PDA

View Full Version : MBP and Civ 4

Mob
Jun 7, 2006, 04:16 PM
I am just wondering
I am getting the base model MBP.
I am wondering if i will have a smooth experince when i play CIV 4 when it comes out this july for mac?

Thanks

- Mob

Cougarcat
Jun 7, 2006, 04:34 PM
I am just wondering
I am getting the base model MBP.
I am wondering if i will have a smooth experince when i play CIV 4 when it comes out this july for mac?

Thanks

- Mob

Yes, you'll have no problem at all. Brad Oliver has written some enlightening points over at CivFanatics (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=172367&page=6) concerning performance and the (high) system requirements. Looks like people w/ a high end G4 and a good graphics card with lots of RAM and VRAM (my PowerBook) should be able to handle it, albeit with a lot of effects turned off, and at the end of the game things might be a tad slow.

Dont Hurt Me
Jun 7, 2006, 04:49 PM
You wont have any issues, you have a real GPU not some integrated crap graphics.:cool:

-M7-
Jun 7, 2006, 05:05 PM
You wont have any issues, you have a real GPU not some integrated crap graphics.:cool:

Ehm, that is not totally true...
I was able the play Civ 4 on bootcamp on my macbook 2Ghz and 512MB of Ram. It did run at native resolution at a respectable speed!

So you better reconsider your holy war against integrated graphics :p

And to the OP: obviously, if Civ 4 runs well on my stock macbook, you should not have problems with the Pro version.

thehuncamunca
Jun 8, 2006, 09:23 AM
yeah you'll be fine with a MBP-it's apple's fastest laptop so it should be able to run a game like civ4 with no problems

Stridder44
Jun 8, 2006, 09:37 AM
So you better reconsider your holy war against integrated graphics :p

I know you're making a joke but that holy war might be a reality soon, if it isn't already.