PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3: Windows or Mac..?

Shadowspirit6
Jun 4, 2006, 08:01 PM
I was just reading the OpenGL information on the Apple website, it said that OpenGL is supported in OS X (i beleive). Doom 3 is a graphic demanding game. Though as on windows , doom 3 uses Direct X( i dont really know any info on Direct X). As im trying to say Would you get more out of Doom 3 on OS X or Windows XP?

ps.excuse me if i said any wrong information.:D

ReanimationLP
Jun 4, 2006, 09:22 PM
I was just reading the OpenGL information on the Apple website, it said that OpenGL is supported in OS X (i beleive). Doom 3 is a graphic demanding game. Though as on windows , doom 3 uses Direct X( i dont really know any info on Direct X). As im trying to say Would you get more out of Doom 3 on OS X or Windows XP?

ps.excuse me if i said any wrong information.:D

Doom 3 uses OpenGL. You'll get a few more FPS on Windows, but not too much. Aspyr is rapidly closing the gap between the two platforms.

FragTek
Jun 4, 2006, 09:25 PM
As stated above you would get a few more FPS in Windows but you're going to sacrifice audio quality in Windows unless you're using USB speakers/headphones or you actually use the onboard speakers all of the time.

Personally I'd much rather sacrifice a few measly FPS for fullbore sound under OS X.

gekko513
Jun 4, 2006, 09:35 PM
And with the OS X version you don't have to boot into Windows to play.