PDA

View Full Version : The Worst Games..

2nyRiggz
Jun 5, 2006, 04:25 PM
I started thinking about those bad games that make you want to puke....and to think..you spent money on these games and they suck more than madam Jinx on 139th street.

This is for EVERY system....

Frogger(hate em all)
Coded Arms(can't believe i spent $39.00 on this)
Mario Bros 2
Joust
Conan

Just to name a few.....whats your take?

Bless

AJ Muni
Jun 5, 2006, 04:27 PM
Madden 06 for Sony PSP. Such anticipation for such a buggy, crappy game.

GFLPraxis
Jun 5, 2006, 04:31 PM
Mario Bros 2 is a good game, just not as good as any of the others in the series. It's better than a lot of other NES games at the time however, so I wouldn't call it the worst.

Anyway, worst DS game by far: King Kong. I wrote a review on that hideous game. DON'T BUY IT. It's horrid. Worst game I've ever played.

2nyRiggz
Jun 5, 2006, 04:37 PM
I don't know what i was thinking about buying coded arms but it almost made me throw my PSP out the window.....i hate that freaking game.

I really hated Mario bros 2......hated the music(i can hear it now) i almost brought it for my GBA SP(the super mario advance thing got confusing) yea but that wasn't the game for me i gave it away.

Bless

Dagless
Jun 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
I dunno, I'll come back to this when I've got an actual list but for now...

the worst games I own, or the least played at least-

Bomberman DS- great for multiplayer, absolutely fantastic infact. Just bad singleplayer
Timesplitters 3- ouch. They took what was good in TS2, removed it and made it an EA game.
Street Fighter Alpha 3 PSP- No. Let down so much by the PSP screen. unplayable.
Lemmings PSP- This was not meant to exist.
Eternal Darkness- Started off good but didn't hold me.
Any 3D Sonic- Should not exist in 3D.

harveypooka
Jun 5, 2006, 04:55 PM
One game my mate showed me was 'Land of the Dead - Road to Fiddlers Green'. It was kind of like the game developers just thought the concept was hilarious or/and boring. You were a hill-billy type character that moved through a variety of locations from a hospital, the city to sewers in the most inane and pointless fashion. The puzzles were as complex as finding a switch for a door. 50 times. NEVER BUY THIS GAME.

GFLPraxis
Jun 5, 2006, 05:34 PM
Any 3D Sonic- Should not exist in 3D.

Sonic Adventure 2 was enjoyable.

The rest were not.

yippy
Jun 5, 2006, 05:40 PM
Biggest waste of money for me was Kindom Hearts. The game had some potential in the game play but Disney ruined it. The worst part was the ending, a decent build up and then the most anti-climactic, cheesiest, lame ending ever.

MacRumorUser
Jun 5, 2006, 05:43 PM
Eternal Darkness- Started off good but didn't hold me.

Sacrilege!! Up there with Res 4 in my book :)

Worst games.

The Transformers - Commodore 64 Destroyed my childhood ! Only next years movie can restore my love...
Ape Escape on the loose - PSP Japan - Just plain CRAP !
Pro Evolution Soccer 4 & 5 - I cant stand football, so what posseses me to buy the game just because it gets a great review. Dick head!!!
Digimon Rumble Arena 2 - Xbox I thought it would be a good smash brother style game for the xbox, I was drastically wrong....
Mario Baseball - Gmecube Worst Mario game EVER !! EVER EVER!!

risc
Jun 5, 2006, 05:44 PM
NHL 2K6 on 360
Nintendogs on DS
Tron 2.0 on OS X

Those are the 3 games that stand out in my mind as "WTF was that?".

edit: Just noticed we are going back to the C= 64 days. In that case Impossible Mission "Stay a while... stay forever!".

risc
Jun 5, 2006, 05:46 PM
Mario Baseball - Gmecube Worst Mario game EVER !! EVER EVER!!

I really liked that game have to say I hated Mario Golf (or whatever it was called).

Chaszmyr
Jun 5, 2006, 05:49 PM
Joust?! No way! And I agree with one of the above posters, Mario 2 was a good game, just not as good as the others.

My vote is for Chopper Attack for N64. I literally tried to give this game away after I bought it, and none of my friends would take it.

MacRumorUser
Jun 5, 2006, 05:50 PM
I really liked that game have to say I hated Mario Golf (or whatever it was called).

That's alright then - we can just balance each other out - I love Mario Golf :D

srobert
Jun 5, 2006, 05:55 PM
I would say 99% of the movie based games sharing a release date with said movie…

… and E.T.

Patmian212
Jun 5, 2006, 06:00 PM
Midnight madness-ps2- Bad graphics and plain not fun
X2 The Threat- WAYYYYY to complicated
Medal Of Honor Frontline: No where as good as its conterparts on pc/mac

Dagless
Jun 5, 2006, 06:03 PM
I would say 99% of the movie based games sharing a release date with said movie…

… and E.T.

100% of movie based games, with the exception of Goldeneye ;) I don't think I've ever kept a movie based game.

One more. Burnout on the PSP. Ouch. I'd love to know why the PSP version costs more than the Xbox version, with the Xbox walking over the PSP in every damn aspect (except portability).

GFLPraxis
Jun 5, 2006, 06:04 PM
Biggest waste of money for me was Kindom Hearts. The game had some potential in the game play but Disney ruined it. The worst part was the ending, a decent build up and then the most anti-climactic, cheesiest, lame ending ever.

The ending was so the sequel could continue.

Don't blaspheme against Kingdom Hearts :p

Miguey
Jun 5, 2006, 07:42 PM
The Lords of The Realms III for PC..absolutely horrible IMO....

so was shadowgate 64 for n64...i hated it soo much,..

saunders45
Jun 5, 2006, 07:59 PM
Metal Gear Solid 2. Completely ruined the franchise for me. I swear, it was written by drug addicts, or people in a a mental hospital.

Alien vs. Predator for the SNES. It was like playing freakin Streets of Rage. (Which was cool by the way)

TMNT for NES. Enough said.

7on
Jun 5, 2006, 09:05 PM
These games

DevilDog
Jun 5, 2006, 10:02 PM
Just to start: RE4 was an amazing game.

But both Starfox's for the cube were a let down... the first was just stupid and the second I thought was going to be amazing because they made it sound like it took them 3 years to make when it kind of was sucky...

Anything made by EA.

Kingdom Hearts for the GBA Blows.

Polarium for the DS is like any simple internet game.

DDR Mario Mix.

I like Asphalt Urban GT, but I just wish they would have put the camera higher so that you could actually see in front of the car.

AppleinJapan
Jun 5, 2006, 10:31 PM
The matrix game for the gamecube.....it crashed on my GC three times in less than an hour so I never played it again........something to do with the memory stack and a heap of code appeared on the screen...

Anyone want it for free ?

Ringo
Jun 5, 2006, 10:31 PM
CD-i Zelda game! all of 'em (we should buy every copy of these game, burn them and then use some gadget from Men In Black to flash them out of our memory)
Mario lost in time(or something like that)
Myth 3 : the wolf age (I was really disappointed)
That jurassic park game on SNES with top view... never understood a thing from this game...(ok... i was young and couldn't understand english but still...)
The superman game on n64!

And a bunch of other!

DevilDog
Jun 6, 2006, 12:08 AM
Dude! That Jurassic Park for the SNES kicked A**!!! Me and my bros would rent it back in the day and leave the SNES on for days because you couldn't save the game. There wwere even parts that were FPS!!! on an SNES!!! It was pretty cool. I actually think we bought it now that they're so cheap...

Palad1
Jun 6, 2006, 02:32 AM
Conan

Conan? As in Conan, the halls of volta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conan:_Hall_of_Volta)?

Come on! That's a classic!

Well, most hated game: any prince of persia, warrior within. What did they do to the Prince!

steelfist
Jun 6, 2006, 02:40 AM
sorry to be rude, but all of ea games are crap?

many of the sports games are great,

and generals was a great game for me.

kretzy
Jun 6, 2006, 02:56 AM
I didn't really like Bomber Man 64 or Mario - The Lost Levels on SNES.

HiRez
Jun 6, 2006, 03:46 AM
JoustBah...one of my favorite games of all time (gotta be the actual arcade version though).

The worst video game of all time is clearly E.T. The Extra Terrestrial for the Atari 2600 and whatever is #2 is not even close (although Ringo mentioned Superman 64, which would be up there on the list).

MacRumorUser
Jun 6, 2006, 04:19 AM
CD-i Zelda game! all of 'em (we should buy every copy of these game, burn them and then use some gadget from Men In Black to flash them out of our memory)!

I sadly was the only kid in my school who was bought a CDI. I actually thought the Zelda games on it were good (at the time) but that's simply because everything else on it was so dire :)

Everybody often quotes the E.T games as the worst game, but since it sold very badly - how can the majortiy of these people have even played it? They have just read of it's legend...

I have played but simply cant remember it, so I didn't include it on my list.

Smallville
Jun 6, 2006, 05:14 AM
http://www.nintendocity.com/pictures/nes_cart_scans/darkwing_duck.jpg

Dagless
Jun 6, 2006, 05:24 AM
sorry to be rude, but all of ea games are crap?

many of the sports games are great,

and generals was a great game for me.

The only EA game I've found any enjoyment in was Burnout 3. Even then I couldn't play for any extended amount of time. It HURT my soul.

Without the music Turrican 3 would be at the bottom of the bin (download OST here if you want, its good (http://satansam.co.uk/music/turrican.zip)). the series saw 2 previous games that were on par with Metroid, METROID! It was grand, epic and looked better than Metroid. But 3 crapped all over that with a linear, short and tired game. Apparently we're supposed to blame another developer but still Factor 5 ported it to the Amiga.

Greendog on the Mega Drive was a little sad. But I tried hard enough to complete it.

Starfox Adventures. Signs of a titan falling. I begged a mate to borrow this. Eep.

MacRumorUser
Jun 6, 2006, 05:44 AM
Starfox Adventures. Signs of a titan falling. I begged a mate to borrow this. Eep.

OK so i'm the only one who loves Starfox Adventures :D I thought it was great from start to finish. Worst RARE game Ive ever played was Conkers Bad Fur Day on the Xbox. (but I thought the N64 version was a bit lame too)
I just wish we would see Banjo Kazooie 3 (is that a rare IP or is it owned by nintendo?) and I'm super excited about Viva Pinata

Motley
Jun 6, 2006, 07:19 AM
I sadly was the only kid in my school who was bought a CDI. I actually thought the Zelda games on it were good (at the time) but that's simply because everything else on it was so dire :)

Everybody often quotes the E.T games as the worst game, but since it sold very badly - how can the majortiy of these people have even played it? They have just read of it's legend...

I have played but simply cant remember it, so I didn't include it on my list.

I played it at a friends house, long long ago. And it did suck. It went mostly like this:
-Crap I fell down a hole
-Try to float out of said hole
-Fail many times because of crap controls
-Finally get out of hole
-Promptly fall into another hole
-Never play game again

Palad1
Jun 6, 2006, 09:49 AM
Dragon's lair!!!

Crappy game. Great animated movie.

Sharewaredemon
Jun 6, 2006, 10:39 AM
Custer's Revenge

Kernow
Jun 6, 2006, 10:46 AM
Without the music Turrican 3 would be at the bottom of the bin (download OST here if you want, its good (http://satamsam.co.uk/music/turrican.zip)).

Cool - I'm doing a project on audio/soundtracks in games at the moment, so I'll check this out.

You've got a typo in the link though - should be satansam, not satamsam ;) :p

2nyRiggz
Jun 6, 2006, 12:14 PM
[IMG]http://www.nintendocity.com

Hey loved those darkwing/quack pack games...they were nice. ET sucked so bad it still hurt to this day.

Prince of Persia was classic man....except PP for the DS(WTF:confused: )

Bless

slooksterPSV
Jun 6, 2006, 01:45 PM
My 2 cents;
I think Sonic in 3D that was on DC or GC was awesome, i didn't care for the one on Genesis.

MorrowWind 3 for Xbox was the worst because of the Load times, length, and bad bad (was there even one?) storyline.
I'd almost say FF8 because of the equipment (new blades and that), but the storyline was intriguing so I won't say that.
...Any 3d game for NES where you press up to move forward and have to turn to go a different direction. NES just did not meet the requirements to do that.
Any game where you have to click on an object and the character moves to check it out and you choose [Look At] [Open] [Pick-up] - what do they call those, kind of like MUDD is for Multi-User Dungeon...etc. you get the idea.
7th Saga for SNES was horrible.
I guess just the dumb idiotic games that have no point and no story, just edgy fun graphics.

In general: if its an RPG storyline, decent graphics, and (a) good battle system(s) is a must; Adventure must have good complete graphics and intuitive level design; Platform must go along with Adventure; Sports suck so who cares; Racing again like Adventure; Puzzle must provide the user with a challenge that meets a certain level of fun. --eg a tetris type game where you get x amount of blocks to clear the level.

srobert
Jun 6, 2006, 02:39 PM
Any game where you have to click on an object and the character moves to check it out and you choose [Look At] [Open] [Pick-up].

:eek: Heretic!!!

I won't run after you with my torch and pitchfork simply because you were wise enought to put "'My 2 cents" before your post. :D

I loved adventure games, especially the SCUMM engine ones.

jdechko
Jun 6, 2006, 03:04 PM
The ending was so the sequel could continue.

Don't blaspheme against Kingdom Hearts :p

Somehow, I knew this post would come from you, Praxis. :D

Anyway, I can't think of any really bad games, except for about the last 6 James Bond Games (the ones done by EA). Goldeneye was really awesome, don't get me wrong. But EA pretty much ruined all the rest of them. I also didn't care much for the second Splinter Cell. I loved the first and third ones, and the 4th one is gonna be pretty cool I think, but I just kinda got annoyed that there wasn't much to the second one.

Ringo
Jun 6, 2006, 03:17 PM
Dude! That Jurassic Park for the SNES kicked A**!!! Me and my bros would rent it back in the day and leave the SNES on for days because you couldn't save the game. There wwere even parts that were FPS!!! on an SNES!!! It was pretty cool. I actually think we bought it now that they're so cheap...

Bah... maybe it's was good but I was young and prefered the side scrolling Jurasick park. Maybe ill try to find it, since i now speak fluently english(or do I?) and ill be able to understand that game!

saunders45
Jun 6, 2006, 03:34 PM
:eek: Heretic!!!

I won't run after you with my torch and pitchfork simply because you were wise enought to put "'My 2 cents" before your post. :D

I loved adventure games, especially the SCUMM engine ones.

Freakin heck yeah. 3 of my all time favorites were SCUMM games.

Day-of the tentacle
Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis
and last, but not least: Full Throttle

Doraemon
Jun 6, 2006, 04:02 PM
Mario Bros 2

So true.
And in fact, Mario Bros 2 was never designed to become Mario Bros 2. That's what the Lost Levels (on the Mario Allstars cartrigde) was actually supposed to be. And THAT would have been a decent Mario 2!

Pro Evolution Soccer 4 & 5 - I cant stand football, so what posseses me to buy the game just because it gets a great review. Dick head!!!

Because you don't like football, doesn't make PES a bad game. Actually, it's by far the best soccer game available. If you don't like it - okay, but it really shouldn't be listed as "worst game".

Metal Gear Solid 2. Completely ruined the franchise for me. I swear, it was written by drug addicts, or people in a a mental hospital.

I humbly disagree. MGS2 is IMO the best game for the PS2.

That jurassic park game on SNES with top view...

Oh yes. Absolutely! That game seriously sucked!

Dagless
Jun 6, 2006, 04:14 PM
I humbly disagree. MGS2 is IMO the best game for the PS2.
Yes it was. To me MGS2 sucked chimps. but it was still the best PS2 game I played.

Oh yes. Absolutely! That game seriously sucked!

I had that Jurassic Park game on my Amiga. Was on 4 floppies, which was alright. but the LOADING. sweet god. It made the game unplayable. it took a good 15 minutes to get into the action. One of the games that made me never tolerate loading again. I think I played it about 3 times.
I'd pay anyone to play JP on the Amiga and not get sick of the loading, or Rise of the Robots.

Digidesign
Jun 6, 2006, 04:15 PM
Metal Gear Solid 3 for the PS2. I never made it past the first mission, since they kept talking and talking and talking and talking about all this crap I didn't care about. Worse still, they sounded so "important" and self-righteous the whole time as they vocally circle-jerked each other over DNA and humans and politics. After sitting there watching the characters pointlessly rambling on, while having to hit the X button every five seconds, I said screw it, and returned the game [rental].

Conan was an awesome game. Horrible ending though. Plus, the fact that you did if anything touched you was lame. I mean, c'mon, a bat touches Ahnuld and he dies? :rolleyes: Still, it was one of the favorites on my old Apple II (along with the old Ultima an d Bards Tale series).

Dragon Lair is pretty lame. It's like a choose-your-own-adventure tale, where they give you a million-and-one ways.... to die. Every other click leads to a bad ending.

FleurDuMal
Jun 6, 2006, 04:16 PM
I remember buying Crash Test Dummies for the Master System many, many years ago. It took literally an hour to complete. Given that back then I was only about eight years old, I could only buy one or two games a year. Although maybe not the worst game I've played, it was the most upsetting as I knew I couldn't buy another game for a year. In fact, I think I cried :(

MacRumorUser
Jun 6, 2006, 04:17 PM
Because you don't like football, doesn't make PES a bad game. Actually, it's by far the best soccer game available. If you don't like it - okay, but it really shouldn't be listed as "worst game".

But it's one of my worst games. List's like this are completely subjective and personal. Hey I like some of the games listed on here too, doesnt make the other person 'wrong' it's just their opinion.

Scartissue
Jun 6, 2006, 04:37 PM
Deus Ex.

Nah, just kidding. :)

Seriously, Champ Man and it's many equally poor spinoffs piss me off no end. As many have said, I already have a copy of Excel thanks.

Diablo 1 and 2. Nicely done watering down the RPG there. Shows that Blizzard truly arn't perfect. Give me BGII any day.

Enter the Matrix. I remain resolute that it's nowhere near as hard as they make it out to be to make a liscensed game. Try harder dammit.

Kernow
Jun 6, 2006, 04:42 PM
Personally, I have never played it, but Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Rigs:_Over_the_Road_Racing) usually merits a mention in these kind of lists. GameSpot voted it 'Flat Out Worst Game of All Time'. The comments on Wikipedia make it out to be some kind of cult classic - of the so bad it's good variety. I almost want to give it go.

FleurDuMal
Jun 6, 2006, 04:48 PM
Seriously, Champ Man and it's many equally poor spinoffs piss me off no end. As many have said, I already have a copy of Excel thanks.

Championship Manager/Football Manager is a fantastic game if you love football. If you're willing to spend a lot of time trying to understand the match engine, imo its the most rewarding game I've ever played. Better than these other football management games where you just start as Chelsea/Manchester United/Arsenal, buy up the worlds best players (who are usually far too willing to come)
, put everyone on some basic training, and then go off and win the league, FA Cup and European Cup!

Its by far the best management simulation out there. Especially given the very poor standard of the competion (LMA, Championship Manager post-SIGames, Total Football, Premier Manager, etc).

GonzoRob
Jun 6, 2006, 05:19 PM
Ok,
I'll bite, here are a couple that keep me up at night..

Amiga 500:
Nightbreed (http://ilx.wh3rd.net/thread.php?msgid=6274355) - this is the worst move based game.. it wins hands down.
Shadow of the Beast 2 - yes, everyone used to bang on about the great graphics - but its game play was piss-poor (everyone had to use the 'ten pints' cheat ;) )
Spy Vs Spy - it just upset me ..
the millions of Silkworm and Swiv clones ...

There were lots for the Amiga .. but those are the three that stick in my lungs..

for the PC:

Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure (http://www.mobygames.com/game/cosmos-cosmic-adventure-forbidden-planet) - just look at the screen shots..
Rise of the Robots (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Robots) - made me want to vomit bile.
Road Rash 3d - they killed such a good game
Heretic 2 - 3rd person, why?!
actually.. im going to stop now before I get into a really bad mood..

I think I've been ripped off too many times over the years (im only 23 :) )

However, a 'worst games of all time' website would be fantastic..

Perhaps tomorrow I'll continue the list (from 1998ish onwards) ..

R

PS: Any Bubble Bobble game that isn't the first, Rainbow Island.. or (at a pinch) Parasol Stars..

Infact, Parasol Stars was rubbish .. put that on.

Grr

saunders45
Jun 6, 2006, 06:11 PM
MGS2 is IMO the best game for the PS2.

I completely agree, as a person who does not enjoy Final Fantasy part 139.16246246 & 1/2, there's nill exclusives for me to enjoy, but it still was the most bullcrap storyline ever. Vampires and "force-field" chicks? Un-frickin-believable. Raiden was a panny-waist, and Plasma Snake "died" 20 times, but it wasn't at all suprising.

Ringo
Jun 6, 2006, 07:24 PM
Deus Ex.

Nah, just kidding. :)

Diablo 1 and 2. Nicely done watering down the RPG there. Shows that Blizzard truly arn't perfect. Give me BGII any day.

Enter the Matrix. I remain resolute that it's nowhere near as hard as they make it out to be to make a liscensed game. Try harder dammit.

Are you on crack or what??? Diablo 1 and 2 as worst game! Man you gotta explain me why people still play diablo 2... I hope that one kind of a joke, cause this thread is about utterly crappy game not just that you didn't like! Anyway... just my 2 cent.

Edit: Ohh!!! 125th post BTW. :) Still a long way from my avatar... :(

Fezwick
Jun 6, 2006, 08:10 PM
Did anyone ever play Lord of the Rings for SNES?

Quite possibly the worst game ever. No direction in which way to go and the monsters where ridiculously hard. Frodo would die in two hits from a wolf. You couldn't hit them either, as they ran around incredibly fast and you swung your sword incredibly slow.

All in all, a frustrating game. I think I sold it two days after I bought it.

beerpara
Jun 6, 2006, 08:59 PM
I've played a lot of bad games over the years, but for some reason, not many come to mind.

I loved my Amiga 500. Sensible Soccer was the absolutely best game of all time, EVER. However, my Amiga was also responsible for the biggest mistake of my life. I bought that awful, awful, Wrestlemania game. Arrgh! Make the pain stop!:eek:

By the way, did anyone here used to read the Amiga games mags? Amiga Power, The One, Amiga Action... those were the good days!:)

2nyRiggz
Jun 6, 2006, 09:14 PM
I thought MGS2 was great.....one of the best in the series. Anybody played the hulk game for SNES? i thought that was dumb as well.

Football games for the SNES sucked...except the Troy Aikman(sp) game

Bless

sb58
Jun 6, 2006, 09:53 PM
Honestly, i think PGR3 sucked. Big time.

Doraemon
Jun 7, 2006, 06:44 AM
But it's one of my worst games. List's like this are completely subjective and personal. Hey I like some of the games listed on here too, doesnt make the other person 'wrong' it's just their opinion.

I see a difference between games I don't like and games that are actually bad (programming errors, crashes, weired/confusing perspective, story flaws, terrible graphics, annoying sound etc.)
And therefore, I would still argue that PES 4 does not qualify for this list (okay, some of the reporters comments are really annoying and buggy, but you can turn them off).

Piarco
Jun 7, 2006, 10:54 AM
The Transformers - Commodore 64 Destroyed my childhood ! Only next years movie can restore my love...

Ever played Transformers: Beast Wars on the PC? I was tempted to claw my eyes out it was that bad. Just creepily bad. Uninstalled after all of five minutes...

And I agree with you 100% next years movie should redress the pain.... (especially after reading about the massive desert warfare sequence on Joblo.com... getting the Air Force in to use actual Stealth Fighters in the sequence? Awesome!!!)

slooksterPSV
Jun 7, 2006, 12:21 PM
Worst game ever made was Windows
I mean come on, everyday apply a new patch. Well every hour at most. And then the crashes, blue screens of death, you have to dodge everything just to use it. Windows is the worst game; some enjoy it though, and I don't know why.

DougTheImpaler
Jun 7, 2006, 12:22 PM
Hydelide on NES. The damn game would generate passcodes (no battery backup) and every password it ever gave me was invalid! What a waste!

Oooh, and Pitfall on the Atari 2600. I never did figure out what I was supposed to be doing in that game.

quigleybc
Jun 7, 2006, 01:30 PM
The games I hated for the Xbox were:

that one game about Volleyball where it was about hot girls in bikinis...wow, was that retarded

UFC-the first version

The Matrix

slooksterPSV
Jun 7, 2006, 02:25 PM
Hydelide on NES. The damn game would generate passcodes (no battery backup) and every password it ever gave me was invalid! What a waste!

Oooh, and Pitfall on the Atari 2600. I never did figure out what I was supposed to be doing in that game.
I wasted an hour, just now, playing Hydelide, that game is so stupid and messed up. They made it to where you have to play for hours to progress. Thank goodness for Emulators and the turbo feature hehe. I hate that game, its so pathetic *throws it in the garbage*

2nyRiggz
Jun 7, 2006, 02:56 PM
The games I hated for the Xbox were:

that one game about Volleyball where it was about hot girls in bikinis...wow, was that retarded

UFC-the first version

HA HA! that game is all about the babes dude.....just an excuse for fellas and some chicks to get off.

Bless

jelloshotsrule
Jun 7, 2006, 03:23 PM
i forget the name of the game... but it was some sort of train game, where you went around and did stuff sort of like myst, etc, but most of the game was just watching a movie. hah. and any stuff you did do was actually just obvious and there was no challenge to be had. not railroad tycoon.. damn what was it called....

chairguru22
Jun 7, 2006, 03:29 PM
i hated hitman 2. worst game design, boring.

Tanglewood
Jun 7, 2006, 03:36 PM
I've never wanted to destroy a game so badly in my life.

turbopants
Jun 7, 2006, 03:59 PM
ET for the Atari 2600 easily wins. Just horrible. PacMan for the 2600 was also very bad; a real disappointment at the time. :mad:

slooksterPSV
Jun 7, 2006, 04:17 PM
i forget the name of the game... but it was some sort of train game, where you went around and did stuff sort of like myst, etc, but most of the game was just watching a movie. hah. and any stuff you did do was actually just obvious and there was no challenge to be had. not railroad tycoon.. damn what was it called....
Was it called like River or something?

thechris69
Jun 7, 2006, 08:58 PM
Close Combat First To Fight, worst game ever played, you know a game sucks when the intro video rendered movie has awful graphics and character models etc..., just a overall crap game... to above poster, I DIDNT KNOW THERE WAS A TOTAL RECALL GAME!?!?!?!?, GIVE THIS PEOPLE AIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRR. battlefield 2 modern combat was pretty bad to, shouldnt be classified as a battlefield game

Amishexmachina
Jun 8, 2006, 03:06 AM
EvilZone for the PS1. If you have never played it, I seriously recommend you look into it just to see how aweful it is. Graphics like Battle Arena Toshidin about 4 years into the system's life, Dubbing worse then a Gamera film, and the best part; the only two commands you could give were atttack and defend. I am not kidding.

The odd thing is, the game is so blatantly and honestly bad that me and my friends couldn't help but love it. That plus it has an Ultraman-like character in it called Danziver.

"DANZIVER!"

Dagless
Jun 8, 2006, 03:45 AM
I had a play around on another Arnie game, the one where he's a spy. can't remember the name :o was top view and you could do stupid things like rolling around.

Ristar was bad too. Maybe I was expecting Sonic. But this was too slow, the gameplay mechanics were too drastic and too dull to be anything fun.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 8, 2006, 09:04 AM
Was it called like River or something?

hmm, nope that's not it...

it was a mac game. it's annoying me that i can't remember the name. i'll find out...

edit: it was called... gadget! sucked

saunders45
Jun 8, 2006, 11:23 AM
battlefield 2 modern combat was pretty bad to, shouldnt be classified as a battlefield game

For which system? The one for Xbox 1 sucked hard. Controls were stupid and your character slid when he walked. I felt like I was on ice, even in the desert. However, the one for the 360 isn't bad. I just got it, and i'm even enjoying the campaign.

DougTheImpaler
Jun 8, 2006, 12:04 PM
ET for the Atari 2600 easily wins. Just horrible. PacMan for the 2600 was also very bad; a real disappointment at the time. :mad:
No way! I actually *liked* ET. Of course, I was like 10 and I figured out how to win it.

srobert
Jun 8, 2006, 12:08 PM
Just for the fun of it, I compiled a list of the Top-5 worst games Metacritics has listed for each console. (Too bad it can't go further than Circa 1996) Some of the games on this list might make the games mentioned in this thread look like gems. ;)

Metacritics is a site that calculates the average of many reviews. I've included a quote for the worst game in each category. ^_^

PS2's 5 Worst Games
Transformers Tataki (2003) 31%
GoDai: Elemental Force (2002) 27%
Miami Vice (2004) 27%
Knight Rider 2 (2004) 26%
Gravity Games Bike: Street. Vert. Dirt (2002) 24%

In the ongoing competition for the PS2's worse title, this game undershines them all - Official U.S. Playstation Magazine.

PS1's 5 Worst Games
Disney's The Lion King: Simba's Mighty Adventure (2000) 30%
Mortal Kombat Special Forces (2000) 28%
HBO Boxing (2000) 26%
KISS Pinball (2001) 26%
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Battle 22 (2003) 25%
An old game that was originally released in Japan more than eight years ago. It has not been tweaked or updated in the least. It looked like crap then and it looks like crap now. - Cheat Code Central Platinum

Xbox's Worst Games
Stake: Fortune Fighters (2003) 26%
Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (2003) 26%
Batman: Dark Tomorrow (2003) 25%
Pulse Racer (2002) 24%
Drake (2003) 22%
The worst game I've ever played. Ever. It's worse than "Aquaman," people. It's so bad, in fact, that I briefly considered driving my car off a cliff on the way home one day, just so I wouldn't have to play it anymore. - eToychest

Dreamcast's Worst Games
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (2000) 43%
MTV Sports: Skateboarding Featuring Andy McDonald (2000) 40%
Ducati World Racing Challenge (2001) 40%
ECW Anarchy Rulz (2001) 38%
ESPN NBA 2Night (2000) 29%
The sorriest excuse for a game I have ever seen on the Dreamcast, and Konami should be absolutely ashamed of unleashing such a sloppy, painful experience on the sports gaming community under the guise of a "product." - IGN

GameCube's Worst Games
Bad Boys II: Miami Takedown (2004) 35%
BeyBlade: Super Tournament Battle (2003) 33%
Batman: Dark Tomorrow (2003) 29%
Aquaman: Battle for Atlantis (2003) 27%
Charlie's Angels (2003) 23%
A horrific display of ineptitude. - GameSpot

Nintendo 64's Worst Games
Cruis'n Exotica (2000) 43%
Rally Challenge 2000 (2000) 41%
Blues Brothers 2000 (2000) 32%
Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue (2000) 25%
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (2000) 24%
To add insult to injury, when Batman gets hurt, his animation is to fall over like a domino. Here you've got a fully equipped destroyer of crime, and he takes punches like an inflatable 'punch-em' clown. This speaks pages for how poorly the rest of the animation fares. - Game Revolution

GameBoy Advance's Worst Games
Mortal Kombat Advance (2001) 32%
Fear Factor: Unleashed (2004) 30%
Shrek Swamp Kart Speedway (2002) 27%
Mucha Lucha! Mascaritas of the Lost Code (2003) 26%
Legends of Wrestling II (2002) 24%
Avoid this like a used King Kong Bundy jockstrap. - Game Informer

PC's Worst Games
Hooters Road Trip (2002) 22%
Miami Vice (2004) 21%
Navy SEALs: Weapons of Mass Destruction (2003) 18%
NRA Varmint Hunter (2004) 16%
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing (2003) 8%
If you hate someone, and I mean HATE someone, give them this game as a gift, in the hopes that they’ll play it, because that way you can say to them, “haha, you’re an idiot who plays Big Rigs!” I wish I could think of some redeeming factors for the game, but there simply aren’t any. - Thunderbolt

DougTheImpaler
Jun 8, 2006, 12:55 PM
out of all those bad games, I'm surprised we haven't seen Street Fighter: The Movie, espeically considering it was a PS1 title.

MacRumorUser
Jun 8, 2006, 01:44 PM
out of all those bad games, I'm surprised we haven't seen Street Fighter: The Movie, espeically considering it was a PS1 title.

I know it was ****, but I quite enjoyed it :o A digitised Kylie Minogue, that girl could digitise me any day of the week....

Animation was on par with pit fighter. Hey that's another for the collection, pit fighter. :)

2nyRiggz
Jun 8, 2006, 02:57 PM
Anybody remember bad dudes?.....oh pit fighter yeahhhhhhhhh. Street fighter the movie based game sucked bad.

Bless

MacRumorUser
Jun 8, 2006, 04:28 PM
Anybody remember bad dudes?.....oh pit fighter yeahhhhhhhhh. Street fighter the movie based game sucked bad.

Bless

God yeah bad dudes sucked ass too :mad: So many bad games coming back to memory, this thread is EVIL....

Dagless
Jun 8, 2006, 04:51 PM
Pit Fighter was mint! So so cheesy. only good as a multiplayer though.

Was Body Blows bad? I can't remember. I just remember the terrible pillow-shaded pixel art.
BRUTAL PAWS OF FURY. terrible.

MacRumorUser
Jun 8, 2006, 05:08 PM
Pit Fighter was mint! So so cheesy. only good as a multiplayer though.

Was Body Blows bad? I can't remember. I just remember the terrible pillow-shaded pixel art.
BRUTAL PAWS OF FURY. terrible.

Clay Fighter sucked ASS, not as much as Rise of the Robots but thats like comparing a green turd to a brown turd :D

coffey7
Jun 8, 2006, 09:23 PM
Devil May cry 2

Haoshiro
Jun 8, 2006, 09:46 PM
Superman 64

DevilDog
Jun 8, 2006, 09:54 PM
Close Combat First To Fight, worst game ever played, you know a game sucks when the intro video rendered movie has awful graphics and character models etc..., just a overall crap game...
I got that because it featured Marines... you're right about the movie and character models... but the gameplay wasn't horrible... and I like the multiplayer co-op.

2nyRiggz
Jun 8, 2006, 11:22 PM
Clay Fighter sucked ASS, not as much as Rise of the Robots but thats like comparing a green turd to a brown turd :D

Clay fighters...i liked bad mr. frosty..LOL. Anybody liked primal rage? oh yea brutal paws of fury sucked some serious arse.

Nobody remembers history fighters or MK: subzero?

Bless

thechris69
Jun 11, 2006, 01:09 PM
who remembers that game for sega genesis called SKITCHEN, the one where u were on roller blades and you smacked people off cars, sooo fun

Diddiyo
Jun 11, 2006, 01:28 PM
Counterstrike, the most boring game ever released. sitting in the corner waiting for your enemy to be stupid enough to make a move and walk by... such an exciting game!

zZzZZzzzZzz.....

mark!
Jun 11, 2006, 02:05 PM
The Spyro games, they are like mario but with a dragon.

britboy
Jun 11, 2006, 02:30 PM
Worst game of all time:

World of Warcraft.

Seriously, it's so awful that it takes away any semblance of social life that you may have had. That can't be good!

Digidesign
Jun 12, 2006, 02:26 PM
Worst game of all time:

Final Fantasy XI

Seriously, it's so awful that it takes away any semblance of social life that you may have had. That can't be good!

FTFY.

Chaszmyr
Jun 12, 2006, 03:03 PM
Just for the fun of it, I compiled a list of the Top-5 worst games Metacritics has listed for each console. (Too bad it can't go further than Circa 1996) Some of the games on this list might make the games mentioned in this thread look like gems. ;)

Too bad they didn't do "worst games people have actually played." I've never even heard of most of those games.

keysersoze
Jun 12, 2006, 03:18 PM
Castlevania for GameBoy (original).

Freakin hard. If you didn't know where the secret rooms were, you had no chance. Beat it once, finally, then threw away.

Chaszmyr
Jun 12, 2006, 03:28 PM
Castlevania for GameBoy (original).

Freakin hard. If you didn't know where the secret rooms were, you had no chance. Beat it once, finally, then threw away.

Apparently you never played Castlevania 3 on NES :p

jelloshotsrule
Jun 12, 2006, 03:41 PM
Worst game of all time:

World of Warcraft.

keywords being "semblance of"...

nice to see you round, mate!

keysersoze
Jun 12, 2006, 03:46 PM
Apparently you never played Castlevania 3 on NES :p

A masochist, I am not...
:)