PDA

View Full Version : Another "How was this created"

xli_ne
Jun 9, 2006, 09:40 AM
I have seen this kind of texture before and always thought it looked pretty cool.

Its the background of this pic on espn right now

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/xli_ne/design.jpg

Is it a photoshop deal or just a texture pic that has been colorized this way?

Blue Velvet
Jun 9, 2006, 09:46 AM
There are countless sites and image libraries that contain just textures of all kinds. We have a few of these types of CDs here at work with all sorts of textures like concrete, metal, wood etc.

Usually, they're pulled into Photoshop to colour them up and layer other stuff over them. This is much faster than creating something from scratch (jk).

Besides, this kind of texture when created can be difficult to get right in terms of its randomness and naturalness. Much easier to use something from real life as a starting point.

7on
Jun 9, 2006, 09:53 AM
If I have the time on project, creating textures can be quite fun. Nothing like taking parchment paper and crumbling it up or splattering ink on it. Fun times.

stoavio
Jun 9, 2006, 06:57 PM
Any number of custom brushes could also have been used.

SublimeProgie
Jun 10, 2006, 02:39 AM
for blending the people it was just a gradient and a layer mask.

pknz
Jun 10, 2006, 06:46 AM
On a slightly unrelated matter. Find it funny that an American (USA) is at the front(and is also the biggest)? I would have thought the best player would have taken centre stage.

mikemodena
Jun 10, 2006, 08:51 AM
On a slightly unrelated matter. Find it funny that an American is at the front(and is also the biggest)? I would have thought the best player would have taken centre stage.

ouch... you guys have no respect. Ronaldhino is definately the best player, but still ESPN is an American company. I watched a segment yesterday about the WC and it talked USA up and everyone else down.. which is very unusual about ESPN because they don't alienate viewers. The reason they did that was because we're in the USA and that's who is watching it. Plus, I think the USA is a much better team than 2002, but they're going to do much less. I think that they might make it out of the Group over Czech Republic (they're not going to beat Italy) and then they'll be squashed by Brazil first round.