PDA

View Full Version : iStopMotion 0.3 available

medea
Feb 20, 2003, 04:52 PM
"iStopMotion 0.3 is the latest version of Mac OS X application for creating stop motion (also called claymation) films. Version 0.3 is a complete rewrite of iStopMotion using Cocoa, Mac OS X's native API environment, allowing for a completely new look, increased stability and better performance."
www.istopmotion.com

teabgs, have you checked this out yet?

chewbaccapits
Feb 20, 2003, 06:34 PM
nice..I have to check this out..Plus its WAY cheaper than a lunchbox (animation onionskin box)...thanks man!!!What do you personally do to use this app? Do you have a website?

medea
Feb 20, 2003, 06:41 PM
not yet, website in the works, possibly......
I just do little art "projects," but nothing real serious as far as animation goes.

chewbaccapits
Feb 20, 2003, 07:11 PM
If your interested in some student animation, check this link: www.motionzoo.org

Click on the ANIMATION FILMS link on the left column.

Its my college buddies' website. All of us went to CALARTS in California. Its supposed to be one of the best animation programs out there...

uhlawboi80
Feb 20, 2003, 08:13 PM
or if you are interested, you can go to www.tamu.edu and navigate to the viz labs web page. they did a kinda stop motion project last year. My friend was one of the ones who had to do it. They were pretty good, as is all of their stuff.

It may be in the middle of no where texas, but the viz lab at Texas A&M supplies pixar with most of its permanent staff :p

P-Worm
Feb 20, 2003, 08:46 PM
I like it. Easy to use and it does what it promices. Too bad that it will go comercial in the near future. We need mor open-source!

P-Worm

teabgs
Feb 21, 2003, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by medea

teabgs, have you checked this out yet?

I had almost tried version 0.2 but it was too basic. Alas, 0.3 is stll basic, but I am going to try it out this time.

In fact I emailed the iStopmotion team about some things, as we are looking into new stop motion programs to use next year at work.

I think I'll be corresponding a good deal with these guys to get it not only accessible to everyone, but to professionals as well. Then maybe we'll use it starting next school year. If it's not busy this morning at work I might do a little testing.

So far BTV Pro (costs money though) has proved the best...but these guys are actively developing a lot more, and are very gung-ho as far as I can tell from the little bit of contact I've had with them.

I've got a few ideas, hopefully they make it to 0.4....then it should be a much better product :)

chewbaccapits
Feb 21, 2003, 04:20 PM
You a teach @ what school? Have any stuff up on a server?

teabgs
Feb 21, 2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by chewbaccapits
You a teach @ what school? Have any stuff up on a server?

I'm a TA at NYU. http://homepages.nyu.edu/~jgg221