would have liked the first post even more without the bravado and defiance aftertaste. ;)

JDOG_
May 31, 2006, 03:37 PM
I don't see how the PS3 hardware made it on the hardware nominations list...there wasn't even a non-PC dev unit on the floor right?

I agree with the the DS lite nom though, the thing looks svelte.