Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2006
PA
i have a 5G iPod with video and some of the songs don't show up on my ipod. example, i search for Artists-Usher-Song Title and only two of his songs show up (happen to be ones i purchased off itunes, other songs from other artists i purchased work though) while all of the others dont come up.

i know they're on there though because i can get to those songs through other playlists. is this just a glitch or what?

amonusko

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2006
Seattle, WA
If your other Usher songs do not have an album title attached, you won't be able to play them through the normal Artists-Usher-Song Title sequence.

I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on for the longest time and could only find the info after searching with google for quite awhile before I stumbled across this as a known issue.

Unfortunately, the only solution is to add an album title to each of the songs. I just added n/a to about 1000 songs all at once because I couldn't be buggered looking them all up.

drew

chairguru22

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2006
PA
amonusko said:
If your other Usher songs do not have an album title attached, you won't be able to play them through the normal Artists-Usher-Song Title sequence.

I couldn't figure out what the heck was going on for the longest time and could only find the info after searching with google for quite awhile before I stumbled across this as a known issue.

Unfortunately, the only solution is to add an album title to each of the songs. I just added n/a to about 1000 songs all at once because I couldn't be buggered looking them all up.

drew

the other songs ive looked at work though. some of my Foo Fighters have album names while some do not and those show up when i go to Artists-Foo Fighters-All... and the songs without album names come at the end. weird problem this is..

linuxprophet

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2006
ipod doesn't show some songs

I too bought a 5G 60G White last week and had the same issues with missing songs.

I wanted to get to the bottoim of the "problem" and discovered the following:
1. You need to hide artwork in iTunes
2. Try and get a 3rd party app called EphPod. It is a great tool for managing your stuff on your iPod.
3. Be careful of ID3 tags. They too cause problems.
4. If you have the phenomenon of iTunes crashing when you connect your device, it is usually because of an errant ipod name. Syncronize in EphPod, disconnect the device and then re-connect with iTunes running.
5. Be careful to tag your mp3s in iTunes.

You should be OK once you dis-connect thereafter. (3 Days of labour)

Alternatively... Use Banshee or Amarok in the ultimate O.S.!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.