PDA

View Full Version : DS Download Station update

DEXTERITY
Jun 8, 2006, 03:06 PM
In case anyone cares, starting next week the download stations in stores will be updated with version 2. The demos consist of:

Magnetica
Big Brain Acedmy
Metroid
Brain Age
Tetris Push
Tetris Standard
Xmen exclusive movie
over the hedge exclusive movie

paddy
Jun 8, 2006, 03:23 PM
In case anyone cares, starting next week the download stations in stores will be updated with version 2. The demos consist of:

Magnetica
Big Brain Acedmy
Metroid
Brain Age
Tetris Push
Tetris Standard
Xmen exclusive movie
over the hedge exclusive movie

I'll be interested in seeing the quality of the movie trailers (thats what the xmen thing is right?). They should be great quality on the DS Lite screen.

AJ Muni
Jun 8, 2006, 03:25 PM
I'm getting my ds lite tommorow, and its my first. This might be a stupid question but how do those download stations work?? and where are they located? like in eb games or something?

GFLPraxis
Jun 8, 2006, 04:27 PM
I'll be interested in seeing the quality of the movie trailers (thats what the xmen thing is right?). They should be great quality on the DS Lite screen.

It could also be a game trailer.

DEXTERITY
Jun 8, 2006, 04:31 PM
I thought it was a movie trailor because we're supposed to start doing that, but it is just a trailer of the game..

In regards to the DL station. All EB/GS have them behind the counter. Just walk in the store. If you put your DS on without a game (or with a game, hold start while powering on) you will see an option to download a demo.

Select this then you will see the list of demo's you can DL.

Target and Best Buy also have the DL stations located in the game section.

Best Buys is located on the endcap with the Game Cube and DS interactive. Target is located in the aisle with the DS games.

Toysrus and Walmart will have them soon.

chairguru22
Jun 9, 2006, 10:31 PM
I thought it was a movie trailor because we're supposed to start doing that, but it is just a trailer of the game..

In regards to the DL station. All EB/GS have them behind the counter. Just walk in the store. If you put your DS on without a game (or with a game, hold start while powering on) you will see an option to download a demo.

Select this then you will see the list of demo's you can DL.

Target and Best Buy also have the DL stations located in the game section.

Best Buys is located on the endcap with the Game Cube and DS interactive. Target is located in the aisle with the DS games.

Toysrus and Walmart will have them soon.

how long can you keep these d/l demos? if they go away when you turn them off then f' that... i was getting excited

GFLPraxis
Jun 10, 2006, 12:14 AM
how long can you keep these d/l demos? if they go away when you turn them off then f' that... i was getting excited

Dude, have you ever used a DS? There's no way to save the demos.
Except on the Wii.

Counterfit
Jun 10, 2006, 01:05 AM
(or with a game, hold start while powering on)
That only applies when you have the auto-start enabled.
Also, you don't even need your own DS if there's one on display. Just restart it, and select download play. I'll be checking out Magnetica sometime this weekend.

DEXTERITY
Jun 15, 2006, 03:41 PM
here is an update. Gamestop/Eb stores now have version 2.

Target/Best Buy won't be updated until another week or two.

Toys-r-us will have download stations beginning the second week of July (all stores by the 21st) with Circuit City following soon after.

JDOG_
Jun 15, 2006, 03:53 PM
here is an update. Gamestop/Eb stores now have version 2.

Target/Best Buy won't be updated until another week or two.

Toys-r-us will have download stations beginning the second week of July (all stores by the 21st) with Circuit City following soon after.

HAWT. Wish they'd include a card with all these on there when you buy the system...whatever happened to the hallowed demo disc anyways? Seemed like a great idea to me...massive advertising at a minimal price. :rolleyes:

DEXTERITY
Jun 15, 2006, 06:33 PM
myself and a bunch of others have suggested having demos to give away at retail (at least game stop), I don't think it's happening. Thats where the DL stations come into play lol..

Foxglove9
Jun 15, 2006, 08:25 PM
I tried the download demo feature at the Nintendo store and it's great, I love that concept. Downside: Once you shut your machine, yes, the game is gone (maybe a way around that?).

I don't see why that isn't available online in some way to send to your DS. How cool would it be to just play a quick game demo of something you are thinking of buying on Amazon for example.

GFLPraxis
Jun 15, 2006, 09:01 PM
I tried the download demo feature at the Nintendo store and it's great, I love that concept. Downside: Once you shut your machine, yes, the game is gone (maybe a way around that?).

I don't see why that isn't available online in some way to send to your DS. How cool would it be to just play a quick game demo of something you are thinking of buying on Amazon for example.

There is physically no way for the DS to save the demo.

You can of course just shut the DS lid to put it in standby, instead of turning it off, and you'll never lose the demo, until you go to play another game.

I just use the M3 Adapter. People use WiFi cards to rip the demos and then put them online, where you can load them on a CF card and pop them in the DS.