PDA

View Full Version : homeworld 2

bokdol
Jun 6, 2006, 10:54 PM
i just wanted to say i picked up hopmeworld 2 at compusa for 20 bucks. it's awesome. i forgot how cool the game was. but for 20 bucks not bad for a mac game. and if you dont know homeowrld 2 it is one of the best space strategy games out there. and it works amazingly on my g4. it probably would run great on the intel book.

well thats all i had to say. it's a great deal and awesome game.:D

Soulstorm
Jun 8, 2006, 02:29 AM
Homeworld is the only game I have played with such an immersive universe. The music, sounds and environment gives you a feeling of hi-tech religious drama (although it has nothing to do with religion, just a prophecy).

One of the best strategy games out there.

enclave
Jun 8, 2006, 10:33 PM
anyone know if it runs well on a 13" macbook?

bokdol
Jun 9, 2006, 08:19 AM
we are getting some macbooks soon. if i have a chance i will install it to see.

schlomo32
Jun 11, 2006, 06:47 PM
I bought H2 a week ago but was sad to find that nobody plays it on Gameranger anymore :( if anyone wants to kick a newbie's butt, drop me a line. also, has anyone found custom maps for the mac version of h2?

harveypooka
Jun 12, 2006, 01:22 PM
i just wanted to say i picked up hopmeworld 2 at compusa for 20 bucks. it's awesome. i forgot how cool the game was. but for 20 bucks not bad for a mac game. and if you dont know homeowrld 2 it is one of the best space strategy games out there. and it works amazingly on my g4. it probably would run great on the intel book.

well thats all i had to say. it's a great deal and awesome game.:D

I really really liked this game and played it very cautiously, planning attacks and all. Then at one point I just decided to send everything (all ships) in one massive group to attack and you (usually) win! Never the less, the graphics are lovely...I love pressing space to get your galactic map up, great sound too.

SamIchi
Jun 12, 2006, 09:33 PM
I played the first few tutorials and stopped. The movement and camera angles got frustrating on my trackpad. For the person who asked if it will run on the MacBook (2.0GHz 2GB RAM), it ran fine on mine, but I didn't get into anything intesive. Maybe once I get a mouse, I'll consider.

enclave
Jun 14, 2006, 05:27 AM
I played the first few tutorials and stopped. The movement and camera angles got frustrating on my trackpad. For the person who asked if it will run on the MacBook (2.0GHz 2GB RAM), it ran fine on mine, but I didn't get into anything intesive. Maybe once I get a mouse, I'll consider.

Cheers mate.

benyaimin
Jun 14, 2006, 08:17 PM
anyone know if it runs well on a 13" macbook?

i would say yes. the only thing that could affect performance is Rosetta.

iProd
Jun 14, 2006, 11:02 PM
I bought H2 a week ago but was sad to find that nobody plays it on Gameranger anymore :( if anyone wants to kick a newbie's butt, drop me a line. also, has anyone found custom maps for the mac version of h2?
I'm up for a game :D

kumbaya
Jun 15, 2006, 10:36 AM

A wheel mouse is essential for fun with H2.

Also, it's the only game whose soundtrack I would want to buy - and it is available too!

lol

Supa_Fly
Jun 15, 2006, 11:42 AM
During one of my moves I lost this game & the 1st version; really ticked me off.

I love this game! So immersive and the 3 dimensional views & control is incredible.

My old PC laptop the Compaq E500 was able to run this at limit video card requirements of 8MB in WinXP and it was SMOOTH!

Should be no reason a 3 yr old Mac laptop cannot produce likewise results.;)