Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

garzy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2002
i already have some scratches on my new powerbook (on the light up apple, metal battery latch, etc) does this stuff remove scratches? will it polish and protect the case? can i use anything else to remove scratches?????

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
dunno about iklear, i use brasso and it works well... you just gently rub some on the surface, wait for it to dry, then wipe it off. may take repeat applications, and doesn't work on the worst scratches. use it on my iPod all the time, i think it would work on the softer plastic just as well...

pnw

garzy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 21, 2002
where do you get that stuff? it really removes scratches?

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
iKlear is for plastics, and it is really just a polish, hardly removes anything but very light scratches.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
brasso is actually a metal polish, i think it's a very mild abrasive. it buffs out the scratches. You can get it at any home depot type store, i know walmart also carries it. look for it in the cleaning section.

cheap, too. $3.

it's actually the stuff sometimes sold as CD-scratch remover, they give you a little bottle to buff out the scratches and a "plastic sealant" that's probably just water--

:)

pnw

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I bougth iKlear ar MYNY02 and It's great. Apple sells it in thier stores but only the wipes version not the bottle liek I got. Maybe there webpage will have it....

blackpeter

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2001
Actually, AppleStores sell both the travel wipes and the bottle kits w/ a microfiver cloth. iKlear is a pretty good product. (especially for removing the keyboard stains on PowerBooks and iBooks)

puffmarvin

macrumors member
Dec 29, 2001
NY
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
I bougth iKlear ar MYNY02 and It's great. Apple sells it in thier stores but only the wipes version not the bottle liek I got. Maybe there webpage will have it....

the apple store over at roosevelt field has the bottles of iklear.... i thought you would know this lime since youre always there ;)

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
i only have been to the menlo park one latley, but I didnt see the bottles there, only the travel wipes. I still have free ones from MWNY02 hee hee

SoonToGetAMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2003
California
Originally posted by LimeiBook86
i only have been to the menlo park one latley, but I didnt see the bottles there, only the travel wipes. I still have free ones from MWNY02 hee hee

You mean Palo Alto, I assume. Unless there is some hidden Apple Store under Safeway or something...;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.