PDA

View Full Version : WC3 quits unexpectedly... help?

Natsus
Jun 7, 2006, 09:46 AM
thought I'd try my luck here to see if anyone can provide help.

I'm trying to run the game WC3 in OSX. The game works fine in Windows via bootcamp but I would like to see how this game runs in OSX. The installation goes through without a hitch but as soon as I try and run the game, it quits with the error message, "WC3 quit unexpectedly, but your other applications were not effected" something to that effect. I cannot even get into the main menu. All I see is a black screen for 1-2 secs before it quits back to osx.

I tried patching it manually but that didn't work. And before anyone suggest it, yes I did try to repair permissions. Can anyone provide some insights?

Veldek
Jun 7, 2006, 10:22 AM
Did you install and run the game from the same user account?

Macmaniac
Jun 7, 2006, 10:49 AM
I am not sure about WC3's stability on the Intel Macs, since it is running in Rossetta problems could arise. I have heard about graphics issues with WC3 running certain mods, but Intel Hardware is a whole different story.

I would check Blizzards support forums to check on rosetta compatibility.

Natsus
Jun 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
Did you install and run the game from the same user account?

Yes I'm under the same user account

I am not sure about WC3's stability on the Intel Macs, since it is running in Rossetta problems could arise. I have heard about graphics issues with WC3 running certain mods, but Intel Hardware is a whole different story.

I would check Blizzards support forums to check on rosetta compatibility.

According to many people, they don't seem to have this problem. It may run slow.. or it may quit while playing... but never quit before I can even see a menu.

Thanks for both your help. It looks like I'll have to play via winxp through bootcamp. Not that I'm complaining.. but the more things i can run through OSX the better. (I'm lazy)

Macmaniac
Jun 7, 2006, 11:06 AM
I just wish I could play WC3 on my powerbook in windows. WC3 runs much smoother in windows, and some of the Mods I use crash WC3 when using a Mac:(