PDA

View Full Version : WoW on Macbook Pro? (AKA, update the wiki entry)

Amishexmachina
Jun 8, 2006, 02:40 AM
I' m guessing it's been asked a thousand times before, but how is the comparative performance of wow on a Macbook PRO (not a macbook) compared to, say, a 1.5 or 1.67 powerbook G5? Is it THAT noticable?

Also, someone might want to update the WoW on Mac wiki entry to include performance on the Macintels. It seems like a pertinent question.

DougTheImpaler
Jun 8, 2006, 10:15 AM
Powerbook G5?

Assuming you menat a PBG4, then yeah, the differnece is huge. The difference between a G5 and a G4 is huge, and pretty much everything on an Intel Mac has been faster than an equivolently-clocked G5, in terms of universal apps. I'd say it's a substantial difference. G4's don't love WoW as much as other CPU's.

Amishexmachina
Jun 8, 2006, 11:14 AM
Powerbook G5?

Assuming you menat a PBG4, then yeah, the differnece is huge. The difference between a G5 and a G4 is huge, and pretty much everything on an Intel Mac has been faster than an equivolently-clocked G5, in terms of universal apps. I'd say it's a substantial difference. G4's don't love WoW as much as other CPU's.

ACK! Why must the 4 and 5 keys be so close together?

Yes, PB G4 is what I meant. I guessd the performance would be far better, I was just commenting that somebody should update the wikientry to accomdate this.

Although, on a side note PBG5's did exist, they just were never released because they got about 15 minutes of battery life.