Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a2cute2control

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2005
Hey i'm just checking to see what I could possibly get in terms of cash for this machine...what can I say, i'd like a macbook! *canadian currency please*

ibook
PowerPC G4
14.1"
RAM 512
60GB ATA/100 4200RPM
Slot-Load SuperDrive DVD+/-RW, CD-RW
Sudden Motion Sensor Technology
Graphics: ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 With 32MB Of Dedicated DDR SDRAM
Network Card: Built-In 54-Mbps AirPort Extreme (Wi-Fi 802.11g), Built-In ?Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
1.42 ghz

It is basically the last revision apple made to the ibook line. Under applecare till sept. Have all the boxes and booklets,,no problems whatsoever, in amazing shape. Also included is Toast Titanium 7 and full copy of MS Office and Appleworks.

rohopish

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2006
Ummm...

Hey fellow Canadian, I'm from Niagara Falls! :D Not that where I live matters, but I hardly ever meet Canadian or know of any on this forum. Well, right now I have a 1.42 GHz Mac Mini PowerPC G4, so I'm just thinking how much your iBook would be in comparison....

I honestly can't be accurate, but if I was making an offer, I'd give you about $700 Canadian. But I can't be absolutely sure, as I don't really know the condition or anything. Do you have any photos? Good luck buddy.

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm not sure what the current exchange rate is between U.S. and Canadian, but the same model iBook is going for $1049 in the U.S. refurbished store. Using that as a starting point, I'd probably say you're looking at maybe $800 (U.S.). The model from the refurbished store has got a full year of AppleCare, with the option to buy two more, and the peace of mind in knowing it came from Apple. Also, the MacBooks probably lower that price a little bit. The $800 estimate is just a rough guess. I'd think you'd get a little bit less if you sold it somewhere like MacRumors, and a little bit more if you went with some place like eBay. Hope that helped.

EDIT: I didn't take into account the included software. With that, I'd probably say you might be able to get around $900. Although at that price you'd be getting closer to MacBook range, so it might be harder to sell, unless you find someone specifically looking for a G4 laptop.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
PA

Just to add to the previous post, $900 US seems fair. I ran it through a currency calculator and it said it would convert to about $996 Canadian. BTW, this probably should have been listed in the marketplace as a feeler.;)

Hope That Helps

Kevin

a2cute2control

macrumors member
Original poster
May 31, 2005
thanks for the info guys....yeah I usually check http://www.ehmac.ca for all my canadian mac needs.lol

this is a tangle web, if I sell now and pay the difference into the macbook, i'll forever just keep upgrading, but considering I've been wanting a isight, and the new ilife software, i'd already down over 250 bucks, and well I guess intel is the wave of the future...should I jump ship or keep loving the ibook till it dies....

btw, anyone in canada's capital wanna make a offer? i'm all ears.

SheriffParker

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2006
The land of love
Jump Ship! Jump Ship!!!

The G4 processor is ancient! You know your new macbook will blow this thing out of the water. Just get the macbook and be done with it. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.