PDA

View Full Version : sims vs wc3 vs c3

fatties
Jun 1, 2006, 04:46 PM
ok so macbook nearly in hand, time to think of a game to 'invest'. on my pc i sort of floated between wc3 (which i really liked but was really bad at and never ever got past that funny stage where 1/2 of them went somewhere and the other 1/2... well didn't) sims 2 (which i got bored and annoyed of being a meglomaniac quite quickly, also didn't run well and got annoywed of that) and c3 (liked that, but i prefered wc3). now i have been following the threads closely, and though i'd like to invest in c4- won't play, and wow sounds great (but not sure if i want to 'team up' with other people or whatever you do on an online game) i've come to the conclusion that may be i should just rebuy a game (none of my friends think playing games' cool and they don't have macs anyway).

now since wc3 has mixed reviews on how it works i am a bit hesitant on repurchasing something that will royalling p*** me off if it is slow, ugly or sound ugly, but i like it best, should i risk all and buy a spanking new copy (i have lost the key to my pc copy anyway) or should i buy c3 or sims2 with a patch.

or does anyway have a good game for the macbook that is like wc3 (ie killing people in a sort of civilized manner, no close up etc), runs native and is easy to learn?

i know the mb isn't made for serious gaming, but i just want a little fun. thats allowed isn't it?

thank you so so much!:)

Patmian212
Jun 1, 2006, 04:59 PM
Assuming c3 is civilization complete. I would buy that cuz now it comes with both expansions in one package and runs great EVEN under rossetta without the patch. Also has an immense replayability factor. Cant go wrong with Civ3 even though Civ2 was always my favorite.

Jsmit
Jun 1, 2006, 05:08 PM
You should find that you WC3 CD is a hybrid CD, meaning it has both the PC and Mac versions on it. So you should be able to play that one without re-buying it.

Miguey
Jun 3, 2006, 01:08 PM
ok so macbook nearly in hand, time to think of a game to 'invest'. on my pc i sort of floated between wc3 (which i really liked but was really bad at and never ever got past that funny stage where 1/2 of them went somewhere and the other 1/2... well didn't) sims 2 (which i got bored and annoyed of being a meglomaniac quite quickly, also didn't run well and got annoywed of that) and c3 (liked that, but i prefered wc3). now i have been following the threads closely, and though i'd like to invest in c4- won't play, and wow sounds great (but not sure if i want to 'team up' with other people or whatever you do on an online game) i've come to the conclusion that may be i should just rebuy a game (none of my friends think playing games' cool and they don't have macs anyway).

now since wc3 has mixed reviews on how it works i am a bit hesitant on repurchasing something that will royalling p*** me off if it is slow, ugly or sound ugly, but i like it best, should i risk all and buy a spanking new copy (i have lost the key to my pc copy anyway) or should i buy c3 or sims2 with a patch.

or does anyway have a good game for the macbook that is like wc3 (ie killing people in a sort of civilized manner, no close up etc), runs native and is easy to learn?

i know the mb isn't made for serious gaming, but i just want a little fun. thats allowed isn't it?

thank you so so much!:)

if you liked warcraft 3, then you may like starcraft...its cheap and just similar to warcraft...build units and attack the other person...however they do not have the hero build option...nor the items...i still say go for it however.