Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I've been in the market for a new laptop for next semester since march and Apple's current lineup of portables aren't just cutting it. In fact it seems the only "stable" laptop currently from Apple is the 17" MBP. All others are receiving major heat/criticisms from customers (me included). I thought this was a widespread problem with all core duo notebooks but it isn't, my sisters HP has no whine/moo or heat issues. Whereas, a MBP i previously owned had ALL of the aforementioned issues.

I've had to get a refurb PowerBook just to get by (which works great by the way) as my previous MacBook Pro was less than stellar

Am i gonna have to spring for an iMac/MacMini (which seem to have less criticisms) instead? or can we expect the Core2Duo (Merom) portables to fare better. Last thing i want is to be looking for workarounds/hacks or visiting forums to solve issues. I just want a notebook that works. Sheesh.

This is my rant for the day.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
My macbook works fine, no issues. But if you just bought a powerbook I would imagine you could use it until a new rev macbook pro is released.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.