PDA

View Full Version : what's your definition of a geek?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 05:52 PM
what is your definition of a geek and a nerd and the differences between those two terms?

beez7777
Feb 20, 2003, 06:15 PM
well, to start, i usually take the "nerd" as sort of a negative sounding word. perhaps someone who studies a whole lot for school. geek maybe would be someone who's interested in stuff most people aren't, such as enjoying technology more than they should. i usually don't feel insulted when people call me a geek. both i would say refer to a person with above average intelligence

according to dictionary.com:

nerd
n : a student who studies excessively
n. 1. [mainstream slang] Pejorative applied to anyone
with an above-average IQ and few gifts at small talk and ordinary
social rituals. 2. [jargon] Term of praise applied (in conscious
ironic reference to sense 1) to someone who knows what's really
important and interesting and doesn't care to be distracted by
trivial chatter and silly status games.

geek
n : a person with an unusual or odd personality

howard
Feb 20, 2003, 06:17 PM
a sort of off definition could be...

people who are obsessed with something that isn't mainstream/popular

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 06:22 PM
My definition of a geek is basically the same as the OED or dictionary.com except that geek implies wealth (not necessarily money wise), maturity, a love for technology and BRAINS while nerd has a negative feeling to it and kinda implies that you're a horny teen who loves computers. ;)

scem0
Feb 20, 2003, 06:26 PM
me :D :D ;) :p

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 06:29 PM
awww scem0 you're a horny teen who likes computers? :p

vniow
Feb 20, 2003, 06:30 PM
Not everyone here on Macrumors is a geek, I'm a bitch myself.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=257755

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 06:49 PM
alternately from dictionary.com, the first thing that comes up if "nerd" is entered:

nerd also nurd Audio pronunciation of nerd ( P ) Pronunciation Key (nûrd)
n. Slang

1. A foolish, inept, or unattractive person.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

also, there was this:
nerd

n. 1. [mainstream slang] Pejorative applied to anyone
with an above-average IQ and few gifts at small talk and ordinary
social rituals. 2. [jargon] Term of praise applied (in conscious
ironic reference to sense 1) to someone who knows what's really
important and interesting and doesn't care to be distracted by
trivial chatter and silly status games. Compare the two senses of
computer geek.

let's check geek, first definition, again:
k)
n. Slang

1. A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
2. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.
2. A carnival performer whose show consists of bizarre acts, such as biting the head off a live chicken.

sure, there are Beez's definitions too, but these i think are primary.
a point about the etymology of geek:
[Perhaps alteration of dialectal geck, fool, from Low German gek, from Middle Low German.]
maybe random.

there's nothing in the term "geek" to suggest any for of wealth, except that of eccentricity. almost without exception, this word connotes a fairly high degree of anti-social tendency, whether due to social ineptitude or just a general dislike of people. this is not often regarded as mature. i would admit also that geekiness implies fairly strongly a love of technology.

there's also nothing in the term nerd to suggest that the person masturbates, or thinks about sex any more than anyone else. the definition, and its uses, all preclude any logical inference that the person is predisposed to such activities/thoughts. Nerd also has a possible implication of great intelligence, and both geek and nerd strongly imply great sophistication in a VERY limited number of fields.

both terms have classically (thinking, within the last 50 years) been used to refer to unattractive, overly and overtly studious people who have numerous social troubles.

über, i am not sure when you decided that geek had such a world of greater sophistication and finess then nerd, but there is sure nothing to be found in a dictionary or in my personal experience to suggest that.

generally, this word is going to be "improperly" applied--i.e., it will be used as some form of hyperbole. for instance, i would call myself a geek, and a nerd, but i have a fair share of friends, and i get out on friday nights. i also spend a lot of time on my computer, do very well in school (though i am not very studious), and fill in other stereotypes of geeks and nerds. they are not a black and white words, by any means, and as there are few true geeks/nerds by definition, they are indeed words that get thrown around. they both have a great deal in common, at the root, however, have been historically used synonymously, and bear little in and of themselves to connote your suggestions, über.

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by übergeek

he just said yes, so he's also
My definition of a geek is basically the same as the OED or dictionary.com except that geek implies wealth (not necessarily money wise), maturity, a love for technology and BRAINS while nerd has a negative feeling to it and kinda implies that you're a horny teen who loves computers. ;)

as he implied "both," not just "nerd"

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 06:53 PM
Okay okay sheesh!
But i'm not the only person who thinks geeks are better than nerds.
besides geek sounds better than nerd.

King Cobra
Feb 20, 2003, 06:54 PM

According to Shadowfax, he's also unattractive. Just take a look at his 'tar! :p :eek:

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 06:58 PM
favorite poster on macrumors, has to be:

Originally posted by vniow
Not everyone here on Macrumors is a geek, I'm a bitch myself.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=257755

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
He's not just horny anymore.

According to Shadowfax, he's unattractive. Just take a look at his 'tar! :p :eek:
dude i think gollum's so adorable *crying*
gollum's gotta be the cutest thing ever *more crying*
boohoohoo :mad:

beez7777
Feb 20, 2003, 06:59 PM
Okay okay sheesh!

geek does sound a lot better than nerd. :)

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by beez7777
geek does sound a lot better than nerd. :)
thank you so much you're one of the first people on MR to say that...unlike *cough* shadowfax *cough*

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 07:01 PM
Okay okay sheesh!

oh, my boyfriend didn't call me a slut this time, he called me a whore! that sounds better. yeah, i like the aesthetic value of that one better.

King Cobra
Feb 20, 2003, 07:02 PM
dude i think gollum's so adorable

I have no idea who Gollum is, so refer to scem's spinning faceplate. :D

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by King Cobra
I have no idea who Gollum is, so refer to scem's spinning faceplate. :D
gollum is the name of that disturbingly cute hobbit thing in LOTR2 the two towers, he's the thing in scem's avatar.

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 07:27 PM
gollum is the name of that disturbingly cute hobbit thing in LOTR2 the two towers, he's the thing in scem's avatar.

he's not a hobbit at the time. he's a mini-me monster with an incredibly complex, engrossing multiple personality complex that allows him to literally take the leading role in the movie. his character in the book, however, is much more interesting.

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 07:49 PM
he used to be somewhat of a hobbit a long time ago, when he was still sméagol.

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 07:58 PM
he used to be somewhat of a hobbit a long time ago, when he was still sméagol.
Originally posted by Shadowfax
he's not a hobbit at the time. he's a mini-me monster with an incredibly complex, engrossing multiple personality complex that allows him to literally take the leading role in the movie. his character in the book, however, is much more interesting.

read the book twice, saw the movie once. tolkien is pretty sharp.

scem0
Feb 20, 2003, 08:05 PM
read the book twice, saw the movie once. tolkien is pretty sharp.

i dont want to start a book argument here, but those books are
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over-rated. They are soooooooooo
boring. All of the lord of the rings series and the hobbit. I barely
managed to read them all. I kept falling asleep because I was
bored out of my mind. His plots and ideas are good, but he
starts writing about the lineage of the dorowindll elves in Llorithain
and I just can't stay awake. BTW those were fake names ;).

Oh, and in the movies, Legolas is too perfect. But they are still
great movies.

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by scem0

great movies.

I ate it up, lol. and read the silmarillion too. i'm shocked you don't like him, because he's honestly about as good a storyteller as they come. he honestly doesn't spend much time on the lineage--if you go and check elsewhere. it's also highly skimmable; i skipped over half the songs the first time through.

the movies, on the other hand, leave a good deal more to be desired. but that's just my opinion, "not to start a book argument."

i hated the catcher in the rye, and everyone around me loved it. sometimes it happens.

ibookin'
Feb 20, 2003, 08:20 PM

great movies.

If the books put you to sleep I gotta wonder about your avatar. I guess you just like the movies...

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 08:24 PM
the lotr series puts you to sleep?
harry potter does that to me...
i read the books 3x each (hobbit, lotr, silmarillion) and saw each movie (so far) at least 5x (not because i really wanted to okay?).
originally posted by scem0
dorowindll elves in Llorithain
don't you mean the elves in lothlórien?

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 08:28 PM
wait aren't we getting into a geeky conversation about lord of the rings...?
:p

ibookin'
Feb 20, 2003, 08:29 PM
wait aren't we getting into a geeky conversation about lord of the rings...?

Maybe it'll help us define a geek...

Or maybe the thread is just off topic:rolleyes:

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 08:31 PM
yeah
geek: a person who is into computers, macrumors and lord of the rings ;)

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 08:37 PM
yeah
geek: a person who is into computers, macrumors and lord of the rings ;)

and thinks that geeks are better than nerds

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 08:38 PM
and thinks that geeks are better than nerds
lol!
rotflmao!
that's funny.

ibookin'
Feb 20, 2003, 08:43 PM
No one put a love of caffiene on the list of geeky atributes.

How could we forget that????

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by ibookin'@mwny
No one put a love of caffiene on the list of geeky atributes.

How could we forget that????

i'll go out on a limb and say it's a nerdy attribute too. even if über is right, they still study in between *questionable* personal activities and need caffiene to stay up to do both.

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 08:47 PM
caffeine, computers, apple, macrumors, thinksecret, ADC, macworld, steve jobs, linux, unix, darwin, jaguar, windows, lotr, more caffeine, joy of tech, foxtrot, programming, hacking, coding, more caffeine, carpal tunnel syndrome, skinny, pale, bad eyesight, games, freak of nature, social outcast, blog, *cough* i love clarus (http://developer.apple.com/products/techsupport/dogcow/)...yup that's me :p

mymemory
Feb 20, 2003, 09:00 PM
Boss

guitargeek
Feb 20, 2003, 09:01 PM
Of course geeks are better than nerds! I wouldn't get very far if I were "guitarnerd", would I?

this word connotes a fairly high degree of anti-social tendency, whether due to social ineptitude or just a general dislike of people. this is not often regarded as mature. i would admit also that geekiness implies fairly strongly a love of technology.

Yup, that's me.

springscansing
Feb 20, 2003, 09:12 PM
managed to read them all.

I'm surprised you were able to read them period.

So what DO you consider good books then?

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 09:23 PM
i know you're not asking me but i like everything but romance and sex crap, really really cheap novels, and Harry Potter (it's interesting but it's just your typical fantasy novel).

MacAztec
Feb 20, 2003, 09:24 PM

Alright im just gonna say it. You irritate me when you answer everyones post like its incorrect or its a question. People post something like "2+2=4"

Your like

"actually, if it was 2 pieces of metal plus 2 half pieces of metal, it would only be 3 pieces."

just let everyone post what they wanna post! damn!

I dont wanna start a flame either.

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by MacAztec
People post something like "2+2=4"
Your like
"actually, if it was 2 pieces of metal plus 2 half pieces of metal, it would only be 3 pieces."

1+1=0, .9 repeating equals 1.
How does 1+1=0, think binary.
How does .9 repeating equal 1?
If x=0.99999999...
and 10x=9.99999999...
then 10x-x=9x, which is 9.
Divide both sides by 9 and you get one.
;)
2+2 does not equal 4. 2+2=5.

vniow
Feb 20, 2003, 09:41 PM
What is a bitch to do in a world of geeks?

MacFan25
Feb 20, 2003, 09:44 PM
What is a bitch to do in a world of geeks?

Bitch about things! j/k ;) :D ;)

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 09:57 PM
Alright im just gonna say it. You irritate me when you answer everyones post like its incorrect or its a question. People post something like "2+2=4"

Your like

just let everyone post what they wanna post! damn!

I dont wanna start a flame either.

kind of like this?
im DYING to know why the hell you think that hardrive is slow...

is it because of 5400 RPM? That doesnt make the hard drive noticably slower, in anything. The data rate (ata speed), and buffer does.

i know plenty of people with irritating habits on here--i am not going to name names, because that's just fruity. i have gone out of my way to be friendly in a lot of posts. I don't understand why you have a problem with me. i tend to be as composed and friendly in arguing on these boards as anyone, yourself included... here you are going off on me, and you did what amounts to the same thing to someone else just less than like an hour ago. precarious? aye.

MacAztec
Feb 20, 2003, 10:01 PM
kind of like this?

i know plenty of people with irritating habits on here--i am not going to name names, because that's just fruity. i have gone out of my way to be friendly in a lot of posts. I don't understand why you have a problem with me. i tend to be as composed and friendly in arguing on these boards as anyone, yourself included... here you are going off on me, and you did what amounts to the same thing to someone else just less than like an hour ago. precarious? aye.

Im not going off on you, its just everything I, and a lot of people say, you are like...

"where did you hear this?, actually..."

"actually it was..."

"what are you talking about?"

I quote people too, but not every friggin post just to show em that they are wrong.

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 10:03 PM
GUYS PLEASE don't start fighting. you guys are both great but to see you arguing about nothing is really not that great.

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 10:14 PM
Im not going off on you, its just everything I, and a lot of people say, you are like...

"where did you hear this?, actually..."

"actually it was..."

"what are you talking about?"

I quote people too, but not every friggin post just to show em that they are wrong.

look, i am sorry about this mess. i don't mean to insult people by quoting them all the time. in many of these threads, such as this one, i find myself arguing--not in a bickering way, but just to make points. i don't argue just to be right. if you read through threads, i am often wrong. i come to macrumors, as many do, to learn things. i quote people out of courtesy, to make sure they know that i am responding to them, so they don't have to go flip through posts to know what the heck i am talking about. it's become a sort of etiquette for me, and i don't think yourealized this, or you wouldn't be offended.

if you look through my posts, and please do, you will see that i also say "hey! right on!" "thanks for the help!" and so on. when i am unsure of something, i don't fudge it. when i am, i am adamant about it, as many people are. sometimes i am wrong (see adam attarian thread); i'm sorry, it happens, of course. i admit i am wrong, too. please, i don't like the light that you are painting me in, and i do feel that you brought this up with little precedence. i think you've been duking it out with me in that stupid mac v pc thread too much. that's not how i normally am around here. sorry if we got off on bad feet :(

MacAztec
Feb 20, 2003, 10:16 PM
Its all good...friends?:p :cool:

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 10:17 PM
yayyy!!!

scem0
Feb 20, 2003, 10:20 PM
I ate it up, lol. and read the silmarillion too. i'm shocked you don't like him, because he's honestly about as good a storyteller as they come. he honestly doesn't spend much time on the lineage--if you go and check elsewhere. it's also highly skimmable; i skipped over half the songs the first time through.

the movies, on the other hand, leave a good deal more to be desired. but that's just my opinion, "not to start a book argument."

i hated the catcher in the rye, and everyone around me loved it. sometimes it happens.

ughhhhhhhhh don't get me started on the songs...;)

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 10:43 PM
Its all good...friends?:p :cool:

totally. can we call it even on the other one too?

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 10:47 PM
you guys are hilarious.

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 10:49 PM
ughhhhhhhhh don't get me started on the songs...;)

i think, from certain perspectives, the songs are really neat. but when i am all into the plot and trying to get through stuff, bam, i walk right through them. but the second time around, i looked at them, and i think they serve a great purpose. LOTR is not a light novel. it's the legacy of a genius, and certainly not something to just sit down to, unless you want to skim it. it does bog down, especially in the beginning. but, as you say, it's an amazing plot, and in it's own way, it's just beautifully done.

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 10:51 PM
but you gotta read it in the right order.

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 10:53 PM
there's a lot to be said for reading any story in order, but i think the songs are highly skippable if you don't appreciate them, and it's not like you're a philistine if you don't.

poor über, look what happened to your geek thread!

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 10:58 PM
why? this is funny...:p

jefhatfield
Feb 20, 2003, 11:07 PM
what is your definition of a geek and a nerd and the differences between those two terms?

a geek is a nerd who is into computers, math, or electronics

there are history nerds, literature nerds, and other types of nerds not so into electronic type gear

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 11:07 PM
nerd! :p ;) :D

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 11:08 PM
you're a nerd shadowfax.
seriously.
On the other hand I am a geek. :p

MacAztec
Feb 20, 2003, 11:09 PM
totally. can we call it even on the other one too?

Sure, but I WAS right:p :cool: :D ;)

LOL, jk

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 11:11 PM
lets rename this thread to:
watch shadowfax and macaztec fight then apologize...
*hack* *cough* what bout the lord of the rings thread?

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
a geek is a nerd who is into computers, math, or electronics

there are history nerds, literature nerds, and other types of nerds not so into electronic type gear

that's an interesting point; i agree more thoroughly the more i think about it. but i think, and i am wondering what you would say to this of course, jef, that geek in this sense would be a subset of nerds. like, your math, computer, and electronic geeks are also nerds of the same category, and then you have the literature nerds (bookworms?), the history nerds (buffs?), and so on, that aren't geeks.

thanks for saving the thread, lol.

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 11:21 PM
we are all geeks and nerds...scem0 knows how to spell schlotzsky's off the top of his head lol ;)

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 11:23 PM
and i can just about name all the presidents in order.....

definitely guilty as charged :)

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 11:27 PM
backwards?
*cough*
(Steve Jobs), Bush Jr., Clinton, Bush Sr., Reagan, Carter, Ford, Nixon, Johnson, Kennedy, Eisenhower, Truman, Roosevelt, Hoover, Coolidge, Harding, Wilson, Taft, Roosevelt, McKinley, Cleveland, Harrison, Cleveland (again), Arthur, Garfield, Hayes, Grant, Johnson, Lincoln, Buchanan, Pierce, Fillmore, Taylor, Polk, Tyler, Harrison, Van Buren, Jackson, Adams, Monroe, Madison, Jefferson, Adams, Washington.
Beat that :p

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 11:35 PM
now that i can see it? not worth the time. but hey, you're worse than me ;)

janey
Feb 20, 2003, 11:38 PM
what about every single thing you possibly want to know about apple and steve jobs :p

Doctor Q
Feb 20, 2003, 11:43 PM
In the 8th grade, I memorized the first 72 digits of pi just for fun. I still remember them and I will now type them from memory. (Honest - I'm not copying and pasting from anywhere.)

I hope I got it right.

I taught it to myself gradually, adding 6 digits at a time. I got up to 90 digits at one point but I guess my brain overflowed since I only retained 72 in my long-term memory.

Meanwhile, I don't know my own driver's license number without looking every time.

So does this make me a geek, a nerd, or both?

shadowfax
Feb 20, 2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Doctor Q
In the 8th grade, I memorized the first 72 digits of pi just for fun. I still remember them and I will now type them from memory. (Honest - I'm not copying and pasting from anywhere.)

I hope I got it right.

I taught it to myself gradually, adding 6 digits at a time. I got up to 90 digits at one point but I guess my brain overflowed since I only retained 72 in my long-term memory.

Meanwhile, I don't know my own driver's license number without looking every time.

So does this make me a geek, a nerd, or both?

i think it makes you a memory module, jeebus!

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 12:10 AM
Arrrrgh......too........much.........geek.....talk......must.......slip.....in......some......mentio n.......of........................sex.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 12:12 AM
sex

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 12:18 AM
lots of sex, or just a little? or are we talking gender, not to be overly geeky....

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 12:21 AM
It could go either way, lots of sex, little sex, big sex, small sex, doesn't even have to be gender or species specific.

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 12:26 AM
beat you!
3.14159265358979323846264338327950288419716939937510582097494459230781640628620899862803482534211706 7982148086513282306647093844609550582231725359408128481117450284102701938521105559644622948954930381 9644288109756659334461284756482337867831652712019091456485669234603486104543266482133936072602491412 7372458700660631558817488152092096282925409171536436789259036001133053054882046652138414695194151160 94330572703657595919530921861173 8193261179310511854807446237996274956735188575272489122793818301194912983367336244065664308602139494 6395224737190702179860943702770539217176293176752384674818467669405132000568127145263560827785771342 7577896091736371787214684409012249534301465495853710507922796892589235420199561121290219608640344181 5981362977477130996051870721134999999837297804995105973173281609631859502445945534690830264252230825 3344685035261931188171010003137838752886587533208381420617177669147303598253490428755468731159562863 8823537875937519577818577805321712268066130019278766111959092164201989380952572010654858632788659361 5338182796823030195203530185296899577362259941389124972177528347913151557485724245415069595082953311 6861727855889075098381754637464939319255060400927701671139009848824012858361603563707660104710181942 9555961989467678374494482553797747268471040475346462080466842590694912933136770289891521047521620569 660240580381501935112533824300...
I spent three weeks memorizing that to beat one of my friends who offered to get me a free computer if i could beat him. I did. By one digit ;)

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 12:28 AM
It could go either way, lots of sex, little sex, big sex, small sex, doesn't even have to be gender or species specific.

so like, right now, a lot, with that rabbit from monty python and the holy grail? what gender was that thing anyhow?

i will assume that's "big sex" too

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 12:32 AM
i will assume that's "big sex" too

I don't know, that rabbit was rather small.

Not sure on the gender, it was kinda ambiguous (right word?) it didn't seem to go one way or the other, maybe it was niether, could be why it has a desire to kill.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 12:34 AM
hmm i take that back...i think i missed a number somewhere in the first half. :rolleyes:
oh i'm sorry vniow and shadowfax...i musta intreeupted you.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 12:38 AM
I don't know, that rabbit was rather small.

Not sure on the gender, it was kinda ambiguous (right word?) it didn't seem to go one way or the other, maybe it was niether, could be why it has a desire to kill.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

kinda small! what do ye mean! that's no ordinary rabbit! just look at the bone[]!

ambiguous is the perfect word for that :)

what about the shoe in your 'tar?
just as a comment not worthy of a new post, it's funny how this thread really could fit the title still.

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 12:40 AM
oh my god you're right...
weird.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 12:43 AM

oh i'm sorry vniow and shadowfax...i musta intreeupted you.

You can join in if you like.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=257466

what about the shoe in your 'tar?

You think it would look good on the lady in yours?

just as a comment not worthy of a new post, it's funny how this thread really could fit the title still.

Geek sex?

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 12:46 AM
You think it would look good on the lady in yours?

definitely :cool:

well, über:confused:

by the way, that's milk in the 'tar

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 12:47 AM
do geeks like sex?

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 12:48 AM
shadowfax, what?

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 12:48 AM
do geeks like sex?

a better question might be, do greeks like sex? yes, they do.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 12:50 AM
shadowfax, what?

this
You can join in if you like.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=257466

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 12:54 AM
Come über.......join us...... http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=255734

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 12:55 AM
shoot, you know, i just realized i'm old enough to be a consenting adult. that's scary as hell, somehow.

and that banana too

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:02 AM
shoot, you know, i just realized i'm old enough to be a consenting adult. that's scary as hell, somehow.

You should feel lucky, at least your sex is legal everywhere.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251202 (assuming you're straight, straight people are wierd, not that it's their fault....)

Doctor Q
Feb 21, 2003, 01:04 AM
beat you!
3.14159...Very suspicious. Lemme see your clipboard.

Actually, I use an "almost proof" to convince people (at least those I meet in person) that I really did memorize 72 digits of pi, even when there is no handy display or printout of pi nearby (such as on the lunchcourt at school).

Here's my argument:

(1) I can close my eyes and recite the number while you write it down. Then I can recite it again and you can check it against what you wrote. This proves that I memorized some 72-digit number.

(2) Compare the number to however many digits of pi you know, even if it is just a few. This shows that the number I memorized is at least similar to pi.

(3) Memorizing pi is more impressive than memorizing a similar non-pi number. So if I bothered to memorize a 72-digit number that is similar to pi, it must be pi. I'm not crazy, you know!

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:06 AM
You should feel lucky, at least your sex is legal everywhere.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251202 (assuming you're straight, straight people are wierd, not that it's their fault....)

i'd always figured that legality took the fun out of things. i mean, if they let kids smoke pot, why would anyone want to do it? not to take away from the sexual tone of the thread...

is that weird?

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:09 AM
Very suspicious. Lemme see your clipboard.

Actually, I use an "almost proof" to convince people (at least those I meet in person) that I really did memorize 72 digits of pi, even when there is no handy display or printout of pi nearby (such as on the lunchcourt at school).

Here's my argument:

(1) I can close my eyes and recite the number while you write it down. Then I can recite it again and you can check it against what you wrote. This proves that I memorized some 72-digit number.

(2) Compare the number to however many digits of pi you know, even if it is just a few. This shows that the number I memorized is at least similar to pi.

(3) Memorizing pi is more impressive than memorizing a similar non-pi number. So if I bothered to memorize a 72-digit number that is similar to pi, it must be pi. I'm not crazy, you know!

you're really digging a hole with this geek thing... knowledge is worthless without application. so, in your head, with the 72 digits of pi, what is the most precise volume of a sphere radius 3 meters?

4/3πr^3 i think. go for it!

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:10 AM
is that weird?

Definately.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251618

Sometimes I wish they'd just make sex illegal, just to make it dirtier.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=257755

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:12 AM
Sometimes I wish they'd just make sex illegal, just to make it dirtier.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=257755

you know, if you started phoning john ashcroft and george W and making really sexy croons and moans, i'll bet they'd try to illegalize sex. now, getting them on the phone....

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:17 AM
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to refer to him as 'Asscroft' in this case?

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 01:19 AM
go ahead take a look at my clipboard....gawd I know how to memorize numbers too :)

There is something wrong with those bananas i don't think i'll join you guys...

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:21 AM
Wouldn't it be more appropriate to refer to him as 'Asscroft' in this case?

hahahahaha. sure, why not. anyone who tries to clothe nude statues... pheh! while you're at it, you might call condoleeza rice too.

you could offer her the shoe in your 'tar, and then we'd have a national security crisis on our hands, no sex under any circumstances, and everyone must give all their belongings, including articles of clothing, to the government for inspection. torture! and bad for all the folks up north ;)

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 01:22 AM
does the bush administration even know what sex is?

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:23 AM
Noooooooooooooooo!!!! They'll take away my iBrator!!!!!http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 01:25 AM
Noooooooooooooooo!!!! They'll take away my iBrator!!!!!http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718
lol...no, rotflmao!

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:25 AM

they'll also probably illegalize alcohol, so no one can get iNebriated! sorry, bad, but yeah... then we'd all just be sober and mad for sex.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=235974#post235974) by mcrain
Yes, true, I think about bush all the time. I love talking about bush. I love thinking about bush. I probably think about bush at least once every couple of minutes...

Oh wait, you're talking about George W. Bush... Oh, nevermind.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:29 AM

[TX accent] come again? sex? well, if all the letters are in ther word "texas," then it must be good!

**dick cheney whispers something in his ear that's inaudible. **

oh, hell, no, not THAT! damn dirty yankees! look what you're doing to the moral fiber of the country! [/TX accent]

something like that.

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 01:31 AM
dubya is dumb.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:33 AM
dubya is dumb.

and bush is sex[y]?

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:34 AM
This thread is getting messier than the *Official Poop Thread* (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12317)http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:36 AM
This thread is getting messier than the *Official Poop Thread* (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=12317)http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

sorry vniow, i started a few months ago, and i've utterly given up on attempting to read that. but alas, we're a messy bunch of teens, and the government doesn't even want to stop us! shame on them!

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:40 AM
Bastards!!!

Why will they let us have our fun? Have they no morals?

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:42 AM
Bastards!!!

Why will they let us have our fun? Have they no morals?

damn those drug addicts, why can't i get in trouble for having straight sex within the bounds of a state recognized marital relationship? those stinking crackheads have all the fun! brrrrrr. this administrations sense of morality is about as twisted as my.... alright, alright, i'll shut up

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:45 AM
this administrations sense of morality is about as twisted as my.... alright, alright, i'll shut up

You mean yours points to the left, just like Clinton's?http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:46 AM
You mean yours points to the left, just like Clinton's?http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

as opposed to the right, like *bush's*?

i think it swings back and forth, with the rigidity of a Finnish Fjord

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 01:50 AM

rotflmao. mine goes both ways.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:52 AM

i just compared my ***** to a mountain inlet. can you do that?

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:53 AM
rotflmao. mine goes both ways.

Wait, I thought you were a girl?

Unless you're talking about something else entirely, then I would have to say that I go both ways too, or at least have the potential to go both ways, sparkelytone's just hot!

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 01:54 AM
i just compared my ***** to a mountain inlet. can you do that?

Must be a guy thing.

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 01:54 AM
Wait, I thought you were a girl?

Unless you're talking about something else entirely, then I would have to say that I go both ways too, or at least have the potential to go both ways, sparkelytone's just hot!
haha i was kidding ;)

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 01:58 AM
Must be a guy thing.

or a danish thing... my dad's side's from there. i think it's my bed time; one more day of school :rolleyes:

don't have to wake up till 10:00 though!
(it being 2:00 now)

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 01:58 AM
Must be a guy thing.
a guy thing? i thought it was another thing.
school! haha.

no it's 12am right now, not 2

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 02:02 AM
Well it's all been good and fun (and sexy in a geekish sort of way) but I must put myself to bed now.

I sleep in the nude if anyone's interested.

BTW, nice 'tar Jane (or is it Ellen?)

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 02:03 AM
a guy thing? i thought it was another thing.
school! haha.

no it's 12am right now, not 2

gotta get that times zone thing down! you're pacific, i'm central. i'm rubber, and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me... good night.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 02:05 AM
I sleep in the nude if anyone's interested.

never a dull moment. i don't, but if it makes you feel any better, you can imagine that i do :D night night.

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 02:11 AM
BTW, nice 'tar Jane (or is it Ellen?)
thanx it's jane and the 'tar is Clarus, my favorite dogcow.
ahh time zones must remember.

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:43 AM
Wow.

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:44 AM
I guess that's what happens to geeks late at night... ;)

BTW, Nice 'tar Jane. Wish I had one.

Doctor Q
Feb 21, 2003, 11:45 AM
the 'tar is Clarus, my favorite dogcowYou mean there are dogcows other than our ol' pal Clarus?

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:52 AM
You mean there are dogcows other than our ol' pal Clarus?

I think there are... Look at the Clarus link in her sig.

Doctor Q
Feb 21, 2003, 12:37 PM
I think there are... Look at the Clarus link in her sig. Naw, I think there is only one dogcow, who simply gets around a lot and has changed a bit over the years. Of course, maybe a mad scientist in a laboratory somewhere has been cloning dogcows. If congress bans cloning, will it apply to dogcows?

Roger1
Feb 21, 2003, 01:03 PM
Geek sex?

Isn't that 30 seconds and a mess? At least mine is :D

Doctor Q
Feb 21, 2003, 02:06 PM
One time, at band camp...

http://www.angelfire.com/music4/booplistonline/petey.jpg

jefhatfield
Feb 21, 2003, 05:11 PM
it is funny how the smartest people in the world are geeks and nerds...no doubt about that

outside of bill gates, woz, and a few others, geeks get so off topic, possibly due to their great minds, that statistically the "successful" people in society are the more focused, but less academically gifted individuals

i think al gore is a geek and a great numbers guy but the one who succeeded in gaining the white house has an iq of 97...or in the higher ranges of "dull-normal":p

the smartest people i have seen in my area live in santa cruz, ca (hippietown...lost in the 60s, etc) and there are tons of geeks, many of them with degrees, advanced degrees, and intellectual knowledge, working at some coffee shop...the panhandlers there and in nearby berkeley, ca have got to be the smartest and most educated panhandlers in the country and a lot of them, and people with minimal jobs who are not doing much better, are often geeks

also, did you know that a person with a master's degree is more likely to make much more than the average PhD (ultimate geek degree)?

society does not generally reward geeks, girls still shun them, and the life of a geek is often a very lonely existence

but the years from 97-99 was a string of years where the geek shined, but when the rest of the world realized that many of these geek dot.coms, which were once as pentiful as weeds, never made a profit, the big bubble popped

the only other time geekdom seemed popular was in the 80s when revenge of the nerds came out...most of you won't remember that since it was before a lot of you were born:p

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 05:18 PM
http://www.angelfire.com/music4/booplistonline/petey.jpg

al gore

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 05:22 PM
Dammit jef, we were having a fine discussion about sex and you had to come in and ruin it with your geek talk.

Harumph!

jefhatfield
Feb 21, 2003, 05:24 PM
Dammit jef, we were having a fine discussion about sex and you had to come in and ruin it with your geek talk.

Harumph!

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 05:34 PM

Harumph!

if al gore were president, maybe we could get him to illegalize all forms of sex.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 05:40 PM
I don't know, Al Gored would probably be no different than Mini-Bush, I'd like to see somebody like S&Mcain in there, then we'd really have some action!

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 05:51 PM
I don't know, Al Gored would probably be no different than Mini-Bush, I'd like to see somebody like S&Mcain in there, then we'd really have some action!

isn't he all libertarian? wouldn't he just legalize drugs? but hey, that works. then we could laugh at all the addicts who stop taking drugs because it's not any fun anymore. i'd still resent that they've had all this fun for so long, and here i've been clean and straight all these years, and i'm already legal, so i missed the bus on that too :rolleyes: :mad:

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 05:58 PM
that said, we need an authoritarian moralist with his/her hand hand up his/her/someone else's arse. that would make life exciting and illicit for everyone but the most acquiescent and submissive of us. and they don't want to have fun anyway.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 06:13 PM
I don't know about the submissive poeple, if you know your classic dominant/submissive postitions, then the submissives have the real power and control.
The dominants just think they do.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=258478

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 06:45 PM
I don't know about the submissive poeple, if you know your classic dominant/submissive postitions, then the submissives have the real power and control.
The dominants just think they do.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=258478

ah, some of them. but an arrangement like this would just empower them more, from that perspective :p

Doctor Q
Feb 21, 2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
the "successful" people in society are the more focused, but less academically gifted individuals You must be right, jef, because we MacRumors members are obviously all gifted, and look at how the focus of this thread wanders. Our advanced minds simply can't limit themselves to one topic at a time.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 07:04 PM
You must be right, jef, because we MacRumors members are obviously all gifted, and look at how the focus of this thread wanders. Our advanced minds simply can't limit themselves to one topic at a time.

i resent that. vniow and i are scrupulously resoving the sexual aspect of the definitions of geek and nerd. you're just too narrow-minded to see that :eek: ;) :D

Sun Baked
Feb 21, 2003, 07:07 PM
You must be right, jef, because we MacRumors members are obviously all gifted, and look at how the focus of this thread wanders. Our advanced minds simply can't limit themselves to one topic at a time. Some would call that a sign of unrestrained scatterbrains rampaging through the forums...

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 07:26 PM
To me a geek is someone that has above average intelligence. They are wrapped up in technology, computers, MacRumors :D , etc.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 07:29 PM
Did someone say restraints?http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251585

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 08:51 PM
why not remane this thread the "geek sex and other crap" thread?
This is WAYYYY off topic now, what does sex have to do with the average geek?
Geeks don't really like to discuss sex and stuff like that...right?
Steve's a genius and so is Gates-but hey at least they have attractive wives.
As for me, I want Gore because he's a democrat and so is Steve Jobs (i think).
I want a PhD in computer science one day :)
my mom wants to make me a lawyer :mad:

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 08:59 PM
I think that this thread should be named "The Geek Thread" or "The Official Geek Thread" How about that? :D

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 09:18 PM
what about the official geek sex thread?

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 09:22 PM
Yeah, lol. :D

Sun Baked
Feb 21, 2003, 09:22 PM
How about the "Official Wasteland Odorant" thread?

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 09:24 PM
ubergeek - I am guessing that your sig was inspired by this thread, right?

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by MacFan25
Yeah, lol. :D
*innocent look* but i was just joking...;)

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 09:38 PM
ubergeek - I am guessing that your sig was inspired by this thread, right?
Yah it was. It was what I said before, with some modifications.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Sun Baked
How about the "Official Wasteland Odorant" thread?

I think Sun Baked is just horny. (http://www.gregthebunny.org/audio/vision.wav)

Doctor Q
Feb 21, 2003, 10:14 PM
I think that this thread should be named "The Geek Thread" or "The Official Geek Thread" How about that?Wow! A thread for official geeks? How can I become an "official geek" instead of a regular geek? Do you have to take a test?

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:17 PM
Maybe we will have to create the official MacRumors Geek Test. ;) :D

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:22 PM
I think Sun Baked is just horny. (http://www.gregthebunny.org/audio/vision.wav)
you watch greg the bunny?

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:26 PM
Maybe we will have to create the official MacRumors Geek Test. ;) :D
anyone care to make one?

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:29 PM
only a geek would make one. ;) :D

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:30 PM
you watch greg the bunny?

is that show still on?

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 10:32 PM
They cancelled it.

********.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=259055

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:39 PM
They cancelled it.

********.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=259055
Damn! i never got around to watching it...

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:39 PM
I never saw it.

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:40 PM
I hate whenever networks cancel good shows.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 10:40 PM
I want a PhD in computer science one day :)
my mom wants to make me a lawyer :mad:

a pretty huge what?

lol, being a lawyer is being the equivalent of that, i must admit.

i also think you have issues if you make comparisons between Steve and Gore, even if they are both democrats.:eek: :D ;)

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:41 PM
a pretty huge what?

lol, being a lawyer is being the equivalent of that, i must admit.

i also think you have issues if you make comparisons between Steve and Gore, even if they are both democrats.:eek: :D ;)
Well okay I have issues, I'm noy the only one.
A lawyer?! Are you nuts?
Well my mom is nuts she wants me to work at the law firm of preston gates (http://www.prestongates.com).
and if you were a geek you'd know that bill gates' father is one of the naming partners :rolleyes:

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:43 PM
A PhD would be very nice to have. It may be a little geeky, but what the hell...I'm already a geek. :D Maybe I should get a PhD someday to compliment my geekiness. :D

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:45 PM
ubergeek - aren't you like 14 and in college or something?

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:47 PM
ubergeek - aren't you like 14 and in college or something?
so? well not exactly...see my profile.

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:49 PM
william gates (http://www.prestongates.com/meetpge/wGates.asp)
i forgot to include this in my previous post.

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:52 PM
so? well not exactly...see my profile.

that's good that you are a part-time college student - you must be very smart.

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:54 PM
william gates (http://www.prestongates.com/meetpge/wGates.asp)
i forgot to include this in my previous post.

william gates law firm - lol :D

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 10:54 PM
A lawyer?! Are you nuts?

yes, but you would be too with a PhD. and, macfan25, a PhD is can bring great pleasure to many a woman, even if you are a geek.

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:55 PM
william gates law firm - lol :D
i'm entirely serious!~! imagine a total mac user like me going to work for the law firm that bill gates father founded!!!
preston gates (http://www.prestongates.com) is one of seattle's oldest and most prominent law firms i think.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 10:56 PM
a PhD is can bring great pleasure to many a woman, even if you are a geek.

Ahhhh......back to the sex.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251618

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:57 PM
Ahhhh......back to the sex.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251618
yay!

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:57 PM
yes, but you would be too with a PhD. and, macfan25, a PhD is can bring great pleasure to many a woman, even if you are a geek.

Looks like I'm getting a PhD then. ;) :D

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 10:58 PM

I missed out on this last night. :p

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 10:59 PM
Looks like I'm getting a PhD then. ;) :D
nooooo i find that guys working for their BS in computer science doing part time work at Apple or an Apple Store is so sexy-that doesn't include my boyfriend though ;)

vniow
I missed out on this last night. :p

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=255734

shadowfax

figured i'd start early, as i have to go to sleep in an hour :(

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:00 PM
oh noo not this again...

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:01 PM
nooooo i find that guys working for their BS in computer science doing part time work at Apple or an Apple Store is so sexy-that doesn't include my boyfriend though ;)

is your boyfried ibookin@mwny?

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:01 PM
figured i'd start early, as i have to go to sleep in an hour :(

Awwwww.......busy day tomorrow?http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=252654

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:02 PM
Why? Last time I checked not since last week. Oh wait. maybe.
Boyfried? Oookay...

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:03 PM
Awwwww.......busy day tomorrow?http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=252654

yeah, and no sex then to make it all the worse. have to compete in improv at destination imagination :rolleyes: . ah well. one day in 365....

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:03 PM
didnt you have on your old sig something about him and being your boyfriend or something like that?

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:04 PM
yeah, and no sex then to make it all the worse. have to compete in improv at destination imagination :rolleyes: . ah well. one day in 365....
well then masturbate for peace (http://www.masturbateforpeace.com) instead.
Um well (josh don't kill me later) he's not my bf anymore ;) he is going for a BS in computer science but he doesn't work at apple :(

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:04 PM

oh boy, what am i getting myself into?!?:D

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:05 PM
Um well (josh don't kill me later) he's not my bf anymore ;) he is going for a BS in computer science but he doesn't work at apple :(

thats an odd site. :p

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:06 PM

Boys can be fried?

How do you like them, deep, chicken or natural?

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:07 PM
Boys can be fried?

How do you like them, deep, chicken or natural?
deeep deeep fried.

shadowfax

well, this is why i don't masturbate. (http://www.walksf.org/images/rememberthekittens.jpg)

MacFan25
boyFRIEND** is what i meant

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:09 PM
boyFRIEND** is what i meant

lol. well my boyfriend is gonna get fried if he doesn't go online soon. :mad:

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:10 PM

http://oracle9.net/funnypics/5.jpg

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:11 PM
remember, kids...

beat you

i was first inclined to say "great minds think alike, but then... ;) i guess i am cold blooded. another reason not to masturbate.

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:12 PM
pretty funny :D

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:13 PM
sorry shadowfax, but vniow beat you to it

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:14 PM
sorry shadowfax, but vniow beat you to it

better check again ;)

well, this is why i don't masturbate. (http://www.walksf.org/images/rememberthekittens.jpg)

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:15 PM
well who cares? personally i want vniow to beat shadow ;)

MacFan25
so..what should we talk about??

vniow
beat you

Yeah, you found the pic before I did.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=252654

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:16 PM

i do too, actually :eek:

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:17 PM

Damn, I was hoping you'd join me in a catfight.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:18 PM
so..what should we talk about??

SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:19 PM
i do too, actually :eek:

Is having a girl dominate over you a turn on?

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:20 PM
Is having a girl dominate over you a turn on?

never tried it. does it turn you on?

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:23 PM
never tried it. does it turn you on?

Well, I'm a lesbian so either way a girl is the dominant.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:24 PM
Well, I'm a lesbian so either way a girl is the dominant.

i know, but i am saying, which do you prefer?

and i thought you swung both ways ;)

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:25 PM

You know I'm not old enough to work for Apple.
I wish I was...:(

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:25 PM
Hey im back

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:26 PM

I wonder if über will answer this...

:D :p :cool: :) :p

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:26 PM
oops..i think i need to make my avatar bigger lol

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:27 PM
oops..i think i need to make my avatar bigger lol

and that PhD :eek:

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:27 PM
Hey im back

Ooohh...avatar!

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:28 PM
yep...i think that I will do some things tommorow to it. make it bigger

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:29 PM

Depends on the mood I guess.

and i thought you swung both ways ;)

Only for sparkelytone.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=258478

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:31 PM
Only for sparkelytone.http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=258478

lol. sensible. guess i'll stick with my avatar and a glass of milk :D

MacFan25
Feb 21, 2003, 11:32 PM
well im going to go

good night :D

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:34 PM
well im going to go

Why not stay? I for one want to see more of how this thread is going.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:34 PM
Yo, check out my new desktop.

http://www.macsnaps.com/snaps/screengrab/1045891469.jpg

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:35 PM
lol. sensible. guess i'll stick with my avatar and a glass of milk :D

I don't know, I could be swayed for someone besides sparkely I guess............

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:36 PM
well im going to go

http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=252654http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=252654http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=252654

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:38 PM
Yo, check out my new desktop.

DOMO!!!

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:38 PM
mine :rolleyes: lol

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:41 PM
This has got to be the ultimate http://www.rx7club.com/forum/images/smilies/spam.gif thread, two members get avatars and I http://www.rx7club.com/forum/images/smilies/spam.gif med my way past (http://forums.macrumors.com/memberlist.php?s=&action=getall&what=topposters&ltr=&perpage=10&orderby=posts&ausername=&homepage=&icq=&aim=&yahoo=&joindateafter=&joindatebefore=&lastpostafter=&lastpostbefore=&postslower=&postsupper=&direction=DESC&pagenumber=2) the now retired Durandal7 in posts!http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:42 PM
cool two ppl got avatars because of this thread...macfan25 and me ;)
well josh i know that very well and i hate you because of it. kiss kiss.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:42 PM
This has got to be the ultimate http://www.rx7club.com/forum/images/smilies/spam.gif thread, two members get avatars and I http://www.rx7club.com/forum/images/smilies/spam.gif med my way past (http://forums.macrumors.com/memberlist.php?s=&action=getall&what=topposters&ltr=&perpage=10&orderby=posts&ausername=&homepage=&icq=&aim=&yahoo=&joindateafter=&joindatebefore=&lastpostafter=&lastpostbefore=&postslower=&postsupper=&direction=DESC&pagenumber=2) the now retired Durandal7 in posts!http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=251718

lol.. all of about 5 active people, along with snide comments by sun baked.

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:43 PM

No no, too sexy!

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:44 PM

This is evolution of the thread:

The Definition of a Geek-->The Geek Sex Thread-->The Desktop Thread

Not that I'm complaining, though.:D

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:45 PM
No no, too sexy!

only see it once every 20 minutes, for a minute, as i have it going through a library of 20 pics. took that snap myself the other day, that is the best expression from that movie, when shu lien picks up that big metal thing and drops it *snicker*.

shadowfax
This is evolution of the thread:

The Definition of a Geek-->The Geek Sex Thread-->The Desktop Thread

Not that I'm complaining, though.:D

oh, we're still on sex!

ibookin'
No no, too sexy!

To sexy for vniow?

I never thought I'd see the day.;)

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:46 PM
oh, we're still on sex!

Damn! Now I need a flowchart for this thing!

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:47 PM
To sexy for vniow?

I never thought I'd see the day.;)
what the...
wait josh i thought you were too stupid to know what a flowchart was...

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:48 PM
No no, too sexy!

from As Good As it Gets
Damn, i overshot, i was aiming at just enough to keep you here!

something like that ;)

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:50 PM
what the...
wait josh i thought you were too stupid to know what a flowchart was...

Wrong quote in that post.

Now who's stupid?!

Huh?
Huh?

j/k;)

ibookin'
Feb 21, 2003, 11:53 PM
2 Minutes without a post...?

Where is everyone?

janey
Feb 21, 2003, 11:55 PM
Wrong quote in that post.

Now who's stupid?!

Huh?
Huh?

j/k;)
first i was talking about the quote then i noticed your second post.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:56 PM
2 Minutes without a post...?

Where is everyone?

getting another DVD snap.

vniow:
the plot thickens:

vniow
Feb 21, 2003, 11:57 PM
Sorry, I was out. I had to take a shower.
I thought of you.
All of you.

With bananna colored iBrators.

And I gotta go again. Damn. Back in a bit.

shadowfax
Feb 21, 2003, 11:59 PM
I thought of you.
All of you.

gonna get a bite, myself. not going to bed, i guess i lied :rolleyes:

janey
Feb 22, 2003, 12:02 AM
friggin fever of 104.
gonna go...kiss kiss josh

ibookin'
Feb 22, 2003, 12:03 AM
I thought of you.
All of you.

Did we really need to know that?

janey
Feb 22, 2003, 12:04 AM
Did we really need to know that?
do you really need to say that?

ibookin'
Feb 22, 2003, 12:04 AM
friggin fever of 104.
gonna go...kiss kiss josh

Thanks.

But do you really have to go? The thread won't be the same without you...;)

janey
Feb 22, 2003, 12:05 AM
Thanks.

But do you really have to go? The thread won't be the same without you...;)
don't be silly i meant tonight.

vniow
yes

ibookin'
do you really need to say that?

Can't... delete... post...

ARGHHHHH!!!!

janey
Feb 22, 2003, 12:08 AM
Can't... delete... post...

ARGHHHHH!!!!
lol in iChat you're completely rational and cool (right now) and on MR you're stupid...

ibookin'
Feb 22, 2003, 12:13 AM
lol in iChat you're completely rational and cool (right now) and on MR you're stupid...

Maybe I have multiple internet personality disorder.

Sun Baked
Feb 22, 2003, 12:14 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=158571 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=169551 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=170612 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=178911 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=188427 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=228479 http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?postid=255734

shadowfax
Feb 22, 2003, 12:15 AM
yes what?