PDA

View Full Version : Got my Gamecube over the weekend

atari1356
Jun 5, 2006, 11:00 AM
I ordered a used Gamecube off of Ebay and it was waiting for me when I got home from work on Friday - so I had a fun weekend. :D I know I'm late to the party with this thing... but the good thing is that most games for it are pretty cheap now.

It came with:

Zelda: The Windwaker (playing through this now, I love the graphics... I'd like to see more games with cel shading.)

Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (I've heard this is great, but I'll come back to it later - after I finish the Windwaker)

Metroid Prime (looks great)

Mario Sunshine (can't really get into this so far... the premise and controls seem kind of odd, I'll give it another shot later though)

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (not the type of game I'd typically buy for myself, but after watching the intro I'm excited to try it out)

Gameboy Player - I don't own any Gameboy games, and don't plan on buying any so this is going up on Ebay (or traded in at EB Games)

I also picked up Super Smash Bros Melee and a Wavebird wireless controller from the store yesterday. I've only been able to play that for a few minutes so far but it looks really fun.

Eventually I'll pick up Mario Kart Double Dash and Resident Evil 4.

Are there any decent magazines that have game demos for the Gamecube?

Haoshiro
Jun 5, 2006, 11:15 AM
Wow, sounds like you got a great package!

cyberdogl2
Jun 5, 2006, 11:32 AM
All great titles! How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking.

jalagl
Jun 5, 2006, 11:44 AM
Congrats on your purchase! Great deal!

I recently convinced a friend to get one... he did, along with Super Mario Strikers, SSBM, Mario Kart and 4 wavebirds... we've had a blast for the last month!

Great purchase!!

GFLPraxis
Jun 5, 2006, 12:00 PM
Oh, you're going to have some serious fun there. Go pick up a second Wavebird and get a friend over for Smash Bros.

atari1356
Jun 5, 2006, 12:31 PM
All great titles! How much did you end up paying if you don't mind me asking.

After shipping the total was $125... not bad considering a new gamecube is $99. It also had 1 standard controller, memory card (not sure what capacity) and a carrying case. Totally worth it, and I'll be able to keep the games for when the Wii comes out.

Dagless
Jun 5, 2006, 12:36 PM
You've got a lot of fun ahead of you :)

On a similar note I'm thinking about buying a 2nd hand Cube and a Wavebird or 2 for when I go to my parents place in Poland. save carrying round my original Cube!

student_trap
Jun 5, 2006, 02:12 PM
i bought my cube a few weeks ago, its awesome, definitely get mario kart DD and mario smash football (i think it has a different name in the US), and SSBM. Fantastic games. And they are all pretty cheap now too.

Enjoy your new system

DougTheImpaler
Jun 5, 2006, 02:18 PM
Mario Smash Football = Mario Strikers

I agree with the OP in terms of Mario Sunshine...I didn't care for it at all. Lots of other people disagree with me on that one though.

jdechko
Jun 5, 2006, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I second Super Mario Strikers/Mario Smash Football (depending on which side of the pond you're on). It's way fun. Like Soccer + Smash Brothers.

Mike Teezie
Jun 5, 2006, 02:28 PM
I loved Stirkers. To my friends and me, the most fun was playing 4p vs. the computer on the hardest difficulty.

You get the droid team after winning the first cup. Laying out Peach's entire team with cold, calculating robot precision was priceless.

Tons of good fun, that game.

jdechko
Jun 5, 2006, 02:33 PM
@ Mike, I really liked playing 1v3 and taking out all of my friends. I think it's a lot easier to play/coordinate the players with only 1 player on the team. But it is my second favorite multiplayer on the cube behind smash bros.

BubbaJones
Jun 5, 2006, 03:49 PM
Make sure you get TimeSplitters 2 as well. Great co-op FPS.

interlaced
Jun 5, 2006, 03:51 PM
Wow, great deal! I love my gamecube! Old roommates and I love to get together and play Mario Party. That's about the extent of my playing as I'm not very much into anything else besides Mario. :p

student_trap
Jun 6, 2006, 08:53 AM
Make sure you get TimeSplitters 2 as well. Great co-op FPS.

I have timesplitters 1 on ps2, is it better on the cube, coz i was thinking about picking up the sequel for the 1 player mode

calebjohnston
Jun 6, 2006, 09:20 AM
Mario Sunshine isn't too bad if I remember right. It's nothing spectacular, but it will keep you busy.

Caitlyn
Jun 6, 2006, 03:45 PM
Yeah, nice package. My brother has a Gamecube and I play it once in a blue moon for those classic Mario games! :p