PDA

View Full Version : WoW advice?

calebjohnston
Jun 4, 2006, 07:18 PM
I haven't played WoW yet, but will be getting it tomorrow. I want to make a rogue, but haven't decided on a race yet. Preferably alliance, but I'l go with horde if there's a reason to.

Any suggestions?

scem0
Jun 4, 2006, 07:40 PM
My advice is to quit before you start.

But if I must give you useful advice:

Alliance tends to suck. You'll have more fun playing horde, especially in pvp.

e

iGary
Jun 4, 2006, 07:41 PM
There is a reason it is called World of Warcrack.

We'll be doing an intervention in a month...

Moshiiii
Jun 4, 2006, 07:43 PM
Stay away from MMORPG's unless you have a large amount of time to play. Wow also gets very boring and repetative fast.

Gasu E.
Jun 5, 2006, 08:57 AM
I haven't played WoW yet, but will be getting it tomorrow. I want to make a rogue, but haven't decided on a race yet. Preferably alliance, but I'l go with horde if there's a reason to.

Any suggestions?

Rogues are hugely fun to play. For that reason, though there is a surplus of them (on my server, at least). As you get into the game, you will want to team up with other players to run "instances" (dungeons). Doing this requires balanced teams. It's tougher to get into these with rogues (or hunters, another popular class). On the other hand, good healers, especially priests, are always in demand (druids are a good alternative). Warriors are also always needed as "tanks", although there are more of them around. So it depends on what you are looking for. I've played several classes and sneaking around as a rogue is really fun (especially coming out of nowhere to whack someone). But if you want to be able to play the higher-level instances whenever you want, I'd recommend a priest. An the other end, priests don't get to whack much.