Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMan93

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2006
I had bought a $10 3in1 Digital camera from radioshack. I found drivers for it over the web....so I can upload photos and record videos from QuickTime. My problem is when I take a stand-alone video...the video is actually a sequence of BMP files! I see how the windows program identifies these files as the File Name has a different header the regular photos. (d8_frame#_actualphoto#) What I want to do is wright a cocoa program that converts the sequence of .BMPs into an .AVI video.(uncompressed) I just wanted to know what libraries or "commands" I would need to call. I know basic Cocoa programing but I'm still an amature..... All I really am looking for is info on a "routine" or Library that I need to call to convert the .BMP<>.AVI.(Example Code would be great too!) Yes, I know an .AVI is just a photo sequence contained in one file.

Any Help is apriciated.

Thanks! (ign0r3 my h0ribl speleling):p

MacMan93

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2006
I have tried that before but I figured it out thanks! I'm still interested in the program as it is a PIA to make the movie in quicktime as you have to drg in every freaking frame one at a time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.